Author Topic: Biotin  (Read 562 times)

Offline big kim

Biotin
« on: November 21, 2020, 07:22:37 am »
I want to grow my hair longer. Biotin has been suggested as an aid but I heard it increases facial and body hair. Has anyone had this problem? I'm 63, 26 years post op, electrolysis completed with ash blonde/ grey hair midback length

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Biotin
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 07:24:54 am »
The B vitamin you mentioned, taken in moderation, should be okay, at least, it makes sense so.  Finasteride may help too.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline sandrauk

• Friend
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 04:16:04 pm »
I take Biotin for my nails. It's made quite a positive difference.

I haven't noticed any increase in body/face hair.

Estrogen seems to have sorted my head hair so I can't say that Biotin made any difference to that.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 06:49:40 pm »
I take Biotin, but I also take finasteride. The combination has definitely helped reduce head hair loss. I definitely have not seen an increase in body hair; on the contrary, body hair is definitely much lower than before HRT. Not sure about facial hair...seems unaffected.

Agree that Biotin also helps with nails.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Tags: