Author Topic: Tips and Tricks for the single MTF  (Read 293 times)

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
Tips and Tricks for the single MTF
« on: October 29, 2020, 01:25:58 pm »
Hey gals-  I didn't see a recent thread for this, so I thought I'd start one up!

As I've continued my journey- I've found things that seem insurmountable that I've had to workaround that would be almost trivial if you have a partner to help with.  This thread is to share tips and tricks between single MTFs (and MTFs in relationships where their partner just can't help).  Any tip, no matter how larger or small- or even if it something that you've moved on from- may help someone struggling!!

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

In a sky full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy? - Seal

Offline CaelaNotKayla

Re: Tips and Tricks for the single MTF
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 01:27:34 pm »
So I'll kick it off with dress zipper pulls!  I always had to zip up my wife's dresses for her- but it's not something that I have the arm reach for on my own dresses.  Online I read about making a zipper pull with a safety pin and a length of ribbon- which didn't work for me as the safety pin always seemed to get sprung open while pulling. So my answer was to use a snap swivel from my fishing kit- I figured if it could keep a trout on without springing open it should be fine for a zipper!  It's quick, easy and works every time!

Hugs!

Caela

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 01:44:21 pm »
@CaelaNotKayla
Dear Caela:
What a wonderful idea start a thread for Tips and Tricks for the single MTF
I will be eagerly looking for yours and other members reply comments and I just may post a few of my own
Tips and Tricks.

Thank you for starting this thread and topic.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 03:41:44 pm »
So I'll kick it off with dress zipper pulls!  I always had to zip up my wife's dresses for her- but it's not something that I have the arm reach for on my own dresses.  Online I read about making a zipper pull with a safety pin and a length of ribbon- which didn't work for me as the safety pin always seemed to get sprung open while pulling. So my answer was to use a snap swivel from my fishing kit- I figured if it could keep a trout on without springing open it should be fine for a zipper!  It's quick, easy and works every time!

Hugs!

Caela

Caela,

Interesting device, that is!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 04:36:40 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
@Northern Star Girl

Thanks Chrissy and Danielle!

Another one for the thread-  When I was just starting I didn't have anyone else to paint my nails- even the nail shops were shut down due to COVID... So I taught myself!  At first I had no control over the brush- and I got nail polish everywhere on my cuticles.  Online I read about using petroleum jelly to mask your nail, and while that worked I would get petroleum jelly everywhere else on my fingers- and sooner or later on top of the nail too.  A petrolatum-based chapstick worked just as well, and was much easier to apply.  I used one by "Burt's Bees" that had a nice pomegranate scent.  Just use the chapstick on your cuticles, making sure not to get any on your nail.  Paint your nails and let dry. Once they're dry, wipe the chapstick off, and any overpaint will come with it!

Hugs!

Caela

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 08:00:15 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
@Northern Star Girl

Thanks Chrissy and Danielle!

Another one for the thread-  When I was just starting I didn't have anyone else to paint my nails- even the nail shops were shut down due to COVID... So I taught myself!  At first I had no control over the brush- and I got nail polish everywhere on my cuticles.  Online I read about using petroleum jelly to mask your nail, and while that worked I would get petroleum jelly everywhere else on my fingers- and sooner or later on top of the nail too.  A petrolatum-based chapstick worked just as well, and was much easier to apply.  I used one by "Burt's Bees" that had a nice pomegranate scent.  Just use the chapstick on your cuticles, making sure not to get any on your nail.  Paint your nails and let dry. Once they're dry, wipe the chapstick off, and any overpaint will come with it!

Hugs!

Caela

That is a good tip.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: