Author Topic: Curly Hair advice  (Read 269 times)

Offline Rebecca28

Curly Hair advice
« on: November 13, 2020, 08:21:22 pm »
Ladies, I have naturally curly hair. For years and years, I got it cut to a 1 on the clippers every 6-8 weeks.. so I have no idea now that it’s growing what to do with it.. need some advice on shampoos, any gels, hair brushes, fun things you can do with it. Ironically I was told so many times growing up I had girls hair. How right they were all along. Lol.. Right now I am letting it grow out and want to see what I can do with it. I do need any coloring advice too. I have some grey I want colored out!! Any advice is appreciated!! Hugs Rebecca

Offline Jessica_Rose

Re: Curly Hair advice
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 09:21:13 pm »
My hair is naturally very curly, but since I want it longer I usually straighten it with a flat iron. Deva Curl (direct from the DevaCurl site or at Ulta) makes hair products for wavy to really curly hair. Even though I straighten mine, I still use the Deva Curl shampoo and conditioners. I let my hair grow out for about a year before I transitioned, I kept it slicked down with a handful of mousse every day and only one or two people ever mentioned anything. If you straighten your hair with a flat iron, make sure you use a heat protectant so you don't fry your hair. I like the 'It's a 10' leave-in conditioner with keratin (Target carries it). There is definitely a big learning curve for those of us who lived decades with really short hair.

Hair usually grows about 5 - 6 inches per year, so it will be a while before you can have a pony tail! Best wishes on your journey.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline Rebecca28

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 06:59:56 am »
Jessica,

Thank you so much for your response. I would have never thought of straightening it. I would love to try that and actually be able to wear a pony tail.  Thanks for opening my eyes to the possibilities!! This is exactly why I posted the question to get feedback and ideas like this!! I really appreciate it! Rebecca

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 07:03:47 am »
Japanese hair straightening is sometimes offered by salons.  Search the Web for more information.

This method is supposedly “less bad” for the hair as some other types of hair straightening.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: