Author Topic: Megan's GRS Diary  (Read 4709 times)

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
Re: Megan's GRS Diary
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2020, 05:00:34 am »
Gentle reminder that I'm making images of my new girl available on a private Twitter feed. If anyone would like access - for educational reasons only (!), then pls PM me and I'll share details with you. X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2020, 05:18:31 am »
Pain levels are now right down to 1, if that. And the painful gas buildup is, erm, able to exit! Lol

Johnny the squirrel says hello to you all.

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2020, 06:04:36 am »
I'm up...

One small step for Megan, one giant leap for Transkind!

Got myself a bed bath, laziest thing ever; and then walked... Walked I tell you... A WHOLE 8ft to a chair, all by myself and everything.

Sitting isn't painful, but quite a bit of pressure from the packing, so not comfy either.

Lunch soon, then back to bed for a well-deserved nap. X

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2020, 06:06:48 am »
I am glad things are turning out well for you Megan.

:)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2020, 06:52:16 am »
I am glad things are turning out well for you Megan.

:)

Chrissy
Thnx hon, so far it's been smooth sailing I think.

X.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2020, 09:23:23 am »
First minor hiccup, I tried to push myself and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I got there fine, but standing up was beyond me, and started to feel faint. A quick sit down and I was then able to return to my bed. Enough adventuring for one day!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2020, 09:40:22 am »
First minor hiccup, I tried to push myself and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I got there fine, but standing up was beyond me, and started to feel faint. A quick sit down and I was then able to return to my bed. Enough adventuring for one day!

Do take it easy.  You have been through a lot.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2020, 11:55:29 am »
It's great to hear that you are doing so well.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2020, 12:54:49 pm »
@Megan. cc: @Devlyn
Dear Megan:
Thank you so very much for your effort to keep all of us here on the Forums updated regarding your surgery and recovery.
You appear to be doing well and are coping with the pain and discomfort admirably.

I see that you have a new friend... Johnny the Squirrel.   Is he a one-time appearance or has he repeatedly returned to offer his additional greetings to you?

I do agree with Devlyn regarding the appearance of your Full English breakfast (Beans, Bangor, Eggs) ... either a much smaller plate or a lot bigger portions would be in order.... but small amounts of food are the definitely the right thing since you are just recovering from the anesthesia and getting your digestive system working again.

Again Megan, thank you for your cheery and upbeat demeanor before and after your surgery.   Certainly a good example and testimony to our members here that will be going through their own surgeries in the future.

HUGS and more HUGS.   Heal well and recover quickly.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2020, 01:02:20 pm »

@Megan. cc: @Devlyn
Dear Megan:
Thank you so very much for your effort to keep all of us here on the Forums updated regarding your surgery and recovery.
You appear to be doing well and are coping with the pain and discomfort admirably.

I see that you have a new friend... Johnny the Squirrel.   Is he a one-time appearance or has he repeatedly returned to offer his additional greetings to you?

I do agree with Devlyn regarding the appearance of your Full English breakfast (Beans, Bangor, Eggs) ... either a much smaller plate or a lot bigger portions would be in order.... but small amounts of food are the definitely the right thing since you are just recovering from the anesthesia and getting your digestive system working again.

Again Megan, thank you for your cheery and upbeat demeanor before and after your surgery.   Certainly a good example and testimony to our members here that will be going through their own surgeries in the future.

HUGS and more HUGS.   Heal well and recover quickly.
Danielle

Johnny's a regular in these parts, I spent the day watching his busy comings and goings. He likes to go down the ladder and up the wall.

It was a small breakfast to be sure, but with the addition of toast, museli and yoghurt, it was far too much for me.

Dinner tonight was a more restrained ceasar salad and fruit salad.

Hopefully all that fibre will help things flow?

It's been a long time coming, but some temporary discomfort is often fixed with humor... and hard drugs! :-D

And thank you Danielle for helping to keep the Susans' skies safe. X

Online Pammie

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2020, 03:21:23 pm »
Sending extra hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2020, 10:15:11 pm »
Day -1 Summary:

* Travelled down on my own by car to Parkside Hospital, arrived just before 6pm.
* checked in and shown to my room.
* Issued TED stockings, paper pants, gown, robe and socks for use the next day.
* Was offered several food items for dinner, but had my own food for the evening.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2020, 10:25:10 pm »
Day 0 (surgery) Summary:

* PM surgery planned for 2pm.
* Light breakfast of cereal and milk at 5:30am.
* Nil-by-mouth from 6am.
* Enema given at 9am.
* No more fluids after 10am.
* Walked down to surgery at 2pm.
* Cannula installed for use with morphine pain pump later.
* Given a full general anesthesia and a local in lower spine for pelvic region.
* Full vaginoplasty procedure performed without issue.
* Mr Bellringer had to modify technique to account for loose skin from substantial weight loss.
* Out from surgery approx. 5pm - very groggy.
* Dinner arrived, but only ate a little - very tired
* Blood Pressure, Temperature and Pulse Ox taken throughout the day, pre and post surgery.
* Used pain pump to manage pain.
* Also given ibuprofen and paracetamol for pain relief.
* Slept on and off through the night.
* Substantial 'pressure' from dressing.
* Pain level peaked at 4, but more general diffuse ache.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2020, 10:28:47 pm »
Day 1 Summary:

* Got up and walked on three occasions including sitting in a chair for lunch.
* Almost fainted on one of these jaunts.
* Disconnected from the morphine pump.
* Some appetite, and drank a good 2+ litres of water.
* Given two SoulSource brand dilators for use later in the week.
* Had my pressure dressing removed - retaining the packing.
* Given a bed bath.
* Managed to brush my teeth.
* Changed into my own clothes - night dress.
* Using pads for ongoing minor bleeding, but nothing heavy.
* Pain level varied through the day between 1 and 4.
* Very tired and ready for bed by 9pm
* Substantial difficulty finding comfortable positions to lie in. The discomfort makes longer periods of sleep quite difficult.
* Ibuprofen and paracetamol used for pain relief thought the day.

Online Alice

• The Battle Within
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2020, 01:41:40 am »
Megan,

Thank you for your summary. I am following this thread with interest. I am so glad that it is going well.

Alice

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2020, 02:08:47 am »
Megan,

Thank you for your summary. I am following this thread with interest. I am so glad that it is going well.

Alice
If it's of use, then success! :-)

If there is anything specific you'd like to know, please just ask. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2020, 04:14:39 am »
Another brief walk around my room this morning, followed by a quick return to the horizontal safety of my bed before a quick trip to the floor.

I'm a fairly active person, not one for staying still long, but this IS a major change to the body, and it takes time to recover. I think I'm only really getting that now!

The next few days should be quite uneventful. The nurses encourage short walks to rebuild strength. Between those it's resting, and frankly, alot of boredom. Darn glad I brought my tablet with Netflix, Prime and Disney+.

I checked out 'Beauty' this morning with a hand mirror I brought. A close friend choose that name, And I love it.

Some swelling in the mons pubis area, and also some bruising coming out, but still looks remarkably good at this stage.

I'll update with changes, but I think the next couple of days will be quite uneventful, until the great unpacking and first dilation on Saturday (day 5 after surgery). Yikes!

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2020, 04:45:34 am »
Quick point of note, the toilet in the bathroom is the best and most comfortable place to sit! Lol

Online Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2020, 05:35:27 am »
The Queen sits upon her throne.  ;D
Veteran, US Army

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2020, 06:16:10 am »
The Queen sits upon her throne.  ;D

It's "sitteth"  ;D :D

Tags: