Author Topic: Which restaurant serves the best hamburgers?  (Read 162 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Which restaurant serves the best hamburgers?
« on: November 21, 2020, 11:27:59 am »
Where have you had a really good hamburger?  (Either at a mom and pop restaurant or at chain restaurant location.)    Yes, we can make really good ones at our own homes too.

Chrissy
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:41:44 pm by ChrissyRyan »
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Online CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
Re: Which restaurant serves the best hamburgers?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 02:05:14 am »
Where have you had a really good hamburger?  (Either at a mom and pop restaurant or at chain restaurant location.)    Yes, we can make really good ones at our own homes too.

Chrissy
When I was a kid, my parents were members of the Masonic orders- and volunteered at their food booth at the state fair!  My dad made the best hamburgers on that grill at that booth, which I've spent countless hours in home cookouts trying to re-create!  (I don't think they even make those "Golden Egg" buns anymore!)

So in a restaurant it all depends on what I'm looking for-

Gourmet-  Red Robin
Basic- Dick's Drive-In.
Five Guys or In-N-Out? my answer is "Yes! I'm agnostic!"

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

In a sky full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy? - Seal

Offline kaygee

• Mademoiselle💃
  • A very stable genius.🤪
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 09:33:47 am »
In 2017 I discovered a Mom & Pop hole in the wall, and have been getting carry-out food ever since.
Unfortunately, I did not try their hamburgers until recently, and I believe they are the best burgers I've ever had.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/miltons-pizza-quinton

In-N-Out burgers are quite good, but they are a west coast chain.
The furthest east I've found one is in Austin. (I'm in Richmond)
https://www.in-n-out.com/menu

Five Guys is reliably good and ubiquitous if none of the above are available.
Give me ambiguity... or give me something else.

-Patrick… somebody

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 11:40:10 am »
In 2017 I discovered a Mom & Pop hole in the wall, and have been getting carry-out food ever since.
Unfortunately, I did not try their hamburgers until recently, and I believe they are the best burgers I've ever had.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/miltons-pizza-quinton

In-N-Out burgers are quite good, but they are a west coast chain.
The furthest east I've found one is in Austin. (I'm in Richmond)
https://www.in-n-out.com/menu

Five Guys is reliably good and ubiquitous if none of the above are available.

There was a big 14 hour wait drive-up line in Aurora, CO for In-N-Out.  Do a Web search for that and you will find several articles about the long lines for the food at the new location.

Five Guys has juicy hamburgers but I wish they would serve in restaurant on plates, as their food can be rather greasy.  I doubt they use 90% ground beef, likely 70%!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline kaygee

• Mademoiselle💃
  • A very stable genius.🤪
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 11:59:46 am »

Five Guys has juicy hamburgers but I wish they would serve in restaurant on plates, as their food can be rather greasy.  I doubt they use 90% ground beef, likely 70%!

Chrissy

https://www.fiveguys.com/-/media/public-site/files/allergen-ingredients-and-nutrition-info/allergen-guide/nutrition-allergen-march-2018-us.ashx
Hamburger Patty 80/20 USDA Ground Chuck

Now I'm hungry. Will be getting carry-out from Milton's soon. :(
Give me ambiguity... or give me something else.

-Patrick… somebody

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 12:07:24 pm »

https://www.fiveguys.com/-/media/public-site/files/allergen-ingredients-and-nutrition-info/allergen-guide/nutrition-allergen-march-2018-us.ashx
Hamburger Patty 80/20 USDA Ground Chuck

Now I'm hungry. Will be getting carry-out from Milton's soon. :(

Enjoy the Milton’s hamburger!

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 04:22:41 pm »
Of the American chains, I prefer: (1) Shake Shack; (2) In N Out; (3) Fuddrucker's; (4) Culver's.

Some really amazing burgers I've had:

* Marlowe, San Francisco (High-end restaurant)
* Garaje, San Francisco (No-nonsense grubhub). Garaje is probably my favorite casual restaurant in the country - food is delicious, but the lines can be loooooong at peak hours.
* Burger Joint, New York (appears to be permanently closed  :( )
* Burger Brothers, Baltimore, MD (complete hole in the wall dump...but the burger is first-class)

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 04:28:26 pm »

There was a big 14 hour wait drive-up line in Aurora, CO for In-N-Out.  Do a Web search for that and you will find several articles about the long lines for the food at the new location.

Chrissy

I saw that story - totally insane!

Folks: In-N-Out isn't THAT good! The burgers are solid but the fries and shakes are middling at best.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 04:32:42 pm »
Thanks for sharing out!

Chrissy

Tags: