General Discussions > Christianity

Intersex and the Church

(1/1)

Confused1:
I came across a video that I think would benefit anyone here who will watch it. It is about an hour long, but not something you will likely hear in your local church. I think it relates to most transgender as well as Intersex people. I had already thought along these lines before, but there is much in the bible and church history about us I did not realize. There are descriptions of Eunuch that I never knew about.

Here is the link: 

Hugs,
Mike

SarahEL:
Thanks for posting this - I listened to the first speaker, Lianne Simon. There are so many references she makes about growing up mosaic that ring true to my experience.. I am sitting here in stunned silence...wow.  (I am chimeric!).. I've never heard another mixed DNA individual talk before about their growing up. It has quite upset me.

Confused1:
Hi Sarah,

I watched this last night and knew I had to share it. I'm glad it touched you. Although I can't claim to be Intersex, I believe the overlap with transgender people is larger than most realize.

I also believe what is described in the bible as Eunuch from birth could actually be referring to a great many on this website, and Christians need to know that.

Hugs,
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version