Community Conversation > Male to female transsexual talk (MTF)

MTF body changes that made it harder for you to go out in public as male

(1/12) > >>

ChrissyRyan:
About when during your mtf transition, did your body change to an extent that made it noticeably harder (but not impossible) for you to go out in public presenting as male?

Was this when your breasts or curves developed to the extent that it was hard to hide them?
Or when your natural hair was really too feminine to be worn that way as a guy?

Or when your face, walk, and so on became so naturally feminine that it just became so hard to be thought of as male in public, that is, when you passed so well that you looked feminine even when out dressed as a guy... that most, if not about all, people simply thought of you as a woman?  Sometimes that is called “male fail.”

Chrissy

Pammie:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 24, 2020, 11:36:46 am ---About when during your mtf transition, did your body change to an extent that made it noticeably harder (but not impossible) for you to go out in public presenting as male?

Was this when your breasts or curves developed to the extent that it was hard to hide them?
Or when your natural hair was really too feminine to be worn that way as a guy?

Or when your face, walk, and so on became so naturally feminine that it just became so hard to be thought of as male in public, that is, when you passed so well that you looked feminine even when out dressed as a guy... that most, if not about all, people simply thought of you as a woman?  Sometimes that is called “male fail.”

Chrissy

--- End quote ---
I didn’t start HRT until the day I went full time but even so I was already walking and talking differently and had no body hair so I was different but never enough to Male fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megan.:
I was full-time BEFORE starting HRT, so this wasn't an issue for me.

I was glad I was was mentally ready to go full-time without being pressured by physical changes.

This also let me understand the mental health benefits of my social transition which were easily as good as the positive effects when I finally started HRT a few months later. X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

AllieSF:
When I was on my way with my transition but still not out to anyone, it was my hair.  However, it was never harder for me.  It actually was never hard in any sense until the repercussions after I came out.  With my longer hair, I sometimes got gendered as a female in male mode (yippee!!), once had a male come in the Men's restroom when I was washing my hands, see me and then turn around immediately to go out, and then came right back in after checking the sign on the door.  That was definitely another "Yippee!!".

Allie

Jessica_K:
Being old, I do not have the luxury of a head or hair, but my breasts are quite noticeable as well as my painted nails and jewellery. I still present Male at times, more than I like, to placate my partner but she must notice how much harder it is now. As for a Male fail I was buying some logs a week or so ago, Male, with my pink purse in hand and a one colleague said to another that “she is waiting to be served” (the good part) followed by “he you mean, sorry sir”. I still take it as a win

I have also had a few non gendered comments where sir or madam were used for others, maybe they did not want to get it wrong?

Jessica xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version