General Discussions > Fitness

Working out as MtF

<< < (2/5) > >>

Oldandcreaky:

--- Quote from: Rakel on November 06, 2020, 05:27:37 am ---Ashley,

If you want to get thin again, then extreme aerobic exercise is mandatory. Running and cycling are the most common. Walking is going to take a long time to get lean. Avoid any heavy lifting, as this is the main cause of bulking up. Light weights with many repetitions are good for toning and trimming up muscles.

Do not forget diet. You need to be on a serious calorie restricted diet. Keep it balanced within good nutrition standards. Avoid any fad diets, as many are harmful and as soon as you go back to regular eating you will just gain the weight back.

I wish I could give you an easy to do answer, but the current obesity epidemic in the US and around the world just tells us how hard this is to do.

Best wishes and take care.  :-*

--- End quote ---

Again and again and again, Rakel provides professional-grade information. This site is lucky to have her.

Margrit:

--- Quote from: Rakel on November 06, 2020, 05:27:37 am ---Do not forget diet.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely right, you just have to use or better let me say burn more calories than you eat...

Margrit:

--- Quote from: Pammie on November 06, 2020, 04:54:27 am ---Mall walking? That would be sooooooo expensive for me

--- End quote ---

Oh well yes, that is a other challenge.  :D

;D window-shopping  ;D

sarahc:
Three components:
* Rigorous calorie counting - you need to set goals and keep yourself honest on your calorie consumption
* At least one hour of increasingly strenuous aerobic exercise 5 days a week
* Core exercise set 2 days a week - if you don't do some core exercises, you won't get the tone you want.

Sarah

barbie:
I have run regularly since 2003. I started to track my running and bike activity in 2011, and it says I ran (or biked) ca. 15,000 km or 10,000 miles. I guess multiplying by a factor of 2 (2020-2011/2020-2003) gives my total running distance since 2003 approximately 30,000 km or 20,000 miles. The circumference of the earth is ca. 40,000 km, and I will reach it by 2030.

Google Fitness says that last week I took a total of 57,751 steps.

Yesterday, I could not run as I was on travel, but still I took a total of 8,327 steps by walking.

Recently my body weight once increased, and I decreased my daily consumption of rice, my major source of carbohydrate, by 1/3. Now I have nearly the same bodyweight as in 2003. Anyway, my body shape has been nearly the same since 2003. 

Your everyday habit of activities determines your body shape.

barbie~~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version