Author Topic: hi, from Bangladesh!  (Read 310 times)

Offline diy life

• Visitor
hi, from Bangladesh!
« on: October 25, 2020, 05:12:42 am »
hi!

I'm still not sure who I truly am, as I have had conflicting thoughts about my gender and sexual identity for as long as I remember, and I feel like my ability to suppress these thoughts is growing weaker the older I get!

I talked about these thoughts in a thread I opened on the "Transitioning" section, I hope you can read it and provide any sort of help or insight (if you'd be so kind to).

and of course, I'd love to get to know you all more, and hopefully make some friends in this journey I probably should already be embarking on.

(I'm 29, and from Bangladesh)

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: hi, from Bangladesh!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 09:18:50 am »
@diy life
Dear diy life:
Thank you for following the Link I gave to after your fist post yesterday to come here to the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself.

Now that more members will know of your arrival to the FORUMS you will be able to exchange more of your thoughts and questions with other like-minded members here.

Please be certain read over the important information and Forums Rules in the LINKS that our
lovely member @Rakel  included at the end of her Welcome Message to you on
after your very first posting yesterday on October 24, 2020. 
Look extra close at the Links in RED .... answers there to questions that most new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan’s Place

Best wishes to you,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 02:19:15 pm »
@diy life

Hello and welcome to the community!

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 07:09:01 pm »
(I'm 29, and from Bangladesh)

In your other posting you mentioned that you live in a repressive country.

Is your repression from the government of Bangladesh or more from personal contacts, such as work environment or more from family?

Are you able to travel to India  or Thailand?  I would think that those countries are more friendly than Bangladesh, but I could be wrong about  this.

Please let us know how you are living in this situation.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline diy life

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 01:40:32 am »
In your other posting you mentioned that you live in a repressive country.

Is your repression from the government of Bangladesh or more from personal contacts, such as work environment or more from family?

Are you able to travel to India  or Thailand?  I would think that those countries are more friendly than Bangladesh, but I could be wrong about  this.

Please let us know how you are living in this situation.

the repression is from the government, and from the heavily conservative muslim society in general...and it is very unique in nature.

"hijra" is the official blanket term that is used to cover the entire trans spectrum (except FtM trans, as this is not even recognised as a legitimate identity of any sort in my country); and some degree of "rights" are granted to anyone who has "hijra" as their gender on their national ID.
however, this gender classification is treated less as a "gender classification", and more as as "disability".

not to mention that, to actually get your national ID to state your gender as "hijra", you cannot have a penis or scrotum (so you have to be post-op, or intersex to some degree) - so pre-op transfolk and crossdressers are automatically disqualified.

and if your ID doesn't state that you are a "hijra", then you are considered a fraud and you no longer have any sort of police protection in the case of any kind of public harassment/lynching (which is actually an EXTREMELY common occurrence here).

not to mention that it is monumentally more difficult to find jobs, housing, education as a transperson...regardless of whether your national ID has "hijra" as your gender.
this is due to the heavily conservative muslim society in our country.

<Link not allowed>

India and Thailand are indeed significantly better in terms of trans rights (AFAIK you can the state to fully fund your entire transition in certain Indian states); however, migrating to anywhere with a Bangladeshi passport is a difficult issue.
still, I'm looking into finding a way to move to India.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 01:55:29 am by Northern Star Girl »

Tags: