Author Topic: Going full-time in new year, cannot find shoes/boots for love nor money :<  (Read 298 times)

Offline distorted

• Visitor
Hi Everyone,

First off a little bit of an update I've had my first assessment with the NHS, it took a little over 3 years on the waiting list and I am currently awaiting the date of my next appointment.

I've decided to go full time in the new year as I have come out to my family and my colleagues at work, all have been really understanding for the most part which has been a great help.

The only thing I am really struggling with is finding suitable footwear for work, I was looking for some boots with no heel or low heel (<2 inches) I have been searching for weeks and have found several sites but none of them are what I would call sensible for work.

I was wondering if any kind souls out there could suggest any websites that do ladies footwear in a UK 11 / EUR 45 please that I may of missed on my searches.

The best two I have found are longtallsally & cinderella shoes however they are currently out of stock of all the ones I like in my size.

Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong section or if there is a sticky somewhere with this information in.

Thanks in advance!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Going full-time in new year, cannot find shoes/boots for love nor money :<
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 02:21:10 pm »
Perhaps you can try

https://www.longtallsally.com/

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline distorted

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 02:46:55 pm »
Thanks for that Chrissy, I have already tried LTS but they are out of stock of the boots I like in my size at the moment.

Do you know of any others apart from LTS or cinderella shoes?

TY! xXx

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 02:53:52 pm »
Nordstrom might have extended sizes. Look on Amazon as well.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 02:57:28 pm »
I feel for you Distorted! I wear the same size footwear as you (11UK = 13US). I have a few pairs of boots from LongTallSally, but the last pair from them was of very low quality and they refused to do anything about it. Their stuff may be better now, someone bought them out of bankruptcy about a year ago. I live in the US and don't know of any stores in the UK. However, Nordstrom typically has shoes in my size. Size 12 sandals make by 'Clarks' often fit me. 'Blondo' also make boots up to size 15. Their sizing tends to run small, but their size 15 fit me perfectly. Good luck!

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline distorted

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 03:15:10 pm »
Thanks a lot Gertrude I will have a look at Nordstrom now, I have tried looking on amazon but they are all more unisex styles or wellingtons  :'( Maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing.

Thanks for the tip on Nordstrom though, its much appreciated thank you <3

Thanks Jessica, I will definitely check Blondo out :) I know its a right pain I'm just trawling through pages of wellingtons and hiking boots lol ><' I'm sure I'll find something eventually.

Thanks for your help <3

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 03:42:10 pm »
Thanks for that Chrissy, I have already tried LTS but they are out of stock of the boots I like in my size at the moment.

Do you know of any others apart from LTS or cinderella shoes?

TY! xXx
@distorted

You can try:

Www.Zappos.com

Www.loniashoes.com

Www.dresslily.com. And then search for shoes

https://www.tall-women-resource.com/

Www.kohls.com

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: