Author Topic: Will have my GCS at UCLA  (Read 2908 times)

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Will have my GCS at UCLA
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2021, 12:09:36 am »
@EllenW   @sarahc

Dear Ellen and Sarah:
Heya ladies... you are going through what most recent GCS surgery members go through.   
Not only do you no longer have the male bits, but also you can't unzip your fly and stand to pee any longer.

It takes a little while and then you will be automatically be thinking as a woman in the shower and on the toilet.... 

;)  they don't put urinals in the women's public bathrooms and locker rooms.

Thank your for sharing and posting.
HUGS and quick healing.
Danielle

Had an interesting experience happen yesterday. I was taking my first shower after the catheter was removed. Twice my subconscious and muscle memory had me reaching for my male bits before my conscious mind said I do no longer have them (yeah  :icon_dance:)

I am so happy that I no longer have to tuck and worry about a bulge between my legs.

Ellen
Heh-heh...yeah, there have been a couple of times this week when I had to go to the bathroom so I unconsciously stood over the toilet and started to pull down my pants when I suddenly realized, "Oops - that won't work!" Laughed at myself.

Sarah
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline mm

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2021, 03:38:18 pm »
I sure would like to be able to stand to pee when I am out hiking/camping like the all the guy do.  I always have to go off and find a place and pull my pants down.  It can be cold too some times.

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2021, 04:29:52 pm »
Ever since I started presenting female on my runs and hikes I've always squatted to pee. I regard it as part of the "presenting female" experience. I've gotten past the mistake of peeing on my shoe and do ok with it now I've also gotten less paranoid about being seen. It's just a biological necessity; the alternative is wet pants

(Edit) Also I forgot to mention that you can buy a silicone tube called Go Girl Feminine Urination Device for about $13. My cis sister uses it when outdoors.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk
Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline mm

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2021, 10:25:28 am »
Randy, I have a couple of those stand to pee devices they work alright, just have to carry them with you and then should wash them often too.

Offline mm

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2021, 12:32:37 pm »
Katie76, the PPV method is the newest procedure the surgeons are using. I hope you have the best results.

Offline EllenW

• Friend
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2021, 02:13:46 pm »
I am getting "antzy" cause my GCS is coming up on March 9 in San Francisco. My doctor said she uses the newer Peritoneal Pull-Through, PPV method. Don't know what to expect, and life moves on.

Katie
I thought about having this process. But I still decided to go with minimal depth instead. At my age I did not feel the need to have the vaginal canal. If I change my mind I can always the PPV method to add the canal.

Good luck on March 9th

Ellen
Known all my life I was different
Started to live part time as my true self in 2010
HRT January 2018
Full time at work February 2018
Legal name and gender change January 2019
GCS - January 2021

Tags: