Author Topic: GRS - The After-Party  (Read 12805 times)

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
Re: GRS - The After-Party
« Reply #260 on: February 22, 2021, 04:47:10 pm »
Daily Summary (22-Feb-2021):

1D:SS0-FD-D5:SS1-FD-D5:SS2-FD-D20
2D:SS0-FD-D5:SS1-FD-D5:SS2-FD-D20

First working day with just two sessions. Certainly nice to have time for lunch in the middle of the day and not just dilation with a sandwich in my mouth! Lol

Things are gradually getting easier with the SS2/Blue, so progress continues slowly but surely. X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #261 on: February 23, 2021, 03:54:51 pm »
Daily Summary (23-Feb-2021):

Another day, another two-sessions. Not much else to report today. X

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2021, 04:42:28 pm »
I forgot to post yesterday!

It was much like the day before, and the day after!

Daily Summary (24-Feb-2021):

Daily Summary (25-Feb-2021):

I continue to douche with saline daily after my final dilation. When I see the surgeon next week, I'll ask about simplifying this routine.

It's gradually getting easier to insert the SS2/Blue dilator, but I'll wait a few more weeks before I start sizing up to the SS3/Green.

Otherwise everything is feeling comfortable and looking healthy.

I continue to explore my new parts, and my confidence in how and where I can touch grows. X

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2021, 06:49:18 pm »

I continue to explore my new parts, and my confidence in how and where I can touch grows. X

I'm glad you mentioned that your confidence is growing in exploring your new parts. At 4 weeks post-op, I still have pretty limited confidence. My doctors even asked me if I started exploring my clit, and I was like, "Um no!" Way too sensitive down there. I am starting to get more confident on the outer labia, because I have been massaging the incisions to help with the swelling. But the inner parts? Uh uh - not yet.

Sarah

----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #264 on: February 26, 2021, 03:04:38 pm »
I'm glad you mentioned that your confidence is growing in exploring your new parts. At 4 weeks post-op, I still have pretty limited confidence. My doctors even asked me if I started exploring my clit, and I was like, "Um no!" Way too sensitive down there. I am starting to get more confident on the outer labia, because I have been massaging the incisions to help with the swelling. But the inner parts? Uh uh - not yet.

Sarah
It's taken me time, and I'm still not 100% mentally comfortable with everything yet. It was the same after my tummy tuck surgery, it took maybe a year or more before I felt fully content with my whole body. :-)

When it comes to "fun times", the first few took a long time and alot of mental work. Now it's more like it was before surgery, less mental effort and faster, but just as enjoyable ;-D

Daily Summary (26-Feb-2021):

End of a long week at work, feeling tired and ready for a lazy'ish weekend. X

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Friend
« Reply #265 on: February 26, 2021, 04:12:03 pm »
I find my own body normally stops the fun.  It probably one of the primary things pushing me to GCS, I would like to be able to enjoy my body.
July 2020: Full Time
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #266 on: February 28, 2021, 02:42:33 pm »
I find my own body normally stops the fun.  It probably one of the primary things pushing me to GCS, I would like to be able to enjoy my body.
I could enjoy myself, but not in a 'male' role...

I certainly prefer the appearance of things now, and feel more aligned mentally and physically.

Daily Summary (27-Feb-2021):

Daily Summary (28-Feb-2021):

It's been a nice weekend, recovered some energy from last week. Work is OK, but I'm still not quite firing 100%; energy levels still slowly getting back to where they were. X

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #267 on: February 28, 2021, 03:02:53 pm »
@Megan.

Thank you for keeping us informed of your progress.
You are way ahead of me in terms of transitioning, and you and Jessica Rose are wonderful in terms of sharing out and simply being nice people.  Really.  Thanks again.

Hugs,

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #268 on: March 01, 2021, 03:00:45 pm »
@Megan.

Thank you for keeping us informed of your progress.
You are way ahead of me in terms of transitioning, and you and Jessica Rose are wonderful in terms of sharing out and simply being nice people.  Really.  Thanks again.

Hugs,

Chrissy
Thnx Chrissy.

I'm not sure I have much else to add to what I've shared before, but if it's of use, then mission accomplished. :-)

Daily Summary (01-Mar-2021):

Off into London tomorrow for another check-in with my surgeon. Everything is healing very well, so I expect it'll be very routine. I'll ask about douching, sizing up again and... Sex! X

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 10:23:20 am by Megan. »

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #269 on: March 02, 2021, 01:14:47 pm »
Visit to the surgeon went well today.

He was very happy overall with the way things are looking. He didn't feel there was any need for me to return on any fixed date for further examination, unless I feel the need or encounter an issue. At this time I'm very happy with my outcome.

We did discuss a couple of small cosmetic items. None of which are causing me any practical issues. If I ever wanted these addressed it would have to wait until everything is fully healed. I'll give everything a good year before I make any decisions in this area.

He did use a speculum - another new experience to check off the list! - and treated some granulation tissue along the inside of the vaginal canal. I've not had any discomfort or discharge, so I was unaware it was even there, but this may make dilation even more comfortable :-).

We talked about dilator sizes and agreed that as I'm happy with my size using the SS2/Blue dilator, there is no need to size up further.

I raised the subject of intercourse, he didn't have any concerns, and that it was perfectly safe for me if I felt comfortable to try should I want.

At this point things are really winding down in recovery. Dilation should gradually taper down over the next 6-12 months to a maintenance level. Aside the odd twinge, comfort is very good, and there is little or any discharge (excluding lube from dilation). My ability to sit for extended periods should continue to improve over time, with cycling now being the last hurdle to clear. X

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #270 on: March 02, 2021, 01:26:44 pm »
@Megan.
Dear Megan:

I am so happy for you that your follow up visit with your surgeon went well.  It is always a nice thing to hear when they tell you that they are not setting a specific return followup date.

I am certain that you feel quite accomplished in getting to where you are now in your dilation efforts... tapering off is certainly a very welcome happening for you... 
     ***....Just what are you going to do every day with all of your extra time now??

I will keep looking for any of your updates regarding dilation or anything else that is happening in your life.

HUGS and as always, best wishes,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #271 on: March 02, 2021, 01:53:14 pm »
Congrats on getting to the 3-month mark! Hopefully nothing but upside from here.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #272 on: March 02, 2021, 02:16:51 pm »
Thnx Danielle and Sarah. It'll still be twice a day for some time, but even dropping from three to two made life far more normal.

Daily Summary (02-Mar-2021):

2D:

After the silver nitrate treatment on the small section of granulation this afternoon I've decided to let things heal this evening and skip my second dilation, I'll restart again in the morning.

I'll keep going with two sessions a day for the time being. The SS2/Blue is still pretty tight to get in, but as that improves I can look at dropping to once a day. X

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2021, 10:27:39 am »
If you don’t mind describing it, what is granulation?  Is it like a scab, but on mucous last tissue?  Or, like an open wound were a layer of skin is missing?  Or, what?

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2021, 10:43:08 am »
If you don’t mind describing it, what is granulation?  Is it like a scab, but on mucous last tissue?  Or, like an open wound were a layer of skin is missing?  Or, what?
I'm no doctor or scientist... my take is that granulation is just fresh/raw tissue where the top layer(s) of skin have been removed or died, and it starts to heal and grow a new matrix of nerves, skin, blood supply etc..

The bigger issue is Hypergranulation, where the body gets in a loop and creates an excess amount of new material, that is often dense in nerve cells and blood flow. This is what I had, and in pictures on my private Twitter feed, you can see the excess tissue grow and start to seal over the introitus, and the effect of the silver nitrate treatment in removing it.

I hope this is of help, but I suspect others can give a better explanation! X

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2021, 09:11:49 pm »
Thanks.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2021, 04:52:03 am »
Douching!

I was douching after every dilation for the first eight weeks (three times a day), and since then every evening after the last dilation (once a day).

I have been mixing a saline solution to use for these douches. Saline is great for keeping things clean and to promote healing, but now everything is well healed I checked with my nurse and she confirmed that I can now swap to fresh warm water.

I am still to douche every evening to remove any excess and old lubricant, but this is just another small and positive simplification in my routine - no longer having to mix up fresh batches of saline.

I'll report back here any substantial effects from the change, but I don't expect any.

The whole subject of douching appears to be a minefield with little validated evidence if, to what extent and with what it should be done.

Always follow your doctor's advice. But for my own personal comfort I will probably always do it when there has been any use of lubricant. X

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2021, 06:36:58 am »
I used saline for the first four weeks, and then, per doctor’s orders, I switched over to a solution of 50% water / 50% distilled vinegar. I douche after my first dilation. My morning routine is: eat, dilate, douche, shower.. I’m about to do that now.

Sarah
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 12:56:36 pm by sarahc »
----
48 years young.

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2021, 08:16:27 am »
I used saline for the first four weeks, and then, per doctor’s orders, I switched over to a solution of 50% water / 50% distilled vinegar. I douche after my first dilation. My morning routine is: ear, dilate, douche, shower.. I’m about to do that now.

Sarah

Ear?
Veteran, US Army

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2021, 12:59:32 pm »
Argh...should have said "eat." Fixed in the original message.

Fortunately, my ears don't need any transition-related procedures. Except I still need to get my ears pierced, and when I do, I'll need to do that daily cleaning thing for the first few weeks... Hmmm....maybe that will be part of the routine in the future. :eusa_think:

Sarah

Ear?
----
48 years young.

Tags: