Author Topic: GRS - The After-Party  (Read 7352 times)

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
Re: GRS - The After-Party
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2021, 02:44:43 pm »
Daily Summary (10-Jan-2021):

1D:SS0-PD-D20
2D:
3D:SS0-FD-D20

Bleeding in the mornings seems to be getting worse. I think I may have a section of hypergranulation at the top of the vaginal entrance.

There was blood when I first went to the bathroom, and quite a lot on the top of the dilator when I had my morning session.

With my children staying, I skipped the middle session, and had a good evening one without any bleeding - though I was VERY gentle with things. It took a good 20-mins just to get to depth. X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2021, 05:22:07 pm »
Megan, I don't know if this will be useful, but I bled after my GCS too. It wasn't during dilation, but during sex with my boyfriend, who was a big man. I consulted a gynecologist who looked inside of me with a camera and saw a patch of the lining that simply hadn't healed following the surgery. He gave me a large, plastic syringe that I filled with an estrogen cream and injected into my vagina. It was decades ago, so I'm unsure of the time frame, but it wasn't long, maybe a week or two, and he looked inside me with a camera again. He was so amazed at the improvement that he asked me if a couple colleagues could also look.

He was a highly experienced gynecologist and he told me that if I hadn't shared my background, he would have assumed that I'd had a hysterectomy. He also asked if he could consult with my surgeon, Eugene Schrang, and I told him that was fine. The gynecologist wanted to do how Schrang did what he did. Anyway, after that patch healed, there have been no problems since, so I hope you too can find a one and done solution.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2021, 03:32:53 pm »
Daily Summary (11-Jan-2021):

1D:
2D:SS0-FD-D20:SS1-PD-D05
3D:SS0-FD-D20:SS1-PD-D05

I'm not too bothered by the sight of blood, but seeing quite a bit when I've been to the toilet first thing the last two days was unsettling for me. This morning things were much better which put me in a better mood.

Other activities kept me from a morning dilation session, but the other two went OK. I even felt ready to try and get the SS1/Purple in. With the larger dilator I didn't even quite get to the first dot, but I will try to build over time and hopefully get that back to full-depth.

Otherwise a relatively average day. X

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2021, 03:56:42 pm »
@Megan.
Dear Megan:
I am worried about you regarding the blood that you have been reporting lately.
If this keeps up I sincerely hope that you let your doctor know what is going on.

Please see you doctor soon if the daily blood you are seeing is getting worse....
I will continue following your reports and I will be checking up on you !!!!!

HUGS, and take care of yourself... stay safe, stay healthy.
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2021, 04:13:41 pm »
@Megan.
Dear Megan:
I am worried about you regarding the blood that you have been reporting lately.
If this keeps up I sincerely hope that you let your doctor know what is going on.

Please see you doctor soon if the daily blood you are seeing is getting worse....
I will continue following your reports and I will be checking up on you !!!!!

HUGS, and take care of yourself... stay safe, stay healthy.
Danielle

Danielle, thank you for the concern. I think it's all from granulation around the vaginal entrance, everything else looks and feels happy and healthy.

I'm keeping my doctor and the senior nurse informed and sending them regular pictures - a job I don't think Devlyn relishes :-D.

I'm due to have a planned 8-week follow-up appointment next week, I'm hoping they can treat any granulation while I'm there.

Keep safe. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2021, 03:58:38 pm »
Daily Summary (12-Jan-2021):

1D:SS0-FD-D20
2D:SS0-FD-D20

A solid day, and the first with three good sessions for some time.

Still staying away from the SS1/purple, but got to full-depth with the SS0/Orange dilator for a good 20-minutes in each session.

It did take a loooong time (30-minutes) to get to depth in the first session, but I just relaxed, took my time and got there in the end. The latter two sessions went quicker.

I'm more focused on getting three sessions/day right now than moving up to the SS1/Purple dilator, but obviously both are ideally needed! X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2021, 02:10:51 pm »
Daily Summary (13-Jan-2021):

Repeat of yesterday. First dilation was the hardest as usual, muscles tight after a nights sleep, they got easier through the day.

I'm trying to get into a daily rythm with these and, focusing on getting three a day, to full depth.

There are two main muscle walls that the dilator passes through. Each in turn has to relax to let the dilator pass, this is the toughest part, and what adds the most time in getting down to depth. Once at depth, it's a fairly simple matter of maintaining a light pressure to keep the dilator in position while the clock ticks down. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2021, 04:11:23 pm »
Daily Summary (14-Jan-2021):

A rough night, had some discomfort from the ongoing granulation issues and didn't get much sleep.

I forgot to stretch before my morning session which made it a bit harder, but I did eventually get to depth. The latter two sessions went better.

I'm trying to get into a daily rythm, and would like to continue the pattern of the last three days for another week before I try to add in the SS1/Purple dilator.

I've had my 8-week follow up consult with the surgeon confirmed for next Tuesday. I intend to discuss a few things including the obvious granulation issue, my ability to orgasm (good) and also the fact that my clitoris seems very inaccessible - possible still from swelling - but a minor revision might be required. X

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2021, 05:09:40 pm »
@Megan.
Dear Megan:
It is always very nice to read your daily reports regarding your healing and recovery from GRS.
I hope and trust that your 8 week followup appointment next week with your surgeon will give
you the answers and information that you are hoping for. 

In my "half-way" on the other side of the world opinion, It is best to not 2nd guess and think
that you will need a revision... yet ....   your surgeon will certainly give you their opinion,
meanwhile, do your daily routines and follow Devlyn's  your doctor's orders!!! ;) ::)
HUGS,
Danielle

A rough night, had some discomfort from the ongoing granulation issues and didn't get much sleep.

I forgot to stretch before my morning session which made it a bit harder, but I did eventually get to depth. The latter two sessions went better.

I'm trying to get into a daily rythm, and would like to continue the pattern of the last three days for another week before I try to add in the SS1/Purple dilator.

I've had my 8-week follow up consult with the surgeon confirmed for next Tuesday. I intend to discuss a few things including the obvious granulation issue, my ability to orgasm (good) and also the fact that my clitoris seems very inaccessible - possible still from swelling - but a minor revision might be required. X

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #169 on: January 14, 2021, 05:22:29 pm »
@Megan.
Dear Megan:
It is always very nice to read your daily reports regarding your healing and recovery from GRS.
I hope and trust that your 8 week followup appointment next week with your surgeon will give
you the answers and information that you are hoping for. 

In my "half-way" on the other side of the world opinion, It is best to not 2nd guess and think
that you will need a revision... yet ....   your surgeon will certainly give you their opinion,
meanwhile, do your daily routines and follow Devlyn's  your doctor's orders!!! ;) ::)
HUGS,
Danielle

LOL, we have plenty of self-appointed doctors on the site.... I'm not one of them.  :laugh:
Veteran, US Army

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2021, 03:22:35 pm »
Daily Summary (15-Jan-2021):

The rythm continues...

A quiet day. I continue dilating, I always use the hand-cassette in the shower after to get everything clean. I douche once a day after my final dilation using saline via a 60ml string and female catheter - this is simple and easy. Once or twice a day I moisturize the whole area with E45.

I stretched in the morning which certainly helps initial insertion, though it's still slow to get the dilator down to depth & something I'll discuss with my surgeon next week. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2021, 02:21:46 pm »
Daily Summary (16-Jan-2021):

1D:SS0-PD-D5

A bad day. The ongoing and worsening granulation makes dilating increasingly hard and painful.

I was unable to make any effective progress in my morning dilation. By afternoon, with pain relief, I made it to full-depth but it was very uncomfortable. The evening session was ok and the best of the three.

I have put a picture of the granulation up on my private Twitter feed (PM me for access), it now forms an almost complete circle around the vaginal entrance, copious amounts of lube are all I can do help.

When not dilating, things are mildly uncomfortable, but I'm still functional and mobile.

My hope remains that next week the surgeon/nurse can address the granulation, and things will improve. X

Offline Pammie

GRS - The After-Party
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2021, 03:29:47 pm »
Daily Summary (16-Jan-2021):

1D:SS0-PD-D5

A bad day. The ongoing and worsening granulation makes dilating increasingly hard and painful.

I was unable to make any effective progress in my morning dilation. By afternoon, with pain relief, I made it to full-depth but it was very uncomfortable. The evening session was ok and the best of the three.

I have put a picture of the granulation up on my private Twitter feed (PM me for access), it now forms an almost complete circle around the vaginal entrance, copious amounts of lube are all I can do help.

When not dilating, things are mildly uncomfortable, but I'm still functional and mobile.

My hope remains that next week the surgeon/nurse can address the granulation, and things will improve. X

Oh I do hope so hun!
Im following your posts with fascination - it is really good to understand the post surgery challenge for people like me who are committed to future full depth GCS
Sending hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2021, 04:07:02 pm »
Oh I do hope so hun!
Im following your posts with fascination - it is really good to understand the post surgery challenge for people like me who are committed to future full depth GCS
Sending hugs xx

Pammie, I'm glad this may be of use to you or others. :-)

Daily Summary (17-Jan-2021):

A good day!

Awoke feeling far more comfortable than yesterday. I made a point of getting an early breakfast in so I could have some ibuprofen and give it some time to kick-in before my first dilation.

All the sessions went well, and were far less painful than yesterday. Still seeing blood on the dilator in reasonable but not heavy amounts; I think this is all from granulation tissue.

If anything, my clitoris has given more discomfort (not pain) today, but that's been low-level.

The sun was shining earlier, so Devlyn and I got out for a nice walk. My walking pace was good and I felt strong.

More days like this are always welcome! X

Offline Pammie

« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2021, 04:21:04 pm »
Pammie, I'm glad this may be of use to you or others. :-)

Daily Summary (17-Jan-2021):

A good day!

Awoke feeling far more comfortable than yesterday. I made a point of getting an early breakfast in so I could have some ibuprofen and give it some time to kick-in before my first dilation.

All the sessions went well, and were far less painful than yesterday. Still seeing blood on the dilator in reasonable but not heavy amounts; I think this is all from granulation tissue.

If anything, my clitoris has given more discomfort (not pain) today, but that's been low-level.

The sun was shining earlier, so Devlyn and I got out for a nice walk. My walking pace was good and I felt strong.

More days like this are always welcome! X

That sounds like a very positive day!

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2021, 04:15:36 pm »
Daily Summary (18-Jan-2021):

3D:SS0-FD-D20:SS1-PD-D5

Another solid day. I also felt confident to have a quick go again with the SS1/Purple dilator at the end of my evening session. I can't get it to full-depth - barely reaching the first dot - but that should come in time.

Today is 8-weeks since my operation, and tomorrow we're traveling into London for my routine follow-up.

I have several questions and points to bring up with Mr Bellringer, and I'll share the outcomes of that appointment here tomorrow. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2021, 10:15:40 am »
Nuke it!!!

Suspicions confirmed, my surgeon did confirm that all the red recent tissue growth I see around the vaginal entrance is indeed granulation tissue that needed treatment.

They attacked the whole area with some silver nitrate, and have also given me a prescription for steroid cream. Advising I will likely need to return in another 4-6 weeks for a further round of the same.

The granulation is the source of the blood I see on daily basis, the amount of which is low, but still not fun to see.

Otherwise, my healing continues slowly in a positive direction; the journey into London today being far easier than when I went in 4-weeks ago.

There is still some swelling that will likely take several months to fully clear, but aside the discomfort of the granulation and it stopping me from working up on dilator size, I'm very happy with everything else.

I will continue to use the small dilator to maintain the depth (5") until the granulation improves. X

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2021, 10:27:50 am »
This granulation issue seems like it is a very common complication for trans women who do GCS. So common, that it should be expected.

I'm having my surgery in New York and will stay there for three weeks post-op, but after that, my next two "visits" over the following month are to be by video.

However, I'm wondering if that's a good idea...maybe I should be planning to take the train back up to New York every couple of weeks, have my follow-up visits in person to ensure that everything is on the right track.

I guess my question is...if you had to do it all over again and could do this, do you think you would have opted to head back to the surgeon a couple of weeks ago to get the granulation addressed, even though it is a (literal) pain to travel there?

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2021, 11:46:57 am »

This granulation issue seems like it is a very common complication for trans women who do GCS. So common, that it should be expected.

I'm having my surgery in New York and will stay there for three weeks post-op, but after that, my next two "visits" over the following month are to be by video.

However, I'm wondering if that's a good idea...maybe I should be planning to take the train back up to New York every couple of weeks, have my follow-up visits in person to ensure that everything is on the right track.

I guess my question is...if you had to do it all over again and could do this, do you think you would have opted to head back to the surgeon a couple of weeks ago to get the granulation addressed, even though it is a (literal) pain to travel there?

Sarah

The granulation, while annoying and uncomfortable at times is not a deal-breaker for me, and yes I'd do it all again. The biggest issue is that it's getting in the way of me increasing my dilator size, but that can come in time as long as I maintain my depth.

There is the potential for either a local nurse/GP to treat any granulation, or even to do it yourself - which I think I can and would if it becomes a longer ongoing thing.

I get the impression that you have to let the granulation develop before treating, so scheduled appointments are not necessarily the best for managing it.

My own issue is where I'd had some necrosis from two small grafts that died, everywhere else I seem to been healing well. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2021, 02:01:32 pm »
Daily Summary (19-Jan-2021):

1D:
2D:
3D:

Not a typo, and not ideal, but only one day...

The first two sessions were missed due to travelling into London for my 8-week follow up appointment, which went well.

A large amount of granulation was treated in London, and have I have just had a shower now I'm home. Substantial ammounts of dead tissue came out of the area - not nice - but alot still remains. The area around the vaginal entrance is surrounded by dead and dieing tissue. To avoid pushing this tissue into the vagina and to also let the area heal for some time, I'm avoiding dilation this evening.

Tomorrow I'll start the day with a bath and get the area clean before recommencing dilation.

I will apply the steroid cream before bed tonight and for the next 7-days.

As I said in my previous post, the granulation is a hiccup I'd rather not have in my recovery, but it is just that, and will resolve in time. X

Tags: