Author Topic: Steph's New Journey  (Read 845 times)

Offline Steph1967

Steph's New Journey
« on: October 07, 2020, 10:17:52 pm »
So three weeks ago I went in for blood work and today was the results.  We spent what felt like a hour but was more like fifteen minutes going over my blood work and all was great!  My doctor was like you your numbers are good to start HRT treatment today if you like but if you want to think about it I understand.  I thought about it for less than a minute because I have been thinking about it for decades.  For days now I have been trying to see what kind of woman I would become, what I would look like, how to keep hiding from work but I have read many posts and talked to many friends and they are behind me as well I see so much love here and support so I dove in and am now I am so happy with my decision. I am waiting for the shoe to drop one day but that day has not come so both heels are on and i am walking tall and proud.  In 5 weeks I go in for more blood work and in January I get more pellets and get closer to me being a full woman.  All I can say is today was a great day!

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Steph's New Journey
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 10:40:41 pm »
@Steph1967
Dear Steph:

You had a good day for sure !!!
I am so very happy regarding your good report regarding your HRT blood test results and your doctor approval to start your HRT.

Please continue to follow your doctors recommendations and as you feel comfortable doing please update all of us followers as you feel comfortable doing.

Wishing you well,
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 11:17:11 pm »
So three weeks ago I went in for blood work and today was the results.  We spent what felt like a hour but was more like fifteen minutes going over my blood work and all was great!  My doctor was like you your numbers are good to start HRT treatment today if you like but if you want to think about it I understand.  I thought about it for less than a minute because I have been thinking about it for decades.  For days now I have been trying to see what kind of woman I would become, what I would look like, how to keep hiding from work but I have read many posts and talked to many friends and they are behind me as well I see so much love here and support so I dove in and am now I am so happy with my decision. I am waiting for the shoe to drop one day but that day has not come so both heels are on and i am walking tall and proud.  In 5 weeks I go in for more blood work and in January I get more pellets and get closer to me being a full woman.  All I can say is today was a great day!

That sounds like good results!   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Steph1967

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 07:50:04 am »
So today is one full month since I started taking my hormone treatments and all I can say is that I feel great!  The cloudiness in my head is gone, I do not have that fatigued feeling flowing through my body and I seem to have more energy.  I am to go in for more blood work next week to see where my levels are at which I am sure will be awesome!  My chest is getting more sensitive and I feel the buds are getting larger and hope they continue to grow.  I did go with the pellets but think I will switch to shots one day just because I am not sure I want to go through the process every 3 months for the rest of my life plus the cost is high and my insurance now covers the shots so it might be beneficial so I can use the money elsewhere like liposuction and BA.  All in all I am loving becoming the new me!

Online pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 09:46:14 am »
Congratulations Steph on starting HRT on October 7th. I am delighted to see you felt great then and still do so 4 weeks later.

Wishing you happiness and success on your journey.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 08:13:00 pm »
Steph, that’s awesome !

Offline Steph1967

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 07:10:29 am »
Thank you all for your support, your hugs and your knowledge as I and others work their way through this awesome journey it is very appreciated!

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 10:51:46 pm »
@Steph1967
Dear Steph...
Wishing you
....a very :icon_flower: :icon_flower: Happy Birthday :icon_flower: :icon_flower:
I hope that your special day includes time with family and friends...
... with  Candles and CAKE.

***NOTE: On your November 29th birthday be certain to check your profile for a special birthday surprise! :)

HUGS and best wishes on your special day and birthday.
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline Steph1967

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 08:17:16 am »
So I am about to start my 3 month my hormone regiment and right now I feel great.  My chest seems to go from sensitive to not as sensitive and I could be wrong but I think my chest is getting bigger.  I have read on on a few posts that they had morning erections but I have not had that yet but I am guessing it will happen but I have had tingling sensations like it was asleep so I am not sure if that is normal.  I have been playing phone tag with my doctor to go over my last blood results but as soon as I get them I will share.  It does seem like my hair is growing faster so I am hoping that slows down because I am getting tired of shaving so much.  All in all I think all is going well But I do have a question though an the question is will I need to take spironolactone for the rest of my life or is it temporary until my testosterone can't be produced anymore?  I was just wondering and you all take care of yourselves and have a wonderful day!

Offline Steph1967

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 11:11:33 am »
So received my results and thus is where I am at as of a week ago:
My Globulin dropped from 2.1 to 1.8 and not sure if i should worry about that yet I have a email out to my doctor.

Testosterone went from a 96 to 24.6NG/Dl
Estradiol went from a 27pg/ml to96.3
Follicile hormone went 4.2 miu/ml to less than.3miu/ml
Progesterone less than .1 Ng/Ml to a .7

It looks like i am headed in the right direction after two months.

I am so excited!!

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 02:10:12 pm »
@Steph1967
Dear Steph:
I was very happy to read your latest HRT report .... and as you stated,
It does indeed look like you headed in the right direction after two months.

Wishing you continued success. 
Thank you for sharing and posting... and keeping me and the rest of your followers updated.

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Steph1967

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 03:14:13 pm »
So a quick update on my hormone treatment.  So I am starting my 4th month and my testosterone barely dropped it was  24.6 NG/DI and now it is 23.5 NG/DI and I am still waiting on it the Estradiol, Follicle and Progesterone from my blood draw last week and once I have that I will post it but what has change is my PSA dropped to a .058 which is good but what keeps going down is my Globulin. I cut my drinking and have been eating a lot of vegetables and proteins but still keeps dropping and not really sure how to correct this.  My doctor has upped the dosage of the Estradiol a 100mg because she said my levels are not where she wants them to be going off my numbers in November.       

Tags: