Author Topic: GRS - The After-Party  (Read 7824 times)

Alice and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
Re: GRS - The After-Party
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 09:47:10 am »
Megan, I would follow Rake's lead much more than anything I might suggest, for she's a healthcare professional and is a consistently clear and lucid voice at Susan's. However, from my perspective in the peanut gallery, albeit someone who's had tissue cut and felt the resurrection of sensation, you do want feeling down there and this might be an ephemeral burst of rebirth, one that will sort itself out in the coming days, weeks, and months.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 12:07:45 pm »
I'll take the small win...

Still in intense pain overall, but did succeed in getting a dilation to full depth. It took an extreme degree of careful going, but I got there.

I'm hoping to get back to my surgeon's clinic next Tuesday to address the issue - if still existing. In the meantime, simply working to retain depth is my priority.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2020, 03:11:17 pm »
Yay - way to battle through it. Hang in there! Hopefully the sensitivity subsides in the coming days.

Sarah

I'll take the small win...

Still in intense pain overall, but did succeed in getting a dilation to full depth. It took an extreme degree of careful going, but I got there.

I'm hoping to get back to my surgeon's clinic next Tuesday to address the issue - if still existing. In the meantime, simply working to retain depth is my priority.

----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2020, 03:43:58 pm »
Yay - way to battle through it. Hang in there! Hopefully the sensitivity subsides in the coming days.

Sarah
Thnx hon.

I don't want my experience to scare people, I have no regrets, and I'm confident I'll get to a satisfactory end, but major surgeries can come with bumps. X

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Online Pammie

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2020, 05:04:05 pm »
Thnx hon.

I don't want my experience to scare people, I have no regrets, and I'm confident I'll get to a satisfactory end, but major surgeries can come with bumps. X

Well done Megan, ur an inspiration! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2020, 06:01:10 pm »
The way I view post-GCS recovery is that it's a war...you're battling for this new organ that you want created, but your body is going to fight back. Wars require courage and tenacity, and with a plan and consistent effort, one is very likely going to win this war. Just keep working.

Sarah

Thnx hon.

----
48 years young.
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)

Offline Breeze 57

• Friend
  • My new name is Paige Autumn
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2020, 08:33:44 pm »
I know what you're going through and it sucks.  I had GCS 3 months ago and I'm just now starting to feel normal again.  I had some sensitive areas too which were diagnosed as granulation tissue.  They tried treating it with silver nitrate treatments, but it just wasn't getting the job done.  A little over a week ago I had another surgical procedure to cauterize several areas and he restitched 2 small places that had opened up.  Feel soooo much better now.  Hope your recovery is faster than mine, but be patient, it takes time.  I'm still dilating 3 times a day and I'm not sure how long I will have to keep up that schedule.  But that's just part of the deal we knew about going into this.  Talk to you later, it's time for my last dilation of the day.

Online Alice

• The Battle Within
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2020, 09:01:41 pm »
Thnx hon.

Megan,

This was major surgery so complications are expected. I am sure it will all work.

I hope you fell better soon.

Alice

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2020, 01:37:27 am »
Daily Summary (02-dec-2020):

1D:
2D:NHS-FD-D10
3D:

Thank you all for the kind comments and support. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2020, 06:40:50 am »
Still a little tender this morning, but better than yesterday. Managed to do my first dilation and got to full depth with the smallest dilator, to help maintain depth.

I also found this morning, that it was something I WANTED to do. It's not that it's a fun or pleasurable exercise, but it is becoming a natural process and experience.

Those following my previous posts will know I debated for a long time on whether to have vulvaplasty or a full vaginoplasty. My final decision was more an emotional choice rather than one driven by any specific sexual need or desire.

I was very unsure how penetration would sit with me emotionally, but it feels right, and far more so than using my original equipment ever did. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2020, 03:45:47 pm »
Daily Summary (03-dec-2020):

1D:NHS-FD-D20
2D:NHS-FD-D20:SS1-FD-D5
3D:NHS-FD-D8:SS1-FD-D12

A better day today than yesterday. Things are still tender, but improving. I managed my longest session yet with the purple dilator, not 20 minutes yet, but I'll get there... My concern after a bad day yesterday was losing depth, but that's not been an issue. Phew!

Made a trip out into town this afternoon. Devlyn and I went to the grocery store, needing provisions for my children staying this weekend - I'm not entirely sure yet how that'll all work out with dilation etc. but we'll muddle through. I can't wait to see them :-)

While at the store we made sure to walk up/down every aisle at least once to build up my walking for the day. I'm quite convinced that being active - within reason - will speed my overall recovery, so I'm getting out when I can.

I think I only napped maybe once while in hospital, and haven't needed to since getting home. I do still spend a good portion of my time horizontal in bed, but my energy levels are good overall I feel. X

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2020, 05:23:13 pm »
Yes,  it is a great idea to be as active as you can.  I've been in a rehab ward for an entire month and that is what they do with everyone.  Get them moving as quickly as they can.

Marion

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2020, 01:55:59 am »
Yes,  it is a great idea to be as active as you can.  I've been in a rehab ward for an entire month and that is what they do with everyone.  Get them moving as quickly as they can.

Marion
Big hug, I hope you're doing well.

Running kept me sane at a point in my life when everything else was failing apart, the mental health benefits of exercise are amazing. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2020, 04:04:14 am »
Who'd have thought that Xmas present wrapping would be such a work out!

Just standing and wrapping a few presents has me in a sweat, I've said it before, but I'm still stunned at how my energy and stamina have been effected by my GRS. X

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2020, 06:02:38 am »
GRS does require a lot of energy. I exercise regularly and was in good shape before surgery, but it took me about three months to get my strength and stamina back to what it was. The frequent dilations also seem to slow life down. When you get down to once each day, life gets easier. I wish you all the best.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA with Dr. Ley on 21 Feb 2019
GCS II and FFS - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019
FFS II - FFS II with Dr. Ley on 13 Oct 2020
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2020, 07:47:26 am »
Keeping an eye to see how it goes, will be referred to Belringer after my GIC video call today. Next decision is do I go full or cosmetic .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2020, 08:39:45 am »
Keeping an eye to see how it goes, will be referred to Belringer after my GIC video call today. Next decision is do I go full or cosmetic .
I spent a lot of time on that decision myself. It's totally personal, and needs to come from you so I'll say no more on it.

Hope the call goes/went well. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2020, 01:20:50 pm »
Second dilation today came along with some interesting sparks in the region of my new clitorus... I think.

It wasn't a pleasant sensation, more like a 'pins and needles' feeling. Since that session, through the early evening, that whole part has felt incredibly sensitive, breathtakingly so, like a raw nerve - perhaps not surprising!

I think I'm a long time off any kind of fun with my new bits, but there is, for now, certainly sensation. Time will tell how things develop in that area. X

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2020, 02:18:08 pm »
For as difficult as GCS recovery is, it is still amazing to go through something where you have all of these wonderful new experiences! Sounds much more interesting than FFS recovery...

I feel so fortunate to live in a time when we can have this procedure.

Sarah

Second dilation today came along with some interesting sparks in the region of my new clitorus... I think.

It wasn't a pleasant sensation, more like a 'pins and needles' feeling. Since that session, through the early evening, that whole part has felt incredibly sensitive, breathtakingly so, like a raw nerve - perhaps not surprising!

I think I'm a long time off any kind of fun with my new bits, but there is, for now, certainly sensation. Time will tell how things develop in that area. X

----
48 years young.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2020, 04:26:14 pm »
Daily Summary (04-dec-2020):

1D:NHS-FD-D20:SS1-FD-D5
2D:NHS-FD-D5:SS1-FD-D20
3D:NHS-FD-D5:SS1-PD-D5

Second dilation was a solid success today, I swapped around the durations using the smaller one as a 5 minute warm up, then a full 20 mins with the purple one.

When I attempted the same approach at my third session, I hit an issue. With the purple dilator inserted about halfway, i hit what felt like a nerve, very painful, but not a pain I'd felt before. I removed and reinserted the dilator but had the same issue. I hope a rest overnight will resolve this.

The difference in shape between the straight NHS dilator and the purple SoulSource is interesting. I actually find the straight one more comfortable to use - though it is also sightly thinner. I have to take into account their shape when inserting them, and getting to full-depth.

Sensitivity and pain have varied alot today, from very mild, to really quite severe at points.

My pain medication regime has settled into the following.

Morning: Ibuprofen + Paracetamol
Afternoon: Paracetamol
Evening: Ibuprofen + Paracetamol

After standing in the kitchen to make some Bolognese sauce this morning, I had to lie down due to discomfort from blood/swelling. Periods of sitting and standing do raise levels of pain, and I need time lying back in bed to calm things down again.

My children arrive tomorrow for the weekend. I'm not very mobile right now, between that and my dilation time, it won't be the time with them that I'd like, but my wonderful wife will be here to help as always - thank you baby. X

Tags: