Community Conversation > Intersex talk

Ring finger length

<< < (3/3)

Adelaide Heart:
"Most of the time" is good enough for me.  Ty for additional forensics as well josie76

jamie-lee:

--- Quote from: Devlyn on October 11, 2020, 12:27:48 pm ---Here's a chart showing the overlap of the digit ratios.

The problem with saying that one specific physical feature determines your gender is that it makes it easier for our detractors to discount us.

--- End quote ---
Oh the difference is so small! I never got to know that before. It makes no sense to use it, indeed.

Haley Conner:
I have a host of feminine skeletal traits, including my ring finger being considerably shorter than my index finger.  There's a long list of such indicators, including being able to cross your legs twice, face shape and more.  I really don't know how much weight they should be given, or the actual ratios.  At the end of the day, it comes down to the brain.

Lady Sarah:
I have seen this topic come up many times, including before the public could have internet. Ironically, I have met many cis women with finger ratios that would be typical of men, and vice versa. My index and ring finger lengths are the same, within 2mms  of difference. What does that mean? Probably nothing at all.

Haley Conner:
In my case, It's because I didn't produce testosterone while in the womb, which was most likely due to my mother suffering the stress of being raped and molested by a priest while she was pregnant with me.  So when I was born, among other things, I had no penis.  Some weeks after I was born, I did start developing one, but it remained on the diminutive side.  This syndrome is most common in war torn areas as I understand it.  I have some other weird skeletal/physiological traits too, but they relate to a different syndrome called Ehlers Danlos syndrome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version