Author Topic: Have you had any of these Canadian foods?  (Read 242 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Have you had any of these Canadian foods?
« on: September 24, 2020, 10:18:06 pm »
Have you had any of these Canadian foods?  If so, sound out!

“Canadian Bacon”,   Maple Syrup

Poutine

Butter Tart

Nanaimo Bar

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Re: Have you had any of these Canadian foods?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 09:14:31 am »

Poutine

Butter Tart

Nanaimo Bar

I have tried the first too but not the last three.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 10:38:30 am »

Poutine

Butter Tart

Nanaimo Bar

I've had everything but the Nanaimo Bar.

And I think Vermont would have a real problem with you calling maple syrup a Canadian food!

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 12:00:01 pm »

And I think Vermont would have a real problem with you calling maple syrup a Canadian food!

Sarah

Maybe they would but Quebec produces a lot of Maple syrup, I think much more than Vermont.
With that said, I have bought plenty of Vermont Maple syrup.

Chrissy

Offline Julie H

• Family
  • Formerly known as White Rabbit
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 01:28:25 pm »
I personally like to heat up the butter tarts.
Julie

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 01:56:40 am »

Sarah

Nanaimo Bars are a great potluck dessert- no matter which side of the border you're on.  I've even had them in Nanaimo, BC!

My maple syrup has Bourbon in it, so the folks in Kentucky might have issue with the appellation too!

Caela

My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

In a sky full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy? - Seal

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 09:52:21 am »
Maybe they would but Quebec produces a lot of Maple syrup, I think much more than Vermont.
With that said, I have bought plenty of Vermont Maple syrup.

Chrissy

IDK if it's still true, but in the US, the largest maple syrup producing state is NY. I've made my own maple syrup. It's takes a while. Some people don't like it. When I moved to Iowa people there liked using corn syrup, some said maple syrup is too thin. IGS.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 06:50:25 pm »
I like Maple syrup.

Chrissy

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 04:34:09 pm »
Those foods are pretty easy to get where I am. :)

Along with fiddleheads, King Cole Tea (which is just plain awesome).

I just wish arctic char was easier to get here. 
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline Missttee

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 04:46:08 pm »
I live in Canada and have had all of them. They are all amazing but the bacon is better just normal

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 05:22:04 pm »
I live in Canada and have had all of them. They are all amazing but the bacon is better just normal

Thank you for sharing out!

Chrissy

Tags: