Author Topic: What are you having for dinner? 4.0  (Read 26149 times)

Offline Maid Marion

Re: What are you having for dinner? 4.0
« Reply #1400 on: November 24, 2020, 08:31:34 am »
I went out shopping this morning and bought a lobster tail and cranberry sauce, as well as the celery, and onion, and two potatoes for making soup out of beef rib bones.

Bags of onion and potatoes always spoil before I can use them all so now I just buy what I need.

They had lobster at the first Thanksgiving.  It was plentiful back then.

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #1401 on: November 24, 2020, 09:16:38 am »
For awhile I thought I might be spending a lonely Thanksgiving but I will not be alone.

You all have a nice holiday!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #1402 on: November 24, 2020, 03:23:43 pm »
Sea Scallop Caesar Salad. Sea scallops definitely have one of the highest flavor-to-cook time ratios.

Sarah

----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #1403 on: November 24, 2020, 04:34:06 pm »
I went out shopping this morning and bought a lobster tail and cranberry sauce, as well as the celery, and onion, and two potatoes for making soup out of beef rib bones.

Bags of onion and potatoes always spoil before I can use them all so now I just buy what I need.

They had lobster at the first Thanksgiving.  It was plentiful back then.

Marion

I heard you can bury old onions and potatoes and new ones will grow.
I have not tested that out.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #1404 on: November 24, 2020, 04:35:20 pm »
Finished off the pork vindaloo ,mushroom bajhii , some dry mix veg curry and rice.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #1405 on: November 25, 2020, 04:25:31 pm »
Yesterday I fasted.
Except for some pumpkin pie!

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
What are you having for dinner? 4.0
« Reply #1406 on: November 25, 2020, 04:26:20 pm »
Today, ribeye steak and potatoes.  Very good.

Chrissy

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #1407 on: November 25, 2020, 06:53:49 pm »
Veggie tacos. Old standby.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #1408 on: November 25, 2020, 07:09:57 pm »
Veggie tacos. Old standby.

Sarah

Sound good!

Chrissy

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #1409 on: November 25, 2020, 07:28:17 pm »
I found the Kamoboku or steamed fish cake for $3.  I also stocked up snack food.  Shrimp chips,  wasabi arare, mango mochi, chestnuts, and chestnut Dorayaki.  Not planning to go out much in the next few weeks.

Cooked marinated and Panko breaded chicken breast in the new air fryer.  A little over cooked but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #1410 on: November 25, 2020, 07:40:13 pm »
I found the Kamoboku or steamed fish cake for $3.  I also stocked up snack food.  Shrimp chips,  wasabi arare, mango mochi, chestnuts, and chestnut Dorayaki.  Not planning to go out much in the next few weeks.

Cooked marinated and Panko breaded chicken breast in the new air fryer.  A little over cooked but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Marion

I like the panko breading.  I think that is the kind often, but not always, used for shrimp tempura.

Chrissy

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #1411 on: November 25, 2020, 07:55:52 pm »

Panko is baked using electrical current!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #1412 on: November 25, 2020, 08:11:24 pm »

Panko is baked using electrical current!

Interesting video, that is.

I will need to try to have some Katsu.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
What are you having for dinner? 4.0
« Reply #1413 on: November 26, 2020, 03:42:16 pm »
A delicious traditional Thanksgiving meal prepared, served, and shared with love and gratefulness.  Thank you Lord for everything.

:)  :)  :)

Chrissy

@King Malachite

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #1414 on: November 26, 2020, 07:46:26 pm »
Turkey, stuffing, etc.

Maryland Thanksgiving specialties: Raw oysters for an appetizer, sauerkraut as side dish.

Bonus points to Mom for her excellent homemade cranberry sauce with mandarin oranges and orange rinds - an exciting and yummy culinary choice.

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Offline davina61

« Reply #1415 on: November 27, 2020, 11:42:12 am »
From my Indian cookbook, dry spiced chops . Lamb chops marinade with chilli powder, garlic powder ,black pepper and salt mixed in yogurt for 2 hrs then either grilled or like me cooked slow in a pan with onion for 45mins 

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #1416 on: November 27, 2020, 11:49:22 am »
Davina:

Can you come cook for me every evening? Everything you make sounds delicious.  ;D

Sarah

From my Indian cookbook, dry spiced chops . Lamb chops marinade with chilli powder, garlic powder ,black pepper and salt mixed in yogurt for 2 hrs then either grilled or like me cooked slow in a pan with onion for 45mins
----
48 years young.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #1417 on: November 27, 2020, 02:05:09 pm »
An exceptionally good 'hospital food' dinner of fish and chips, and a vanilla panna cotta.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline davina61

« Reply #1418 on: November 27, 2020, 02:31:06 pm »
Sarah I would love to but--------

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #1419 on: November 27, 2020, 02:50:47 pm »
An exceptionally good 'hospital food' dinner of fish and chips, and a vanilla panna cotta.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Impressive.   :)

Chrissy

Tags: