Author Topic: Estrogen only?  (Read 746 times)

Offline transornot

• Visitor
Estrogen only?
« on: November 14, 2020, 06:39:29 pm »
Has anyone else been prescribed estrogen only?
I had my first HRT appt last week and the endo talked with me about estrogen and spiro we both discussed the negative effects that we didnt like about spiro. Than she kind of pushed that aside and started talking about starting just estrogen. I went and got my bloodwork and I'm currently waiting for results.
A little back story I'm non binary and do not want full transition just enough to soften things and eventually a form of bottom surgery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Jessica_Rose

Re: Estrogen only?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 08:22:07 pm »
I started with estradiol patches only, unless you count finasteride. Honestly, finasteride doesn't do much to feminize anyone. Four months after starting patches I was feeling really happy and asked to add spiro. HRT is definitely YMMV, no two people respond exactly the same. Just go with what your endo recommends for now and see what happens.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA with Dr. Ley on 21 Feb 2019
GCS II and FFS - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019
FFS II - FFS II with Dr. Ley on 13 Oct 2020
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 08:40:57 pm »
@transornot
The advice given our lovely member   @Jessica_Rose   is exactly correct.
Follow your Doctor's orders and be certain to clearly express your HRT desires and concerns
during your followup appointments.
HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: Jessica_Rose _=topic=254734.msg2396680#msg2396680 date=1605406927
I started with estradiol patches only, unless you count finasteride. Honestly, finasteride doesn't do much to feminize anyone. Four months after starting patches I was feeling really happy and asked to add spiro. HRT is definitely YMMV, no two people respond exactly the same. Just go with what your endo recommends for now and see what happens.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 09:45:34 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline AnneK

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 09:40:03 pm »
I'm not on Estrogen only, but I was on Dutasteride for a couple of years before starting it.  It has some antiandrogen benefits.
I'm a 67 year old AMAB who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 01:08:27 am »
Funny enough, I'm currently on estradiol patches right now, without anything else (twelve days so far).

I'm happy with how it's going, but like everyone else here said, our results are going to be unique to us (and, patience is key).
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline ramilove

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 07:11:20 am »
Every body is different, there is no one universal HRT regiment, just guidelines.  I requested estradiol mono when I started my HRT for a number of reasons. My testosterone levels have always been very low, evidenced by a sparse beard, little body hair, more feminine than masculine body features. My thinking is that the awesomely powerful hormone estradiol would on its own be sufficient to steer my body in a more feminine direction. I also wanted to avoid the possible negative side effects of commonly prescribed anti-antigens.  The other consideration was that I did not want to shutdown my bodies capacity to produce its own hormones. After 8 months and experiencing modest breast development, softer skin, reduction in the little body hair I had, some redistribution of fat, mild change to emotions, changes in my smell sense, I will stay with the mono therapy, that is if the my doctor will allow. I would like to mimic the hormone levels of teenage female  but alas this old girl has a lot of miles on her and I need go easy on the pedal.
Electrolysis 3/4/2020
Estradiol 3/10/2020

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 07:05:47 pm »
When I first started HRT, I had a significant Testosterone blood level. I needed Spironolactone and Finasteride to augment my Estradiol. Once I got rid of the T factory, I dropped the Spironolactone and a few months later I dropped the Finasteride as well.

Excellent results. No regrets.  ;D

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Rebecca28

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 07:26:18 am »
I am on sublingual estradiol. I love my results. I tried spiro and hated the side effects. My doc encouraged me to stop them and have been on just estradiol since. It’s been the best decision for me! I am very happy with my results! Hugs, Rebecca

Offline transornot

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 08:30:23 pm »
Just an update. I am now into my 5th week of HRT my endo started me on a low dose estrogen patch to start the first 3 months. Really no noticable effects yet (not that I expected alot in the first month). She said at the 3 month appt we will see where I'm at and either stay where I am or up the dose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 09:37:18 am »
Congratulations Transornot on starting Estrogen Patch only HRT in early December. Enjoy the rollercoaster ride.

Wishing you success and happiness

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline JessicaF84

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 07:59:21 pm »
So I have been on Estradiol Valerate since I started HRT in July of 2019. I was on Spiro prior to orchiectomy. Since then my doctor has added Progesterone into the mix to help with feminizing and breast development.

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 09:16:13 pm »
I’m on estrogen only from my endo. I take finasteride from my PCP.

My endo will revisit a blocker at the one year mark. Don’t really want to go down that path. So my endo and I are in alignment on the treatment plan.

Good luck!

Hugs,

Holly

Tags: