Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 521 times)

Offline Kognisjon

What makes you happy?
« on: January 23, 2019, 05:04:16 pm »
And do you feel happy the most amount of your time?

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 05:13:59 pm »

@Kognisjon
My answer to your question is YES

I am a very positive person, an optimist, as so I am usually upbeat and will think the best about situations and about people.  I get great joy (and happiness) when I am friendly, outgoing, ecouraging and supporting to my friends and others that I come across.

Obviously there are times that being positive and having optimism do not work, but when in those situations I will think and ponder about how to turn those situations around.

You may want to check out one of my threads that is relevant to your question:
         "Positive Mindset... put away negativity"

Thank you for sharing and posting.
Best wishes to you.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 09:06:02 pm »
That I am almost fully recovered from one of the worst colds I had for many years!

Offline debrahelen

• Deb
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 09:13:58 pm »
@Kognisjon
I'm a positive person and always believe that good will win out. I love being who I am, I enjoy my career, and traveling the world makes me ultra-happy!  It's definitely a state of mind!
Deb

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 09:23:34 pm »
Being with nice people who are geniune, thoughtful, caring, and not self-absorbed. 

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Paul Muad-Dib

• Family
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 09:23:49 am »
Being around people that are intellectually stimulating and that I can learn from and have good conversations with makes me happy. Unfortunately they seem to be rare, and so is the freedom to discuss ideas these days.

Acting/drama makes me happy. It's an escape from this life of mine. I'm not bad at it, probably because I've been trying to "act" like a normal person and to "figure out my character" my whole life. Every day was training.

Being in love makes me happy. A no brainer.

Doing a good piece of work is satisfying. I like my job most of the time. It doesn't pay great but it is much better than working for someone else. I don't think I could go back to working under someone else, building their dreams instead of building my own, so they can go off and buy themselves Ferraris and holidays in Tahiti. Being creative is very satisfying, especially when you can manage to make a living off it.

I would say I am content most of the time. A lot of it is perspective and what you allow yourself to get worked up about or to be thankful for. I've had an uncomfortable life psychologically, so the mere absence of that discomfort recently is like being happy about nothing. I guess.

I'm not where I want to be in life right now, but I have a plan, and something to occupy myself with, and that ticks all the boxes in terms of mental stimulation. Whether I ever get there doesn't matter so much as having the goal and the drive to reach it.

I don't aspire "to be happy". I aspire to do things that bring a sense of achievement, engagement, fulfillment, etc. and the state of "happiness" (or something close enough) comes from that.     

Offline Greyscale

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 06:11:57 pm »

As other people in this thread, I'm an optimist and try to stay always positive, even in difficult life situation. That doesn't mean that I don't feel sad/angry/frustrated at all but in general I feel positive vibes so yes, I think that I feel happy mostly  :)
And what makes me happy... Well the first of all, it's my dear people, I mean my family and friends, we really love each other and are a great support for both sides. And I'm always happy when I can spend my time with them.
Secondly it's my work. I work as a copywriter and I really like what I do because writing my own texts was always a pleasure for me and I'm glad that I could make this my profession too. Besides I work in a good company with nice chef and colleagues.
And the last positive thing for me consists from my hobbies and simply having a good relax. For example, I adore reading, playing computer games, travelling, cooking, visiting museums and cinema. I like postcrossing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postcrossing too, especially with some of my friends abroad, I like also to choose nice and interesting postcards for it like such free postcards for Father's Day https://masterbundles.com/free-postcards-for-fathers-day/ and even make them with my own hands, I prefer one of handmade techniques for this which is called quilling.
And I adore so much attending concerts of my fav bands long walking outsides during warm seasons.

GingerVicki

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 01:06:47 pm »
Yes, I feel happy most of the time.

Sometimes I have to do a personal inventory just to see how far I've come. I've worked on so many things and I've tried so hard over the years. I have to remember that I've had successes and failures. It seems as though nothing is easy in my life.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 01:39:19 pm »
Yes, I feel happy most of the time.

Sometimes I have to do a personal inventory just to see how far I've come. I've worked on so many things and I've tried so hard over the years. I have to remember that I've had successes and failures. It seems as though nothing is easy in my life.
Well, nobody said life would be easy!

But it seems as if you are plowing forward along your preferred road!  And that is the most important thing, to come closer to the goal!

One has to set intermediate goals, and once one reaches one of them, one can go on to the next one!
When I was a wimpy little girlish boy in the Netherlands/Germany, I would not have thought in my wildest dreams that I would end up as a woman living in the south of Florida.  I did not even had a real idea where Florida was, or what it was all about!
It was done with little steps at a time, one foot in front of the other, without giving up!

Offline LGBTQ Unite

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 07:18:49 am »
I feel sad everyday because of discrimination on Lgbtq people. I am angry and helpless. There is noting I can do to change people's mind. Love has no gender, why is it so difficult for people to understand that? Why do people hate people that are different? Why do they care so much about gender?

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 11:13:26 am »
I feel sad everyday because of discrimination on Lgbtq people. I am angry and helpless. There is noting I can do to change people's mind. Love has no gender, why is it so difficult for people to understand that? Why do people hate people that are different? Why do they care so much about gender?
@LGBTQ Unite   
DearLGBTQ Unite...
I just Welcomed you to Susan's Place on the first thread that you posted on this morning. 
As a reminder, please plan to find your way to the Introductions Forum to tell us about yourself so that more members can share their thoughts with you.

Thank you for becoming a member of Susan's Place.
Best wishes to you, and again Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

NOTE:  Now that I am done with this greeting and welcoming task I will let everyone have the thread back.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Paul Muad-Dib

• Family
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 08:07:58 pm »

Because it upsets the way they are wired, or upsets everything they've been taught. And sometimes, it's because they are secretly LGBT themselves and want to hide it. How many people have been caught in gay liaisons after being outspoken as anti-LGBT. I guess we're just waiting on Mike Pence now, lol.

Offline Leesh

• Laura
  • Friend
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2020, 12:35:37 pm »
I feel happy most of the time. But there are a few more and less serious things that make me feel like the happiest person on Earth:

-My partner. Obviously. He's very down to earth, and he is my rock. He doesn't say "I love you" very often, but he shows his love by daily deeds.
-Cats. All these cute meowing creatures in this world make me happy, but the particular one is my personal furball named Susie.
-Sea. I'm happy and lucky to live only about 15 kilometers from the coast, so I go to the sea fairly often, not only in summer. I love long walks on the beach, too.
-Sunrises. They make me very happy. I love early mornings, even though I hate getting up early. Most of the time it's worth it.
-Knowing I don't really have to worry about money. Both me and my partner have permanent contracts at work and while we're not very rich, we always have all the Bill's paid, a full fridge, a fair amount of savings and enough money for little things.
-Having a place I can call home.
-Summer evenings. I love long summer days.
-Making my loved ones happy.
-When everything goes as planned.
-Knowing i can fully live my life as a woman.

Tags: