Author Topic: Finally had a picture taken of me that I really liked!  (Read 634 times)

Online sarahc

• Sarah
Finally had a picture taken of me that I really liked!
« on: October 27, 2020, 08:47:58 pm »
So this past weekend, I went out on a brief hike to a local state park with a friend of mine, and we had a great time. And on that trip, we took a couple of selfies, and for the first time, I was really happy with how I looked. I'm 3 months post-op from FFS, and my new appearance is really starting to settle in, and I really like it. So I made this picture my very first public avatar on Facebook as Sarah - big step in coming out as new me.

I have a personal policy of not posting pictures of me here in a public forum, so I don't feel comfortable sharing publicly...but I'm really happy with how things are turning out.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Finally had a picture taken of me that I really liked!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 09:24:50 pm »
@sarahc
Dear Sarah:
I am so very happy that you are happy.
I can j "hear" your joy in what you wrote.

Thank  you for posting and sharing...

HUGS, and blessings to you.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Online sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 09:53:01 pm »
@Northern Star Girl

Definitely true - there was a lot of joy in seeing a photo where I thought, "Yes - this is me!" And part of the excitement was that I wasn't even really trying...no make-up, hair was a mess. Didn't matter...I still looked good, and my appearance reflected how I wanted my "au naturel" look to be.

Sarah

@sarahc
Dear Sarah:
I am so very happy that you are happy.
I can j "hear" your joy in what you wrote.

Thank  you for posting and sharing...

HUGS, and blessings to you.
Danielle

----
48 years young.
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 10:49:43 am »
Sarahc:

That’s awesome! I don’t see her yet but maybe soon.

Hugs,

Holly

Offline JoJoWolfe

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 12:16:26 am »
That’s wonderful, to have that moment when you can look at a selfie and think ‘yes that’s me’ and then at the same time ‘is that me?’ I think that is so important for a woman, it’s part of the expectation of us and so affirming to have that ‘yes’ moment. I think once you have that, confidence develops and before you know it those ‘keepers’ will start to grow. Fabulous, so pleased  :)

I’m still in the closet at work but otherwise (Covid restrictions permitting) go out as my true self. I’m so lucky with my neighbours, when I told them I was hoping for indifference but they were very excited for me and so supportive. Within the last few months I’ve done gardening in the front garden, put the bins out, gone to the shops, even worked on my car and had a wave and a chat with them.

I think the confidence for that has come from literally hundreds of selfies, going ‘oh no’ at the majority but still sticking at it. In doing so I’ve learned an awful lot, less is definitely more with me and now it’s just either a BB cream or moisturiser with a dab of foundation (thanks to laser, no blue shadow), eyebrows, lashes already tinted brown with henna so either nothing or a quick brush with brown mascara, then a lip tint - all in under 15 minutes, it used to take me 45  :D

Good luck and keep snapping.

Online sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 06:33:33 am »
That’s wonderful, to have that moment when you can look at a selfie and think ‘yes that’s me’ and then at the same time ‘is that me?’ I think that is so important for a woman, it’s part of the expectation of us and so affirming to have that ‘yes’ moment. I think once you have that, confidence develops and before you know it those ‘keepers’ will start to grow. Fabulous, so pleased  :)

So true - it is definitely going to be one of the most memorable moments of transition.

The photo was actually a duo selfie as my friend took the photo of the two of us and I remember her first reaction to the photo was, “Oh wow, you look really good!” And when I saw the photo I had to agree. And I really wasn’t wearing any makeup - just CC cream that I had put on in the morning. After all, we were hiking, not going out on the town. And so the fact that it was a natural look and I still liked it was particularly gratifying.

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 09:16:15 am »
@sarahc
Dear Sarah:
I love reading this thread of yours....
..... especially your last post regarding the fact that you were not wearing any makeup while your were hiking with your friend.  It is so self-affirming to have a natural look that is so gratifying to you and to your friend.

Your friend's reaction and words were a moment for you to celebrate and to remember......
           “Oh wow, you look really good!”

Thank you for sharing, and may you have many more experiences like you described.
HUGS and best wishes as you continue in your journey.
Danielle

So true - it is definitely going to be one of the most memorable moments of transition.

The photo was actually a duo selfie as my friend took the photo of the two of us and I remember her first reaction to the photo was, “Oh wow, you look really good!” And when I saw the photo I had to agree. And I really wasn’t wearing any makeup - just CC cream that I had put on in the morning. After all, we were hiking, not going out on the town. And so the fact that it was a natural look and I still liked it was particularly gratifying.

Sarah

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Online Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 11:17:10 am »
That's awesome.  I am stuck using an app with gender swap to see anything like what I want to look like.  Some of those turn out beautiful.  I'd be happy with much less.

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 04:06:47 pm »
And I really wasn’t wearing any makeup - just CC cream that I had put on in the morning.

I studied what CC cream is. Interesting, and I may try it.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Tags: