Author Topic: Inducing lactation  (Read 294 times)

Offline Jailyn

Inducing lactation
« on: October 30, 2020, 09:31:17 am »
Okay don't know if anyone here has tried this or done it ,but hoping. My co-parent is expecting so we are going to do co-nursing for the baby. I know I can nurse since well hrt develops all the necessary things to produce milk. Has anyone here done inducing of their milk for a baby? What did you take? How long did it take? Any info helps. :)

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Inducing lactation
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 07:20:33 pm »
I have heard of this being done. The hormones necessary for lactation are available, but not everyone is successful in producing milk.

I suggest a consult  with your partners obstetrician or an endocrinologist who is familiar with lactation.

After seeing breasts before and after lactation, I would prefer to never lactate, but that is just my personal opinion.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Online RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 03:12:54 pm »
That'll be awesome if it works. There's a well known GCS surgeon on the east coast who herself transitioned MTF years ago. She did this. Some members here got their surgery with her but I forgot her name  -- Marcy?. A film was made about her which I've watched.

My wife would have loved if I could have shared this, as she felt pressure from always having to be the one feeding our babies.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk
Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog on Susan's

Randy's HRT Journal

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 04:29:21 pm »
That'll be awesome if it works. There's a well known GCS surgeon on the east coast who herself transitioned MTF years ago. She did this. Some members here got their surgery with her but I forgot her name  -- Marcy?.

I believe that you are thinking of Dr. Christine McGinn.  I hope I can say her name, because I have been wrong about thinking I could mention the name of another doctor.  I think the policy is just about his name?

Tags: lactation baby milk