Author Topic: What have you found to be the better ways of organizing your wardrobe?  (Read 418 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
What have you found to be the better ways of organizing your wardrobe?

Obviously some items should be stored hanging, except in suitcases for traveling.
What I am getting at is the organization for everything. 

As an example, it make sense to gather dresses together, blouses, shoes, etc.
I put all of my coats and jackets in my hallway closet.

But do you organize by color, professional vs. informal vs. casual, by season of wearing, or so on?

Do you hang up jeans and sweaters or fold them for dressers?

I am sure there is a myriad of ways to organize.  But what have you found to work for you?
Wherever there is space at times?   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
Re: What have you found to be the better ways of organizing your wardrobe?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 09:51:01 am »
I organize by season. Now, I store all spring/summer clothes in boxes or closets. The number of my clothes has steadily increased, and paper boxes turned out to be a nice solution. There are some storerooms at my house.  Miniskirts alone, I have several dozens.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:54:35 am »
I organize by season. Now, I store all spring/summer clothes in boxes or closets. The number of my clothes has steadily increased, and paper boxes turned out to be a nice solution. There are some storerooms at my house.  Miniskirts alone, I have several dozens.

barbie~~

Barbie,

The vastness of your wardrobe is amazing.  You also put it to good use based on all of your pictures you share.

Thanks for your notion of organizing by season.  My wardrobe is growing, except for several tops and bras I took to the thrift shop yesterday, so I am hoping I get a lot of organizing ideas here.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 11:04:28 am »
I keep all my slacks, dressy shorts, dresses and skirts separated by color.  My tops are divided into long sleeve and short sleeve then separated by color.  That way I can easily choose my outfit for the day.  Jeans and outside work in the yard clothes are folded on shelves.  I have two large closets so it works well for me.
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 05:44:43 pm »
I keep all my slacks, dressy shorts, dresses and skirts separated by color.  My tops are divided into long sleeve and short sleeve then separated by color.  That way I can easily choose my outfit for the day.  Jeans and outside work in the yard clothes are folded on shelves.  I have two large closets so it works well for me.

Thank you Judi.  I was looking for a specific sweatshirt today so I need to get better organized as I did not find it.   It is around somewhere, might be stored with some winter clothes.

Chrissy

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 08:30:23 pm »

Obviously some items should be stored hanging, except in suitcases for traveling.
What I am getting at is the organization for everything. 

As an example, it make sense to gather dresses together, blouses, shoes, etc.
I put all of my coats and jackets in my hallway closet.

But do you organize by color, professional vs. informal vs. casual, by season of wearing, or so on?

Do you hang up jeans and sweaters or fold them for dressers?

I am sure there is a myriad of ways to organize.  But what have you found to work for you?
Wherever there is space at times?   :)

Chrissy

Hi Chrissy

That is another great question!

My wardrobe obviously is used primarily to hang dresses, blouses and pants but it also hangs a few tops and jackets, they are organised for formal / casual.  The wardrobe top shelf has many more causal tops (I simply ran out of space), Ts, shorts, skirts and jeans.

My jumpers (sweaters) are all in my dressers.  This works best for me.  I try to be as organised as possible, it helps.

- Jenny

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 08:55:32 pm »
Jenny,

Thank you for sharing out.

Chrissy

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Friend
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 06:37:04 am »
Oh clothes organization, such an important topic.  Yes I am being serious.  I take clothes organizing very seriously.  At one point I did not have nearly enough space to organize all of my clothes, and my wife's.  Especially like ten to fifteen years ago when I had two full wardrobes, both male and female.  The first thing I did was to build dressers for both of us.  Yeah I like woodworking also. 

Anywho, in the dressers go - casual clothing, tanks tops, short sleeve and long sleeve undershirts, shorts, sweat pants, bras & underwear, socks, sweaters and yard work clothes.  Each of those has it's own drawer.  Socks are arranged by color and size, sweaters tend to be separated by full or cardigan.

In the closet goes mostly my work clothes.  Which would be nice blouses, dresses, skirts, pants, but I also hang my jeans which I only occasionally wear to work.  Oh and I also hang bulky sweatshirts.  Everything is separated by type, as in all the dresses are together, etc.  Within each of those groups I separate by sleeve length.  Which means essentially things end up organized by season as the longer the sleeve the warmer the item normally. 

Oh and everything fits so much better now without all of those old ugly clothes I bought on the other side of the store.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 05:59:53 pm »
Thanks Nadine.

Chrissy

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 07:41:53 pm »
I bought a rolling shoe rack that holds about forty pairs of shoes.  It is arranged by type and color.

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2020, 05:05:34 am »
I bought a rolling shoe rack that holds about forty pairs of shoes.  It is arranged by type and color.

Marion

That sounds helpful.

Chrissy

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2020, 01:36:37 am »

Marion

That sounds great, probably could do with that myself.  Have you got a pic of the one you bought?  All my shoes are currently in my wardrobe on the floor, they're ok but really should have a rack of some kind I guess.

- Jenny

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2020, 05:32:13 am »
I bought mine from Target.  It may not be a good choice if you have large feet, the shelves may be too close together, but I have size 7 feet.

https://www.target.com/p/rolling-shoe-tower-50-pair-with-expoxy-frame-room-essentials-8482/-/A-53164654#lnk=sametab

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2020, 05:40:05 am »
Imelda Marcos apparently had more than 3,000 pairs of shoes, and she had a large budget for them.  The Internet has many pictures and articles about her shoes and how they were stored and how they are currently stored. 

Chrissy

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2020, 09:13:00 pm »
I bought mine from Target.  It may not be a good choice if you have large feet, the shelves may be too close together, but I have size 7 feet.

https://www.target.com/p/rolling-shoe-tower-50-pair-with-expoxy-frame-room-essentials-8482/-/A-53164654#lnk=sametab

Marion

That would be a good idea for the amount of shoes I now own but I have no space unfortunately.

- Jenny

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2020, 09:16:25 pm »
Imelda Marcos apparently had more than 3,000 pairs of shoes, and she had a large budget for them.  The Internet has many pictures and articles about her shoes and how they were stored and how they are currently stored. 

Chrissy

More than 3000?  Do you think she has a problem? :)

Tags: