Author Topic: The Solitary Lodger (TSL_NB), and 46 years of 'Backwards Menopause.'  (Read 5174 times)

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
Re: The Solitary Lodger (TSL_NB), and 46 years of 'Backwards Menopause.'
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2021, 11:40:34 pm »
Congratulations on getting properly named by your Mom. That's got to be a great feeling. And I'm glad your kids are getting more comfortable with the changes that are going on.

Also that's a nice picture. I'm glad to get a face to go with the name.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2021, 12:06:13 am »
@TSL_NB

Vivian-

It's great that things are continuing to go well for you!!

You look stunning sis!  I bet you made a good impression with your ladyfriend!  I'll keep hoping and praying that you find your next special someone (actually, I'll hope and pray that we ALL find our next special someones haha)!

That is really good about your Mom and Dad!  I know that my Dad would never have been accepting, which has made it all the more precious for my Mom being as accepting and supportive as she has been!  Cherish that as a blessing sis!

Keep us posted as you can sis! You pack a lot of life into your "abridged update"s!

Hugs!!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Online TSL_NB

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2021, 01:59:53 am »
Congratulations on getting properly named by your Mom. That's got to be a great feeling. And I'm glad your kids are getting more comfortable with the changes that are going on.

Also that's a nice picture. I'm glad to get a face to go with the name.

@RandyL

Thanks, Randy. :)
Yeah, it's really a nice feeling, having my family becoming more accepting, and that I'm 'growing' on them. 
And, I also think it's hitting closer with Mom....I feel like she can finally see that she's not the only girl in the family.
-Vivian (or, day-older-sis!) ;)
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Online TSL_NB

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2021, 02:08:19 am »
@TSL_NB

Vivian-

It's great that things are continuing to go well for you!!

You look stunning sis!  I bet you made a good impression with your ladyfriend!  I'll keep hoping and praying that you find your next special someone (actually, I'll hope and pray that we ALL find our next special someones haha)!

That is really good about your Mom and Dad!  I know that my Dad would never have been accepting, which has made it all the more precious for my Mom being as accepting and supportive as she has been!  Cherish that as a blessing sis!

Keep us posted as you can sis! You pack a lot of life into your "abridged update"s!

Hugs!!

Caela
@CaelaNotKayla

Thanks, sis! :)

Well, she apparently didn't run out screaming after watching it, so I'll call it a success. ;)

I hope and pray it's going alright on your end as well, and like you said, I hope and pray that happens with all of us here.
I am very, VERY blessed to have Mom and Dad accepting me....really, all things considered, I'm really lucky.

Having family accept us is wonderful.....which is one of the many things that makes our family here on the forum particularly wonderful! :)
-Vivian
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

Online TSL_NB

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2021, 10:28:27 am »
So....another brief one.

We had yet another snowstorm come through, and the kids got the day off, again.  So, I wasn't frantically out the door at 7AM to run over their lunches, which was kind of a nice break, as I have been feeling a little rough.

I had my first video chat with my new lady-friend; it was short, but I felt quite confident after being able to chat for a few minutes. :)

I have been very upfront about being trans, and it's sometimes hard for me to gauge if women are just putting me in the 'friend zone,' or if they actually are interested in more.  But so far, she seems keen on continuing to speak with me (I know some cis lesbians have been pretty vocal about not wanting to date trans women...but, so far, she's been pretty welcoming, which is nice).

My ex has been really supportive about this venture as well.  I'm honoured to have her in my life, and glad she is my kids' mom.

And, anyone who is interested in pursuing a relationship with me...they need to accept that my kids, their mom, and that whole side of the family is part of the package as well.

-Vivian

Online TSL_NB

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2021, 09:21:39 pm »
So, it isn't common that I have an opportunity to post two updates in the same day, but here we are.

One of the areas where I really was uncertain of the outcome, was with my Legion branch.   I've been a member of the Royal Canadian Legion for what's now coming to ten years, so since I moved to Hampton (and, I'm the only member of that branch who served in the US Armed Forces, so it was really special when they welcomed me in).

The branch chaplain also happens to be our church minister, and she's been a great supporter of me.  I had run into some other members while out and about, and I've been very forward about my journey.   

Well, I got a call a few days ago, asking if I could attend (everyone got the same call...they do it as a courtesy).  I'm not hiding anything anymore.  I'm not sure how the rest of the branch was going to react, to be honest.  But, I just went ahead.

And, it was really amazing.  Everyone was absolutely welcoming.  A couple of the older ladies didn't even recognise me at first, and I had to explain to them who I was, and who I am, and I could feel they were sincerely happy for me.

Not everyone has had a good experience like this at some of the other Legion branches.  I'm really thankful. :)

I also got to show off my Navy mask (I was a PO2 when I finished my enlistment, and I was lucky to find a mask that actually had that rank), so hope you don't mind the gratuitous pics (these were screencaps from another video message).  I like how the second one looks. :)

-Vivian (TSL_NB)

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2021, 09:42:01 pm »
Vivian, what delightful news! It is so comforting and affirming when we are accepted. And your photos look great (especially the second one).
Randy

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2021, 10:37:28 pm »
Vivian-

That's great news sis, and I'm very happy for you and your affirming experience at your Legion branch meeting.  Things may not always go perfect, but it is so wonderful... and as Randy points out- comforting- to have that acceptance!

And video chatting with your ladyfriend!!  I'm really glad that is going well for you!

Hugs!

Caela

Online TSL_NB

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2021, 04:05:49 am »
Vivian, what delightful news! It is so comforting and affirming when we are accepted. And your photos look great (especially the second one).
Randy

@RandyL

Thanks, Randy!  It was a wonderful experience.  And, COVID permitting, I may opt to do something more special this coming Remembrance Day. :)

Yeah, I don't know why, but I looked at that pic, and just said, 'Wow, this is what I should have looked like this whole time,' if that makes sense.

Online TSL_NB

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2021, 04:12:30 am »
Vivian-

That's great news sis, and I'm very happy for you and your affirming experience at your Legion branch meeting.  Things may not always go perfect, but it is so wonderful... and as Randy points out- comforting- to have that acceptance!

And video chatting with your ladyfriend!!  I'm really glad that is going well for you!

Hugs!

Caela

@CaelaNotKayla

Thanks, sis!   When everything is considered, it really couldn't have gone better.  And, I really felt there is a place for me there now.

I'm in no rush with anything, but I'm glad the video chats are happening.  And, even if the back and forth doesn't grow into anything beyond that, it's just nice to have someone accept us at 'face value,' and continue to do so on our journey. :)

Online TSL_NB

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2021, 03:40:46 am »
So, another short post (and, it has to be short, as the morning is already progressing).

I'm just getting my first does of caffeine into me, then it's off to boil eggs for my kids' lunches.

The video messages with the woman I met on Onescene have progressed into Skype calls, which is a bit daring, but I'm just going 'all out,' and so far, she still hasn't run off....that's pretty nice. :)
I'm getting a bit on edge with wanting to pick up the hair removal sessions....I really hope I can hop back on that before too long.

Alright, I'm off to speed-prepare egg sandwiches.

-Vivian (TSL_NB)

Offline Pammie

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2021, 03:42:22 am »
So, another short post (and, it has to be short, as the morning is already progressing).

I'm just getting my first does of caffeine into me, then it's off to boil eggs for my kids' lunches.

The video messages with the woman I met on Onescene have progressed into Skype calls, which is a bit daring, but I'm just going 'all out,' and so far, she still hasn't run off....that's pretty nice. :)
I'm getting a bit on edge with wanting to pick up the hair removal sessions....I really hope I can hop back on that before too long.

-Vivian (TSL_NB)
Im so glad the calls are progressing, hope that continues. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2021, 02:28:37 pm »

-Vivian (TSL_NB)

Wow Vivian!  That's very promising! 

Hugs!!

Cae

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2021, 01:46:04 am »
Vivian, I'm glad you're progressing to Skype now. I hope you can return to hair removal soon. I'm lucky that is allowed here and my electrologist is very careful. 2 hours today (ow!)

Online TSL_NB

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2021, 08:36:57 am »
Wow Vivian!  That's very promising! 

Hugs!!

Cae

Thanks, Cae!  It's awkward, venturing into new waters like this, but I'm hopeful. :)

Hugs back!
-Vivian

Online TSL_NB

« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2021, 08:37:58 am »
Im so glad the calls are progressing, hope that continues. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Pammie - I hope so, too!  (although I will be emotionally clumsy about it)
-Vivian

Online TSL_NB

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2021, 08:39:59 am »
Vivian, I'm glad you're progressing to Skype now. I hope you can return to hair removal soon. I'm lucky that is allowed here and my electrologist is very careful. 2 hours today (ow!)

Thanks, Randy!   It's going well (almost a little too well, but I think that's my insecurity at work).

I hope I can get back onto the laser sessions, too.  They're operating, it's just the lack of finances on my end.  I do wish they had a proper electrologist around here, too! (for those hairs that have gone grey/white).

Online TSL_NB

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2021, 07:34:16 pm »
So, another short update....

The weeks of sleep deprivation have really caught up with me, and I'm just completely wiped out.

The Skype calls with my new lady friend have been going surprisingly well....I'm sometimes just terrible at reading people, but I think she's keen on continuing to talk to me. 

And, I'm sure like all of us, I'm ready for this pandemic to be done.  I'm also looking forward to warmer weather,  February is kind of the 'hump month' for winter in some ways.   

And, that's all.  I'm tired....really tired.

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2021, 11:55:31 am »
So, another short update....

The weeks of sleep deprivation have really caught up with me, and I'm just completely wiped out.

The Skype calls with my new lady friend have been going surprisingly well....I'm sometimes just terrible at reading people, but I think she's keen on continuing to talk to me. 

And, I'm sure like all of us, I'm ready for this pandemic to be done.  I'm also looking forward to warmer weather,  February is kind of the 'hump month' for winter in some ways.   

And, that's all.  I'm tired....really tired.

Vivian-

I'm really happy that your Skype calls have been going well!  It's always good to have someone outside that is interested in us- and maybe one day we'll all be vaccinated and you can meet your friend outside of a video feed!

Take care of yourself though- One of the first things they told me when my wife was going through her treatments was that I needed to take care of myself or I wouldn't be able to take care of her.  Make sure that you have you time in the midst of kids, family, and Skyping!

Hugs!!

Caela

Online TSL_NB

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2021, 04:18:32 am »
Vivian-

I'm really happy that your Skype calls have been going well!  It's always good to have someone outside that is interested in us- and maybe one day we'll all be vaccinated and you can meet your friend outside of a video feed!

Take care of yourself though- One of the first things they told me when my wife was going through her treatments was that I needed to take care of myself or I wouldn't be able to take care of her.  Make sure that you have you time in the midst of kids, family, and Skyping!

Hugs!!

Caela
@CaelaNotKayla

Thanks, sis! 
Oh I know.....it's still been a challenge to allow myself to actually keep myself as a priority, But, I'm getting there. :)
-Vivian

Tags: