Author Topic: progesterone after breast augmentation  (Read 342 times)

Offline RachelTG

progesterone after breast augmentation
« on: November 21, 2020, 09:21:32 am »
May be a basic question but I am scheduled for breast augmentation surgery the end o December. I am assuming I will no longer take my  <dosage not allowed> Progesterone. Am I correct?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:04:33 am by Northern Star Girl »

Offline Harley Quinn

• Family
  • I am crazy... Crazy like a fox!
Re: progesterone after breast augmentation
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 10:27:57 am »
My endocrinologist has recently put me back on progesterone.  There's a new study claiming that it "should" be part of hormone therapy for bone health, etc...  They also say it is essential for softening the breast tissue... and pillowy boobs can't be all that bad.  The other finding that I found interesting was the inference that Estrogen dominance is possibly responsible for widening of the mid-section, and progesterone actually helps with metabolizing fat around the waist while doing nothing to metabolize fat in the hips or bust area.  If it is true, hormonally induced hourglass figure... sounds like reason enough to give it a shot.  I personally prefer having progesterone in my medicine cabinet.  I feel much better with it than when I was on Estradiol alone.  And hey, If I get a better hourglass... all the better.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Friend
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 09:45:07 pm »
My Dr's opinion is that progesterone is a mood stabilizer for estrogen.  I'm using pellet implants for my E so I have an extended cycle over about 6 months.  At the lowest E part of my cycle I take less P, as my E ramps up after getting my implants I take more P.  Seems to work well for me and my moods.  I've never been more emotionally stable in my life.

Offline RachelTG

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 09:03:38 am »
My endocrinologist has recently put me back on progesterone.  There's a new study claiming that it "should" be part of hormone therapy for bone health, etc...  They also say it is essential for softening the breast tissue... and pillowy boobs can't be all that bad.  The other finding that I found interesting was the inference that Estrogen dominance is possibly responsible for widening of the mid-section, and progesterone actually helps with metabolizing fat around the waist while doing nothing to metabolize fat in the hips or bust area.  If it is true, hormonally induced hourglass figure... sounds like reason enough to give it a shot.  I personally prefer having progesterone in my medicine cabinet.  I feel much better with it than when I was on Estradiol alone.  And hey, If I get a better hourglass... all the better.

Do you have a link to the study?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Family
  • I am crazy... Crazy like a fox!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 02:25:14 pm »
Do you have a link to the study?

I'll have to find the medical study and post the Link for you.  Google loves to give you ads and sales pitch results. I swear Google is worthless anymore.

<link not allowed>
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:03:29 pm by Northern Star Girl »
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)

Tags: