Author Topic: MTF Final Breast Sizes  (Read 428 times)

Offline Carla68

• Friend
MTF Final Breast Sizes
« on: November 09, 2020, 10:20:11 am »
Hi All,

I couldn't find a section on Breast Augmentation so have posted my preliminary question here.

I was wondering how much growth can be expected when on MTF hormones and found an interesting article about various different doses and combinations and whether self administrated etc

Wasn't sure if allowed to post link but the general gist of the article was that as with Natal Women results vary and you pretty much get what you get based on genetics, but probably overall less.

I have taken out the medication notes in a part of the article and am interested in the terms i have highlighted

A) how do you take these measurements

B) how do those or other measurements rate to the Tanner stage and what stage should we expect in reality

1243:

Kanhai et al. [20] investigated the effect of cross-sex hormone therapy, medication deleted on thorax circumference at the nipple. They observed that the circumference at the nipple increased from a mean of 91–93 cm during the first 18 months of cross-sex hormone treatment.

p. 1243:

In the study of Dittrich et al. [22], 60 trans women were treated with medication deleted   daily. Seventy percent of them wished to undergo augmentation mammoplasty as they found their breast size too small after 24 months of hormonal therapy. Only 35 percent of trans women in their group had a B cup (mean difference of 14–16 cm between circumference at the nipple and circumference just below the breast) or more, 35% had an A cup (mean difference of 12–14 cm), and 30% had less than an A cup after 2 years of cross-sex hormone therapy. The authors concluded that this treatment regime, not including a drug with progestational properties, had a similar efficacy compared with prior reported treatment regimes using cyproterone acetate and EE [21] and thus questioned the use of progestogens as part of the endocrine treatment of trans persons in order to enhance breast growth.

p. 1243:

Prior et al. [18] also observed that most trans women developed an A cup. They explored the effects of 12-month administration of medication deleted daily on feminization in 50 trans women. In spite of this modest breast development, few trans women in their group sought augmentation surgery afterwards. Reutrakul and colleagues as well as Sosa and colleagues reported that all trans women developed tanner stage 2 or 3, unless they underwent augmentation mammoplasty [19,24].

Thanks

Carla
Carla

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Re: MTF Final Breast Sizes
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 12:46:00 pm »
The first term you highlighted is the cup size, or the difference between the band, measured under the breast, and the measurement taken of the breasts themselves including the nipples.

The second term, the Tanner stages, are explained here:

https://www.susans.org/wiki/Tanner_stage

Veteran, US Army

Offline Carla68

• Friend
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 03:29:12 pm »
Hi ya,

this is where the male part of my brain is still working and needs technical details

So one measurement is taken from the left side of breast to right side of the breast going underneath the breast and the other measurement is taken from the left side of breast to right side of the breast going over the nipple?

Thanks

Carla

Carla

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 03:45:59 pm »
It's a complete wrap around the body with a tape measure. Just go to Victoria's Secret or another bra shop and ask for a fitting. Then it will make sense.
Veteran, US Army

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 07:24:31 pm »
If you are going to measure yourself, you will be lifting your arms  up and this will give you a false reading. Go the any specialty lingerie shop and get a professional fitting. They know what they are doing. You will get an accurate fitting. You will be happy that you did.  ;D

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Tags: