Author Topic: I think i might have done something good  (Read 341 times)

Offline RetroTS

• Neighbor
  • A girl making up for lost time
I think i might have done something good
« on: November 28, 2020, 05:03:45 pm »
I think i might have done something good a few days ago.

Through an app of an *ahem* adult nature, a younger person (twenty something) of trans experience and I struck up a conversation. This person was struggling with thoughts and feelings and the shame of being someone else other than their assigned gender, and the subject came to clothes, where to buy them, what shops were safe in this podunk god forsaken redneck town we live in.

This conversation sort of took me back to when i was 13, not knowing why i felt more comfortable in women's clothes, wishing i had someone i could confide in, someplace i could go dress and just be myself, without fear of judgement.

It's roughly 40 years later, yet those sorts of feeling came back when talking to this person. Fortunately, this persons wife was completely on board. We talked clothing and shoe sizes. This person had so many questions about this journey and i did my best to answer them. I gave this person the best honest answers i could .

The best part is what i did for this person: i went into my closet. I wound up hooking this person up with 50 pairs of shoes of all varieties and occasions (i can't do a lot of heels these days), lingerie that was too big for me, cosmetics that i never used, tons of accessories that i never really liked, clothes that only fit me when i was a lot younger and more daring than i am now.

This person and the wife met me. While the wife was absolutely lovely, this person was scared <not allowed>, i mean a nervous wreck. I looked this person dead in the eyes and said "Look, i know this is all overwhelming. I was once here before. I'm going to tell you that this is a part of you and while it may ebb and flow from time to time, love and embrace it. This is not a curse, it's a gift. You will always be you, and you are a beautiful person" At that moment, i saw a change wash over this person. I'm really not one to toot my own horn, but something happened to this person. I would like to think i set a part of this vile world right in my own small way.

We wound up exchanging phone numbers and we chat a lot on occasion.

Ironically, this person sent me picture today sporting some of my classy strappy high heeled numbers. This person looks way more fab than i ever did in them  ;D

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: I think i might have done something good
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 05:14:12 pm »
Giving some comfort to a person can be a kind thing to do.
Giving clothes to someone who might be able to use them is thoughtful.
Good for you.

You may wish to share with this person that some LGBT organizations have run clothing drives and subsequent days when the clothing can be looked at and picked up.   Ts and others can donate clothes and take home some for their current sizes and style preferences.  Such events are likely not common during these COVID-19 days though.  Such campaigns can make it nicer for newbies too.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Laura1951

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 05:33:43 pm »
You did MORE than a good thing. You gave back. You payed it forward.

All of us have felt what this woman has gone though; the delight of knowing your truth while being terrified of the future. That's been me, too.

I've found solace here at Susan's and among the friends whom I've confided in. Each, in their own way, did what you did today.

there's a point in our transition where we have the confidence to pay it forward and help the next person take a step forward.

well done.

Laura
One New Life to Live (My personal blog)

Laura's HRT Journal     |     Laura's FFS Journey.   |  Stay or Go

Offline chloeleanneh

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 04:27:06 pm »
Awe awesome!  Gorgeous act from a gorgeous girl! We HAVE to have each others backs. xx

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X104F using Tapatalk

Offline Froodah

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 01:20:39 am »
Aww so lovely.

Tags: