Author Topic: Anybody else with TBI (traumatic brain injury)?  (Read 87 times)

Offline Make97

• Visitor
Anybody else with TBI (traumatic brain injury)?
« on: October 18, 2020, 07:17:48 am »
I myself got severe brain injury from car crash five years ago, was wondering if there's somebody else with it.  How does it affect your daily life? Has it made transitioning harder, maybe doctors have hard time understanding and believing you?
For me it has made it harder, doctors and others of that matter often blame my dysphoria on damaged brain state. It also makes thinking slow for me, and I have permanent double vision from it. Sorry if this has been posted before.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Anybody else with TBI (traumatic brain injury)?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:11:16 pm »
Traumatic Brain Injury is a recently recognized medical condition because we have so many veterans returning from combat in the Mideast. Previous wars also had many veterans with TBI but this was not recognized as it is today.

The main symptom with TBI is irritability, anger management, trouble remembering and thinking clearly. Gender issues are not common with TBI. However, if you had gender issues before the traumatic event, you will most likely still have them afterwards, but now you will have difficulty dealing with those feelings.

In order to accurately diagnosis your specific condition, you need to see a Neurologist. If your condition is permanent, a clinical Psychologist may be able to help you cope with the disabling conditions.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Tags: