Author Topic: MTF body changes that made it harder for you to go out in public as male  (Read 1929 times)

Offline natasha

Re: MTF body changes that made it harder for you to go out in public as male
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2020, 08:49:08 pm »
In public I dont dress female, though I do wear womens jeans and sometimes shorts. I wear a sport bra daily now as a result of the hmones.

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2020, 09:28:16 pm »
I've had hair down to my shoulder blades for decades, but it wasn't until my breasts started showing that I male failed regularly. It actually determined my going full time as it simply got to the point that it was easier to present as female. It didn't help that at work, all my colleagues used my female name when I was trying to present as male to the general public we teach.

Hugs,

Allie

pic, me in full male mode a year ago!

Offline Pammie

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2020, 02:44:09 am »
In public I dont dress female, though I do wear womens jeans and sometimes shorts. I wear a sport bra daily now as a result of the hmones.
Im just interested to know if you would like to present female, is it not possible or just not what you want to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Barri

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2020, 06:03:01 am »
Has not happened yet...20 years on HRT and I still just look like a giant dude...with small breasts like a lot of older men have.
Born 1963
Knew I should be female 1972
Grew 18" in single year 1978
Resigned to self that I never will pass regardless, and will always and forever just be seen as a giant dude, but will pursue femme self ID anyway.
started HRT 2002 DIY
Prescribed legitimately 2012
Just going to be me.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Family
  • I am crazy... Crazy like a fox!
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2020, 10:42:18 am »
I'd have to say it came as an accumulation of factors coming together.  Breast development, hair, Hormones and walk.  They all pretty much piled on until I tipped the scale.  I felt I could still pass male, until the day I came out of GRS.  After that, I got ma'am everywhere I went.  Facial changes were gradual, but I still got Sir'd all the time.  Even up to a 36B, I got Sir'd... with a few instances of Ma'am.  About the time my hair reached my shoulders, with the bewbs, and the hormonal changes from the previous 3+ years... it was still basically Sir 24/7 if I went out in Drab.  Came back from GRS and it flipped.  98% of the time, it was Ma'am.  There's definitely a difference in the walk, idle posture, and the way clothes hang once you've had GRS.  You'd have to go out of your way to get the man strut right after gender reassignment.  I tried... it definitely doesn't come natural after surgery.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2020, 05:23:50 pm »
I'd have to say it came as an accumulation of factors coming together.  Breast development, hair, Hormones and walk.  They all pretty much piled on until I tipped the scale.  I felt I could still pass male, until the day I came out of GRS.  After that, I got ma'am everywhere I went.  Facial changes were gradual, but I still got Sir'd all the time.  Even up to a 36B, I got Sir'd... with a few instances of Ma'am.  About the time my hair reached my shoulders, with the bewbs, and the hormonal changes from the previous 3+ years... it was still basically Sir 24/7 if I went out in Drab.  Came back from GRS and it flipped.  98% of the time, it was Ma'am.  There's definitely a difference in the walk, idle posture, and the way clothes hang once you've had GRS.  You'd have to go out of your way to get the man strut right after gender reassignment.  I tried... it definitely doesn't come natural after surgery.

That is interesting.  Thank you for sharing.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2020, 06:28:27 pm »
I was on HRT for 3 years then I had FFS, GCS and hair transplants relatively soon in time.

I was supposed to have a BA with the GCS but there was complications and I had it later. BA really is a point of no return if large enough. FFS was really a turning point too. GCS no one will see, in public.

Pre FFS, GCS and BA and with just HRT,  My hair was pretty long (it is much longer now than in my avatar). When I placed my hair from behind my ears to the sides I was challenged in a meeting. In private I came out to the person and he said he thought something was up. From that point on my hair was never worn behind my ears.

I went FT for GCS. After going FT it was obvious, then the BA, and hair transplants. At some point I was getting comfortable not caring what other thought. I lost weight and am thin with obvious boobs.  No male mode able to be pulled off. I a all girl now :)
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020

Offline natasha

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2020, 10:22:37 pm »
Im just interested to know if you would like to present female, is it not possible or just not what you want to do?

Pammie........Its more that I am chickensh^t more than anything else. Im working on it though.

Offline AngelaJade

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2020, 11:23:52 pm »
When I commenced HRT, I went for the ‘low-dose’ approach, seeking mental change without too much physical changes.  Well.. that didn’t quite go to plan.. My body seems to have tons of estrogen receptors and I had noticeable physical changes within a few months on quite a low dose (it was less than what my Dr called ‘transitioning dose’).

It became more and more difficult to wear a suit jacket to work and not be noticed. I’d get a few strange looks from people I occasionally dealt with at work.

When i made the decision to go public I increased the dose with my Dr, and it got more and more noticeable quite quickly. When I came out to my close friends, many of them stated that they knew something was going on as I was becoming curvier, my chest and hips were getting bigger yet my waist and arms were shrinking.. some noticed the changes in my face.

I always walked like a girl, memories from my time in the Army still remain “you walk and run like a girl soldier”. I think that has to do with my more female than male hips..

There’s a lot of variables in this. I think if I had stayed at my work longer and closer to my public transition, then my team would have started asking. Teenage daughters of some of my friends were the closest to picking it up, one of them actually had predicted it weeks before I came out.

It’s a bit of a sum of all parts, and how that is perceived in the first 5 seconds someone looks at you. Note that some cultures perceive a bit different too.

Angie

Nov 2017 - Diagnosed with GD
Jan 2018 - Commenced HRT (e-patches & CPA)
Dec 2018 - Legally changed name & Gender
Mar 2019 - Openly living as a woman.
Nov 2020 - GCS (PPV with Dr Kieran Hart, Canberra)

Offline Pammie

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2020, 08:06:45 am »
Pammie........Its more that I am chickensh^t more than anything else. Im working on it though.
Lol. That’s absolutely reasonable hun - you have to do things in your own time! Xx

Offline putaringonit

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2020, 11:43:28 am »
Interesting question! And it is also very interesting to see everybody's replies!
My experience was kind of weird I guess... I started social transitioning way before starting HRT. I began little by little buying girl's clothes on my early 20's, but was not living as a female yet. I spent a good three to four years living still as a male,  but dressing very feminine. I am not tall by nay means, and started growing out my hair like a year before starting HRT, so when the changes started to kick in, I'd already look very feminine. People on the streets at first glance would think I was a woman but once they took a better/closer look they'd correct themselves and apologize profusely for having confused me for a woman (LOL).
Now, in my family, very little family members knew about me being transgender, so definitely the breast growth would draw some attention, so I had to use a very tight sports bra underneath a regular shirt so as to flatten down my -already flat lol- breasts.

Tags: