Author Topic: Scrunchies?  (Read 5474 times)

asiangurliee

Re: Scrunchies?
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 02:37:17 am »
ewww.... i wouldn't be caught dead with a scrunchie, but than again I am a New York kind of girl (lol) a reference to the Sex and the City episode about New Yorker women not wearing scrunchies.

Caitlin Rose

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 07:53:02 am »
I love scrunchies.  The name just sounds cozy.  I think of them as a way to show my androgeny. So, I wear one everyday.   I have about 2 dozen of them and I can match almost every top in my closet.

The best part about wearing a scrunchy is that it takes my 'do one step further from being a "male tail."

I know about scrunchies being "out" right now.  If I had more hair I would definitely tie it with a tiny elastic, and cover that with a wrapping of my own hair.   Now, that is a fem way to wear a ponytail!

stephanology

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 01:04:12 am »
You have to wear what looks good on you, I have a ton of scrunchies, but I rarely wear them out.  I wear my hair in a ponytail in boy-mode, but in girl-mode, I let it roll!  I'm curly too, and I get lots of compliments when I get my hair looking OK without any accessories.

IMHO, tying up your hair in a low-set tail with a scunci is still hot for curl-grls!  High-set ponytails are passe, or for sleeping, though.

Just my 2 cents!

S

Fae

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 01:29:50 pm »
You have to wear what looks good on you, I have a ton of scrunchies, but I rarely wear them out.  I wear my hair in a ponytail in boy-mode, but in girl-mode, I let it roll!  I'm curly too, and I get lots of compliments when I get my hair looking OK without any accessories.

IMHO, tying up your hair in a low-set tail with a scunci is still hot for curl-grls!  High-set ponytails are passe, or for sleeping, though.

Just my 2 cents!

S

I'm naturally curly too, and yeah I look really hot with the back in a low-set tail with my sides hanging out :)

~Fae

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2020, 10:53:21 pm »
Oh my, what an old thread to dig up but I couldn't find the topic anywhere.  I don't think they're ever gonna go out of style completely.  Anyway who cares, they look fab and I've just started a nice collection (now my hair is finally starting get some length) along with headbands, bow clips, snap clips and ties!  I love hair accessories!!  :) :) :) :)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2020, 05:12:48 am »
Wear what you think works for you.  I bought some but I do use a little bow or clip / barrette more often.  Plus, some days I play with my hair too.  :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2020, 05:13:49 am »
Oh my, what an old thread to dig up but I couldn't find the topic anywhere.  I don't think they're ever gonna go out of style completely.  Anyway who cares, they look fab and I've just started a nice collection (now my hair is finally starting get some length) along with headbands, bow clips, snap clips and ties!  I love hair accessories!!  :) :) :) :)

Oh yes.  :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2020, 04:50:07 pm »
Wear what you think works for you.  I bought some but I do use a little bow or clip / barrette more often.  Plus, some days I play with my hair too.  :)

Chrissy

Chrissy, didn't you have a thread on this?  I tried to find it but gave up.  I will let you know what works best, at the moment just rocking the scrunchies and getting my little ponytail happening.  I will surprise my hairstylist with it on next visit!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2020, 05:05:49 pm »
Chrissy, didn't you have a thread on this?  I tried to find it but gave up.  I will let you know what works best, at the moment just rocking the scrunchies and getting my little ponytail happening.  I will surprise my hairstylist with it on next visit!

Maybe one of these? 

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242102.0.html

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244045.0.html

Chrissy

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2020, 05:21:45 pm »
Thanks! :)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2020, 05:29:38 pm »

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2020, 05:44:42 pm »
I wear plastic coil scrunchies all the time. Unlike the traditional elastics, the plastic coil scrunchies don't stick to your hair that much.  It is much easier to take the coil scrunchies out without pulling on and harming your hair. However, the coil scrunchies aren't quite as good at keeping your hair in place, but that's ok with me. Never going back to the traditional scrunchies.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Online barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2020, 04:17:10 am »
I like to decorate my hair with various hair accessories. I am not quite sure whether the long ribbons can be called scrunchies in English.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2020, 08:04:21 pm »
I have an abundance of scrunchies now, I've reached my limit!

- Jenny

Offline big kim

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2020, 01:33:56 am »
Have always had at least one scrunchie since the 90s. I have mid back length hair which I often wear in a pony tail . It's usually pretty windy on the Lancashire coast so they're really useful

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2020, 02:43:55 pm »
Have always had at least one scrunchie since the 90s. I have mid back length hair which I often wear in a pony tail . It's usually pretty windy on the Lancashire coast so they're really useful

I wish my ponytail was that long currently.  It gets very windy here as well near a mountain range, lots of bad hair days unfortunately.

- Jenny

Tags: