General Discussions > Hair Care

I can’t tame my wavy, frizzy hair...

(1/2) > >>

sarahc:
So I have fine, wavy hair, and unfortunately fine, wavy hair has a strong tendency to frizz up as it dries and get poufy. I’ve tried all sorts of moistening, oils and serums. I avoid hair dryers. But so far no discoveries for how to tame my hair besides putting it in an updo or ponytail. Smoothing products generally don’t work for me because they leave my hair very greasy, which is typical for people who have fine, thin hair.

I’d love to hear your method for how you tame you frizzy hair.

Also, I’m envious of all of you who have straight, smooth locks.

Sarah

SarahEL:
Haha - same name - same hair!!  My daughter has beautiful straight hair and I am so jealous of her.. Yet she wants curly hair like mine (more wavy as you say)...
I have tried everything.. Even an hour with straighteners, the best sprays - and within 20 mins it springs back into a frizzy mess. I have just about given up now and just go with it...
If you want it to look natural, then I have never found anything that works..Looks like it is the ponytail for us unless someone else knows better!...

sarahc:

--- Quote from: SarahEL on October 09, 2020, 04:03:54 pm ---Haha - same name - same hair!!  My daughter has beautiful straight hair and I am so jealous of her.. Yet she wants curly hair like mine (more wavy as you say)...
I have tried everything.. Even an hour with straighteners, the best sprays - and within 20 mins it springs back into a frizzy mess. I have just about given up now and just go with it...
If you want it to look natural, then I have never found anything that works..Looks like it is the ponytail for us unless someone else knows better!...

--- End quote ---

:) - yeah, that all sounds like me, too.

I knew this post was likely going to result in nothing but sharing of misery, but I hold out hope that someone has found the magic elixir even though from everything I've read and Youtube'd, there is no such cure.

Sarah

Lyric:
Your type of frizz problem is quite a topic of conversation around the Internet these days. The consensus seems to be to eliminate certain additives to shampoos like sulfates, silicones and alcohols.  Some people are also using this approach to discover how their hair would look with it's natural curl, after years of brushing and such. For me, shampooing less often seems to help. Check around for things like "The Curly Girl Method", for instance (https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/no-poo/the-curly-girl-method-for-coily-hair). This YouTuber seems to have had some luck with it:

Also, I loved this video and the follow ups:

SarahEL:
That's really interesting Lyric, thanks for sharing - I have tried that 'stay in' stuff before, without any success, but not with all the other things too.. I will give it a go.... but, I really would like just straight hair!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version