Author Topic: A summary of my physical and mental changes 5 years post op  (Read 1052 times)

Offline warlockmaker

A summary of my physical and mental changes 5 years post op
« on: October 03, 2020, 12:34:30 am »
10 years hrt, 5 years post op and the changes physically and mentally :

*Physically female, 5ft 7ins, 128lbs (male 146lbs) Body hair gone, facial hair after laser gone, muscle mass greatly reduced but maintain strength when compared to cis female.
    Exercise everyday for 1 to 2 hours. Yoga,pilates daily plus alternate days running 4-5k or bicycling 20k. Fun swims.

*Skin everywhere very much softer and akin to cis female. However, skin now much dryer as very low T. T produces oil. Bruise much easier. Foot and body massage 3-4 times a week

Use moisturing lotion over body 2x daily, facial creams and anti aging. vreams and Facial weekly. This is an important routine for females.

* Hair thinning areas on my head now full of hair.

* Mentally. Two lives in one lifetime gives us the understanding that other perspectives also have merit. Much more empathy and the importance of Love so much greater. Handling stress not as well as when male - used to excel under stress.

* Acceptance the I am blessed to live two lives in a lifetine and that I am a transgender female the 3rd gender and I am NOT female. I feel more comfortable around females. Have many more close friends 95% female.

* Transition over but each day I learn more about life as a female and understand each of us have a different view as to a successful to transition. My present and future goal to give back to society and I am an adviocate for TGs not an activist. Featured in documentaries, magazines, newspapers and speak to large audiances.

* Believe that you need to win the heart of society for acceptance and laws can only afford tolerance.

I have not been back to Susans often but just want transitioners to know you can live a peaceful normal life in the gender of your choice.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:38:53 am by warlockmaker »
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015

Offline AnonyMs

Re: A summary of my physical and mental changes 5 years post op
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 01:20:44 am »
It’s good to hear from you again, and that you are doing so well. Still in Thailand?

Offline warlockmaker

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 02:34:49 am »
Yes. Speak thai fluent, write and read. A thai citizen now. A buddhist and run my charity foundation. Very rarely on Susans, have settled into my life here and at peace. So you still stuck between 2 worlds or have you crossed over ka.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

Offline AnonyMs

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 04:37:39 am »
I’m slowly getting there, but not socially transitioned yet. Probably soon.

I understand the charity thing. As I’ve got older I find myself wanting to help others more and more. And doing so. There so many things that can be done. I’m sure where that will lead.

Thailand is such a great place to be right now. I kind of wish I could live there, but family and everything...

Offline angelats

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 03:53:36 am »
Thank you very much warlockmaker for sharing with us your summary of the physical and mental changes 5 years post op.

Very helpful insights with a very broad spectrum of informations from physical changes to mental changes post op.
Your reflections on acceptance, 3rd gender, transition and our role in society makes me think.
To know to be able to live a peaceful normal life in the gender of your choice is an important message.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 04:20:31 am »
Congrats on everything. As a very long-time lurker on Susan’s, I followed your story closely because I too was a former investment banker (I think that was your profession before you retired, yes?). And I always enjoyed hearing of your post-transition happiness - never thought it would happen for me, but things happen / I did decide to transition, and so far I have had a positive journey.

I am also glad that you have found your new home in Thailand. Because my social transition has gone incredibly well, I will be staying in my hometown in the US. I wonder if you had started transition today as opposed to 10 years ago whether you would have ended up in Thailand...timing is everything!

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration...

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline warlockmaker

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 02:44:33 am »
I dont know if its because I am lucky, welloff or positive attitude , maybe all 3. But that my character even as a male. I chose Thailand because Im half chinese and feel comfortable in an Asian community. Alsi a buddhisr. Thus Thailand was perfect.

Offline Zumbagirl

• Family
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 11:43:41 am »
10 years hrt, 5 years post op and the changes physically and mentally :

*Physically female, 5ft 7ins, 128lbs (male 146lbs) Body hair gone, facial hair after laser gone, muscle mass greatly reduced but maintain strength when compared to cis female.
    Exercise everyday for 1 to 2 hours. Yoga,pilates daily plus alternate days running 4-5k or bicycling 20k. Fun swims.

*Skin everywhere very much softer and akin to cis female. However, skin now much dryer as very low T. T produces oil. Bruise much easier. Foot and body massage 3-4 times a week

Use moisturing lotion over body 2x daily, facial creams and anti aging. vreams and Facial weekly. This is an important routine for females.

* Hair thinning areas on my head now full of hair.

* Mentally. Two lives in one lifetime gives us the understanding that other perspectives also have merit. Much more empathy and the importance of Love so much greater. Handling stress not as well as when male - used to excel under stress.

* Acceptance the I am blessed to live two lives in a lifetine and that I am a transgender female the 3rd gender and I am NOT female. I feel more comfortable around females. Have many more close friends 95% female.

* Transition over but each day I learn more about life as a female and understand each of us have a different view as to a successful to transition. My present and future goal to give back to society and I am an adviocate for TGs not an activist. Featured in documentaries, magazines, newspapers and speak to large audiances.

* Believe that you need to win the heart of society for acceptance and laws can only afford tolerance.

I have not been back to Susans often but just want transitioners to know you can live a peaceful normal life in the gender of your choice.

Great feedback. My own surgery was coming up on 20 years ago. Life is life and I have fit into my new life very well and am doing wonderfully as well. I'm glad you popped in to say hi. Sometimes I feel like there aren't enough of us (folks who went through the entire gender changing sausage machine and came out whole from the other side). The world needs to know that there are plenty of us out there doing well. Most of us disappear for years, I know I did myself.

Offline warlockmaker

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 09:13:26 pm »
Thank you and to hear from someone who had surgery 20 years ago is special. Yes, life is life. I worry that some that are just begining this journey believe that the change will solve all their misery, it helps but the path to a peaceful life rests on your own outlook on life.

My path was to begin a new life, new friends, new language in a community that I feel most comfortable .Others choose different paths to continue living in their community. What changing gender has taught me is that there are many perceptions on how we see the world and I can now appreciate that these other views of life have validity also.

Offline jackiefox5585

• Neighbor
  • First makeup success
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 12:16:05 pm »
Well thats very nice of you to say. This is something I struggle with. its comforting to hear of those who are doing well.
Peace is a lie
there is only passion
through Passion I gain strength
through Strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through Victory my chains are broken
The force shall free me

Offline noleen111

• Family
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 06:58:04 am »
the path to a peaceful life rests on your own outlook on life.

My path was to begin a new life, new friends, new language in a community that I feel most comfortable .Others choose different paths to continue living in their community. What changing gender has taught me is that there are many perceptions on how we see the world and I can now appreciate that these other views of life have validity also.

I agree fully, I am almost 9 years post of op now. I saw my journey to womanhood as a new beginning. I moved to a strange place when i started hormones almost 12 years ago, with my best friend (she is cis-female) to start a new life as a woman.

I remember when I arrived, I had sore nipples under my top as my breast buds were starting to form and I knew no one besides my friend. I chose to see the world as a woman, now some 12 years later, I have a close circle of friends (yes we met more people), a husband and now a small adopted daughter. I went from a shy, stay in the corner, dont talk to me boy to a confident woman, who is out going and loves being social. My friend and I run a business.

That boy is so gone, I love my girly things and my best friend says, she sometimes forgets I was born male, that is how she says how complete my transition was.

I am no activist and no one besides my husband and best friend know I was born a boy. For me that not important, I want the world to see me as woman. I was given advice while at school, walk in a place like you suppose to be there and people will take you seriously. That is how approached my transition, I went into  my transition, I am a woman and I wanted the world to see me as one.. Ok the new start helped, All the people in my life see me how I want them to see me, a woman.

I suppose that is why I adapted to life as woman so quickly, I was told my friend, when she taught me to walk in heels, it was like I was doing to all my life, that is how natural I looked as glided in heels (my feet hurt in the beginning), I learnt how to apply makeup very quickly. but I wanted that. I was around 21 years old then, and typical 21 year old woman, knows how to put on makeup, walk in heels etc

I think I am more comfortable in a bra and panty and nice dress, than I ever was a boy in male clothing.

I think that is one disadvantage we have, as cis-girls learn these things in their teens.. We have the crash course a lot things girls learn over years.

Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was

Tags: