General Discussions > Nature and Pastimes

Wildlife

(1/1)

ChrissyRyan:
This evening I was looking outside my window and saw two deer.
I closed the blinds and watched them eat some acorns from the Burr oak trees.
One came up to about six feet from the window with one of its big eyes appearing to look right at me it seemed but she kept on eating, likely not noticing me behind the blinds.  So I kept watching for awhile.

That was fascinating! 

Chrissy

Northern Star Girl:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 10, 2020, 10:15:25 pm ---This evening I was looking outside my window and saw two deer.
I closed the blinds and watched them eat some acorns from the Burr oak trees.
One came up to about six feet from the window with one of its big eyes appearing to look right at me it seemed but she kept on eating, likely not noticing me behind the blinds.  So I kept watching for awhile.

That was fascinating!

Chrissy
--- End quote ---
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
Like most people I love observing wildlife, and where I live there is plenty to see and close up in my back yard almost every morning and evening. ... but keeping them out of and destroying my flowers and  raising havoc in my vegetable garden is an ongoing task.

I need to keep my outdoor garbage locked up in a sturdy shed to keep the bears and other animals out of it before I can burn it or take it to the dump.

High fences and an outdoor dog is about the only recourse most people up here utilize.

HUGS,
Danielle

ChrissyRyan:
I saw three raccoons this morning.  It was dark out, it still is.
I also heard at least one owl. I also saw an opossum.

Chrissy

Oldandcreaky:
Owls are special, Chrissy. This past summer, I heard an owl in a tree and some crows were worrying it. I've a talent for imitating animal sounds, so I called like the owl and the crows came flying to me, squawking and looking for the new owl. Then the real owl called again and the crows winged back to it. Then I made my owl call and they returned to me. I loved that moment!

Another time, an owl glided over me. If I hadn't been looking up, I would have missed it as it was that silent in flight.

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: Oldandcreaky on October 11, 2020, 08:36:03 am ---Owls are special, Chrissy. This past summer, I heard an owl in a tree and some crows were worrying it. I've a talent for imitating animal sounds, so I called like the owl and the crows came flying to me, squawking and looking for the new owl. Then the real owl called again and the crows winged back to it. Then I made my owl call and they returned to me. I loved that moment!

Another time, an owl glided over me. If I hadn't been looking up, I would have missed it as it was that silent in flight.

--- End quote ---

That’s a hoot!

Chrissy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version