Author Topic: Is anyone doing much shopping today? From home or at the stores?  (Read 549 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Is anyone doing much shopping today? From home or at the stores?
« on: November 27, 2020, 09:06:49 am »
Is anyone doing much shopping today?  From home or at the stores?

New reports have stated that traffic, parking lots, lines for bargains, and shopper counts appear to be lower than last year.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Is anyone doing much shopping today? From home or at the stores?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 09:13:27 am »
I have never been a "Black Friday" shopper.... usually the day after Thanksgiving I go back to work as I am doing this morning.   
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 09:22:13 am »
I have not bought anything today.
I am also not working today.
I did my workout so the rest of the day may be simply for relaxing.

I have been receiving lots of emails about promotional sales.
I tend to buy non-perishable and non-expiring items that I will be able to use or gift when the price is outstanding.  On the other hand, I do not need to have a multi-year supply of anything.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Haley Conner

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 09:28:30 am »
I like to steer clear of consumer events.  Especially if in real time and space.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 10:07:52 am »
I like to steer clear of consumer events.  Especially if in real time and space.

Crowds are not good to mingle in this environment.

Even not in this environment, the throngs are not usually that pleasant.

There are exceptions to that though.

Chrissy

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 10:31:21 am »
I already did most of my shopping with the "early bird" specials to avoid the rush today.   :D
An air fryer, 3" stilettos that match my skin tone, and a small black crossbody bag.
Also upgraded my offline Win 7 computer with a 27"curved monitor for $150.

Just bought a pink 25mm Eco-Watch.  I like small watches as I have small hands and wrists.
Citizen makes solar powered watches that never need new batteries. 
Some didn't like it because it was too pink. 

Marion
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 04:14:29 pm by Maid Marion »

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 01:22:41 pm »
Since I'm still creating my new household, I've taken advantage of some sales to get things I needed anyway. All online or for curbside pickup.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 04:54:07 pm »
Got some really terrific deals for $ off face value for gift cards that I can use or give away, to be used at a couple of merchants who will be around.  You have to be careful with that, because if a company goes bankrupt it has no requirement generally to honor outstanding gift cards.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 11:00:44 am »
I was able to get a few bargains the last few days.
It was all online purchases except for local food.
But I did not spend a lot.

Chrissy

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 03:51:34 pm »

My new watch!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 04:01:28 pm »

Offline Froodah

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 09:48:24 pm »
I've been eBay shopping!!

I ordered this choker but I worry it's too adult.. It is fun though.

Offline Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2020, 07:34:42 pm »
Considering there is a pandemic going on, and people are hoarding items I need the most, I tend not to go out and fight the traffic just because there are sales.  I have learned to do my homework, and use the internet to find where to get what I want instead of going from store to store looking for something they no longer have in stock. As for Amazon, i got some nice security cameras to keep an eye on things, and gather evidence in case thieves come around.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

Offline Leesh

• Laura
  • Friend
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2020, 06:28:53 am »
I have only groceries to do for today. The rest of things I ordered online and I'm only waiting for packages to arrive : D

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2020, 06:36:53 am »
I have only groceries to do for today. The rest of things I ordered online and I'm only waiting for packages to arrive : D
@Leesh

Leesh,

Do you have to sign for packages or do you have package theft, either making it unwise to stay home?

Chrissy

Offline Froodah

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2020, 10:44:28 pm »
I just bought heaps of Jeffree Star cosmetics!

Offline Leesh

• Laura
  • Friend
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2020, 11:33:54 am »
So I ordered a few perfume samples and most of them has arrived :3

@Leesh

Leesh,

Do you have to sign for packages or do you have package theft, either making it unwise to stay home?

Chrissy

I don't. In case I'm not home and the package is too big to fit my "letterbox", they leave it in the nearest post office and I can go pick them up the next day :D

Tags: