Author Topic: Do you prefer bras with cups or with very little lining?  (Read 1709 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Do you prefer bras with cups or with very little lining?
« on: October 12, 2020, 07:42:21 pm »
Do you prefer bras with cups or with very little lining that cover the breasts (or very thin cups, definitely not molded or padded)?

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Maid Marion

Re: Do you prefer bras with cups or with very little lining?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 08:52:26 pm »
I'm wearing an sheer mesh bra tonight.  What I wear depends on my mood at the time.

Marion

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 06:20:11 am »
I prefer any comfortable support bra. Currently I  have several  Platex 18 hour bras.

I also have a few special occasion bras and I must admit, they are not that comfortable.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline WannaBgirl2

• Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 07:49:53 am »
I don't have much of a cup... So right now I'm digging sports bras....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Offline mm

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 10:33:08 am »
The thin unlined bras can easily show your nipples through them, so depending on what you are wearing for a top your nipple maybe on display for everyone to see.  There maybe times when you may want to show to a little nipple shape but not for everyday wear.

Offline noleen111

• Family
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 07:47:56 am »
For everyday wear, padded t-shirt bras. they are comfortable and give me great support. I perfer the padding, as it makes my breast appear smooth under my clothes and i dont want the shape of my nipples to show, especially when I am at work. I have t-shirt bras with straps or strapless.

For a night out or a special occasion , the the more fancy lacy sexy bras are worn.
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was

Online SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 08:34:28 am »
Yes, t-shirt bra's for me.. They give nice support and look nice under clothes..
When I started out, those thinner, no-wire bra's worked well.. but as I grew, the support actually became useful from having a wire and a cup..
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 09:08:11 pm »
Bras with a molded cup for me.... lots of styles to choose from
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 09:47:04 am »
Bras with a molded cup for me.... lots of styles to choose from

I like the seamless contoured cup style that fits well.   :)

Chrissy

@NorthernStarGirl
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2020, 10:08:02 am »

I like the seamless contoured cup style that fits well.   :)

Chrissy
@NorthernStarGirl

@ChirssyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
Per your previous posts I think that  you have found the bra that you like....  and even ordered a 2nd one....
I am so glad that you are now filling a B cup.... so very affirming that you seeing such rewarding affirmation of your transitional breast growth.

Please keep me updated as your get your 2nd bra.... I hope that you are please with it.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 06:28:06 pm »
@ChirssyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
Per your previous posts I think that  you have found the bra that you like....  and even ordered a 2nd one....
I am so glad that you are now filling a B cup.... so very affirming that you seeing such rewarding affirmation of your transitional breast growth.

Please keep me updated as your get your 2nd bra.... I hope that you are please with it.
HUGS,
Danielle

@NorthernStarGirl

Thank you Danielle.   :)

Chrissy

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2020, 09:06:18 pm »
I have three styles of bras I wear. None of my bras have an underwire.

95% of the time Anita sports bras. It gives good support and it fits great.
2.5% of the time a shear sports bra (not at work unless I wear a sweater),
2.5% of the time a target bra I forget the name but it is a foam cup padded bra.

MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020

Offline valerie anne

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 03:45:51 pm »
I don't understand why some don't like an underwire.

Nearly all my bras are underwired, as I love the definition and shape the wire provides under the bust.

For me, the key feature is the bra band. I find that a deep band with 3 or more hooks provides so much more side support & forward push into the cups.

With these bras, all my wobbly bits end up as booby bits and not fat under the armpit!

Offline noleen111

• Family
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 06:24:53 am »
I don't understand why some don't like an underwire.

Nearly all my bras are underwired, as I love the definition and shape the wire provides under the bust.

For me, the key feature is the bra band. I find that a deep band with 3 or more hooks provides so much more side support & forward push into the cups.

With these bras, all my wobbly bits end up as booby bits and not fat under the armpit!

Agree fully with you, I also love the underwire bra. All my bras are underwire.. besides a few sports bras.
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2020, 05:40:18 pm »
I tried on some bras a few days ago, bought one, and put another on the “to buy list.”
Well, I liked the first bra so much that I decided to order online a duplicate.  When I did that, I went ahead and bought the bra on the “to buy list.”  And that one is an underwire bra that also has seamless contoured cups.  Same brand.  Same B cup.  It gives me a nice look too.
It fits well.   It is comfortable. 

One happy woman here.   :)

Chrissy

Offline mm

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 11:31:29 am »
An underwire bra are great many girls, they give good support all over and hold your boobs just how you want them. The biggest problem is find one that doesn't cut in so it is comfortable all day.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 04:07:28 pm »
I admit I felt overwhelmed this past week when shopping for bras.
There were so many.  Even after you considered that there were many sizes and colors for each particular bra, there were lots.

Some looked nice but did not work for me.  I am going back to look at some more that I have not yet tried on though and see if others will work for me. 

Chrissy

Offline mm

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 01:39:03 pm »
Well, ChrissyRyan, you now realize why the bra department are so large in a well stocked store.  They need to have a selection of size-band and cup-, colors and styles, it take a lot of space to display them. Always best when you can try them on to see how they fit specially when you move around.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2020, 07:30:46 pm »
Thank you for the tips on the T-shirt bras.

Those and the contoured cups seamless bras seem to work out well.
Some bras tend to make my breasts project out a tad more than others
But they all result in me having a nice, smooth shape.

I do not like the mesh bras much at all.

Chrissy

Offline Harley Quinn

• Family
  • I am crazy... Crazy like a fox!
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2020, 10:03:33 am »
My current feelings are soft cup all the way.  Cut and sewn, no-stretch, soft cup brassiers with no underwire, minimal elastic, and a thin band.  I don't care much for lace either.  Lace seems to get caught on everything and a pain to wash.  The girls and I have been very happy since the change from molded cups.  I don't have near the problem with bra straps sliding, boob sweat, or blouse gapping; not to mention the luxury of so much extra room in my lingerie drawer.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)

Tags: