Author Topic: What is your favorite soup?  (Read 448 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
What is your favorite soup?
« on: November 22, 2020, 12:19:12 pm »

Recipe sharing is encouraged! 

I do enjoy chicken noodle and French onion soups.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: What is your favorite soup?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 12:53:02 pm »
   BEEF BARLEY
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 01:06:21 pm »
Oooo, I do love soup:

Lobster Bisque, Minestrone, Potato & Leek, Italian Three Bean... But my favourite is probably a good Boston Clam Chowder. X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 03:06:47 pm »
Lentil Soup with Kielbasa

Make a mirepoix (onion, carrot and celery) with garlic and sauté in a soup pot in olive oil. In this case I used about a half or a little more of a red onion, 3-4 celery stalks and about 4 carrots chopped in quarter inch thick rounds. I season with salt, pepper, teaspoon of garlic powder, teaspoon of onion powder, teaspoon of oregano, teaspoon of red pepper flakes, three bay leaves and  half a teaspoon of allspice and a teaspoon of sage.  After it's been sautéing for 5 minutes I add about half a cup of white wine. I like Pinot Grigio. After another 10 minutes or so I add a can of chicken broth and a can of beef broth. I heat that up for a few and add the kielbasa. I let that heat up and add the lentils that I have been soaking with a about a quart of water. Bring that to a boil and turn down to a low simmer for 45 minutes.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 08:14:44 pm »
Any soup that I can make reasonably well at home. Usually a broth base with vegetables and chicken or turkey.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 08:43:59 pm »
Rhode Island clam chowder. 

Offline Battle Goddess

• Family
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 10:09:56 pm »
Menudo, turtle, tomato, oyster stew, barley.

"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT and Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 10:12:57 pm »
Nail soup...

There once was a traveler that came to small village carrying nothing but the ragged clothes on his back and bent rusty nail. The villagers tried to run him out of town saying that he was going to steal from them. “Oh no, I was coming to share some nail soup with you. All I need is a pot filled with water and I’ll make some soup to be enjoyed by all,” he said. One curious villager brought him a pot filled with water.

The traveler built a fire and got his rusty nail out of his pocket and dropped it in the pot. Soon the villagers started gathering around to see what nail soup was. After a while, the traveler tasted the soup and said, “If only I had some onions, that would really make the soup wonderful.” One of the villagers ran to grab a couple of onions. After adding the onions and cooking the soup for a while, he tasted it again and said, “If I only had a few carrots and maybe some peas, then the soup would be so much better.” Another villager ran to get a few carrots and another got some peas.

The stranger kept tasting the soup and each time he’d mention something else that would make the soup “just right” and each time a villager would run and get that item for the soup. After a while the pot was bubbling with the best smelling soup the villagers had ever smelled.

The traveler fished out his nail, wrapped it in a handkerchief and put it back in his pocket. Then he served up the stew to all the villagers, it was the most wonderful stew they had ever tasted. They were very impressed with the Nail Soup, although they could never replicate the recipe themselves.
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Leesh

• Laura
  • Friend
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 12:11:39 pm »
I love all soups except for chicken soup.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 05:48:22 am »
I have been enjoying recently (eaten at lunch mostly) chicken rice noodle soup, plus tomato basil soup, and miso soup.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 10:32:21 am »
In this order:

Beef Barley

Cream of Mushroom

Tomato Soup   (served with a Toasted Cheese Sandwich)

Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 10:46:36 am »
I wonder if chili is a soup.  Never thought about that.

I do enjoy a good chili.

Chrissy

Offline big kim

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2021, 11:51:10 am »
Oxtail

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2021, 01:33:27 pm »
In my father's time Oxtail soup was for poor people, but not any more, as people now appreciate these soup bones.

I make miso soup by adding 1tbl of Shirakiku Shiro Miso (my Asian market stores it the refrigerator case) and 1/2tsp Hondashi to 8oz of water, then gently heating it up on the stove to around 160 degrees.  Tofu cubes can be added.

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2021, 06:06:43 am »
French onion soup sounds really good!

Tags: