Author Topic: Ribcage and upper body  (Read 232 times)

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Ribcage and upper body
« on: November 22, 2020, 10:28:02 am »
After being on medically supervised mtf HRT, have you noticed any reduction in upper body measurements? That is,

1). Collar size
2). Band size, the measurement right under the breasts
3). Distance all around, from where the nipples are

Do you attribute that loss to muscle loss and/or purposeful weight loss?  It seems that some of all of the above measurements can go down even while your breast volume can increase.

If one loses 10-15 pounds, fat can be reduced everywhere.  But with the weight and body size loss, if the breast volume increases then it makes sense that the HRT is likely causing that.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Pammie

Re: Ribcage and upper body
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 11:36:02 am »
After being on medically supervised mtf HRT, have you noticed any reduction in upper body measurements? That is,

1). Collar size

Do you attribute that loss to muscle loss and/or purposeful weight loss?  It seems that some of all of the above measurements can go down even while your breast volume can increase.

If one loses 10-15 pounds, fat can be reduced everywhere.  But with the weight and body size loss, if the breast volume increases then it makes sense that the HRT is likely causing that.

Chrissy
I agree re breast volume but I don’t think band side reduction is easy as rib cage is a massive arbiter of that. I’ve lost 33% of my weight in the last 4 years but I think my upper body (and band size) couldn’t get any lower (36” now) even if I lost more weight (which im definitely not going to do) - of course my kettlebell exercises have not helped and I have put on weight on my arms and shoulders and tummy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 08:10:19 pm »
Same here. In my previous life, my chest measured over 50 inches. Being over weight helped make that number so large.

HRT and serious dieting helped me lose over 120 pounds and my chest went down to a 39 inches under the bust. I did lose a lot of chest fat, but most of the reduction in my chest is muscle loss.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Online sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 04:25:54 am »
Like Pammie and Rakel, I lost a lot of weight through dieting at the same time I started HRT (60 lbs).  And my underbust measurement decreased from 40” to 36”. I attribute the reduction in band size almost entirely to weight loss. I think it would be really hard for my underbust measurement to shrink further. When naked, my rib cage is now very apparent on my body shape and is meaningfully larger than my waist.

Sarah

1). Collar size

Chrissy
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Friend
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 10:23:52 am »
Muscle loss has accounted for all my reductions in upper body measurements.. Including neck (which is still too large IMHO!)...  But I went from a 42" chest to a 36" underbust.. and my shoulders feminised a little with the loss of the shoulder muscles..  I used to think my shoulders would never be okay.. but they are just on the large size of normal for a woman of my build now...

I think the one thing that will never change is the 'roundness' of the ribcage.. viewed from the side..
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Online sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 12:56:41 pm »
I think the one thing that will never change is the 'roundness' of the ribcage.. viewed from the side..

Exactly! It has been bugging me that something still isn't quite right anatomically, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I think this is it.

Sadly, I think there is nothing that can be done to address this.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Friend
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 01:51:12 pm »
I have gained about 7-8 pounds since changing my hormones 3+ years ago.

My neck is smaller, my shoulders are smaller, band size smaller, waist smaller, thighs smaller, arms smaller,  so where did it all go?  Especially if my weight has gone up?  Mostly my butt, and breasts, which is um, fabu!

Offline Harley Quinn

• Family
  • I am crazy... Crazy like a fox!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 02:19:06 pm »
I say weight loss and some muscle bulk.  I was not overweight by any means when I started, and I ended up losing about 4" on my band size.  I went from a 38" band, to a 34" band in the same bra line over the last 5+ years.  Same goes for collar, but to a lesser extent.  I attribute it to just less muscle bulk.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 02:20:24 pm »
I have gained about 7-8 pounds since changing my hormones 3+ years ago.

My neck is smaller, my shoulders are smaller, band size smaller, waist smaller, thighs smaller, arms smaller,  so where did it all go?  Especially if my weight has gone up?  Mostly my butt, and breasts, which is um, fabu!

A symphony is comprised of good movements.  :)
Seems to have worked for you too.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: