Author Topic: GRS - The After-Party  (Read 11480 times)

Offline Breeze 57

• Friend
  • My new name is Paige Autumn
Re: GRS - The After-Party
« Reply #180 on: January 19, 2021, 04:25:52 pm »
I had a silver nitrate treatment for granulation last Friday.  Had what looked like black tar ooze onto my pad for about 12 hours.  Ugh, not pretty. But it's also kind of rewarding knowing the granulation tissue is getting burned back.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2021, 04:29:59 pm »
I had a silver nitrate treatment for granulation last Friday.  Had what looked like black tar ooze onto my pad for about 12 hours.  Ugh, not pretty. But it's also kind of rewarding knowing the granulation tissue is getting burned back.
Yes, quite unpleasant to see!

I've posted before and after pics on my private Twitter feed (PM me for details) for those with a strong constitution... X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2021, 02:31:54 pm »
Daily Summary (20-Jan-2021):

1D:SS0-FD-D20
2D:SS0-FD-D20
3D:SS0-FD-D20

I started the day with a nice long bath. This helped relax my muscles after a day without dilation yesterday, and washed away all the remaining dead tissue from the silver nitrate treatment. An updated picture of the improved area is on the Twitter feed.

After that it was back to the daily routine. I was close but didn't quite get to full-depth the first session. The second two went well, and I got to a good depth.

Devlyn and I popped out for some chores during the day, and I took the chance to drive the car back from town (1.5 miles) to see if I could. I'm able to drive fine now, and having an automatic helps, but I wouldn't want to take any long trips!

My energy levels today we're certainly the best for some time. I may have worse days in future, but my healing continues and I'm starting to feel my old self again.

I return to work in two weeks. I'll keep to three dilations/day until then, then drop to two and see how things go from there. Mr Bellringer said to stick to the smaller 1" SS0/Orange dilator for now until the granulation is resolved and healed properly, then work on width.

A couple of weeks ago the thought of returning to work filled me with dread, but I'm now feeling I'm ready for the task, and in another two-weeks it'll be nice to get back into that rythm. X

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2021, 02:42:46 pm »
@Megan.
Dear Megan:
I certainly enjoyed reading your good and your happy report....

Your healing progress from the granualtion, and your positive attitude increased energy level will certainly help you to get back into the groove...
... driving your car to town, getting back to work in a couple weeks, out and about with Devlyn, etc.

Thank you for sharing and posting.
I am wishing you well....  stay safe and stay healthy.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #184 on: January 20, 2021, 03:49:58 pm »

@Megan.
Dear Megan:
I certainly enjoyed reading your good and your happy report....

Your healing progress from the granualtion, and your positive attitude increased energy level will certainly help you to get back into the groove...
... driving your car to town, getting back to work in a couple weeks, out and about with Devlyn, etc.

Thank you for sharing and posting.
I am wishing you well....  stay safe and stay healthy.
HUGS,
Danielle

Thnx Danielle for the well wishes.

I've shared here my down-times, but I spent a long time working on my mental resilience with my therapist, and I always try my best to keep a positive view on life.

I think final resolution of the granulation will likely take several months, but I can't and won't let that stop me getting on with my life :-). X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2021, 03:58:31 pm »
Tucked into bed and relaxing before bed time.

I've changed my usual nightly application of E45 cream over to Kelo-Cote silicone gel on the surgical scars to help them heal with a good appearance.

I will continue to apply E45 during the day between dilations/douches/showers etc... X

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2021, 04:30:52 pm »
It’s exciting to hear your desire to get back into daily routines! And also good to hear that you didn’t lose too much progress on dilation even after a full day off. Both things are very positive.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2021, 02:28:30 pm »
It’s exciting to hear your desire to get back into daily routines! And also good to hear that you didn’t lose too much progress on dilation even after a full day off. Both things are very positive.

Sarah
Thnx Sarah, after two months with very subtle progress, yesterday and now today have been really positive. :-)

Daily Summary (21-Jan-2021):

Another good day!

Three solid dilations to depth, they were all comparatively comfortable, even without any pain meds. Bleeding is also very minimal, just a few spots on occasion.

I went out again for a short drive in the car today. It's nice to have a degree of personal mobility, poor Devlyn has been my private taxi service for some time!

Comfort, and the ability to sit - even without a donut cushion - is certainly improved.

I'll continue using Kelo-Cote on the scars at night, and E45 in the day. Also applying the steroid cream around the vaginal entrance once a day, before bed.

I'm still douching daily, after my final dilation with saline, and that seems to be keeping everything clean and healthy. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2021, 05:39:21 am »
I think Devlyn is getting very tired of only a single topic of conversation in our house... ;D :D

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2021, 06:31:32 am »
The one thing I've taken away from your thread is how life-consuming the recovery and discovery from this process is. Helpful for me as I start heading down the road you are on next week.

Sarah

I think Devlyn is getting very tired of only a single topic of conversation in our house... ;D :D
----
48 years young.
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2021, 07:48:01 am »
The one thing I've taken away from your thread is how life-consuming the recovery and discovery from this process is. Helpful for me as I start heading down the road you are on next week.

Sarah
I'm now seeing a gradual return to normal. I drove to the grocery store this morning, did the shopping, packed the bags and drove home.

Simple things like this become real steps that recovery - while ongoing - is becoming a smaller part of my life, not the dominant one. X

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #191 on: January 22, 2021, 08:08:02 am »

Let's just say that if there isn't a change of subject,  I might...die later.... :laugh:
Veteran, US Army

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2021, 08:09:52 am »
Let's just say that if there isn't a change of subject,  I might...die later....
That was a... Stretch.

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2021, 08:14:35 am »
Let's just say that if there isn't a change of subject,  I might...die later....
That was a... Stretch.

Truly an in depth discussion.
Veteran, US Army

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2021, 04:02:48 pm »
Enough punnery, time for a daily update!

Daily Summary (22-Jan-2021):

Same as yesterday aside a little sensitivity on the left-side of the introitus (vaginal entrance), and a couple of nerve zaps in the same location through the day.

Mentally, also in a good place. Both in myself, and also most of my older family relatives have now received the first of their two COVID vaccination jabs which I'm glad about.

I don't know if it classifies as phantom limb pain, but I had quite a bit of sensation early on in my recovery that was undoubtedly my neo-clitoris, but felt like my penis. That has been gradually fading away, with only a little occasionally today. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2021, 03:51:11 pm »
Daily Summary (23-Jan-2021):

1D:

With my children staying for the weekend, I skipped first dilation to make time for them. The other two went well as they all have recently.

Dilation has become just a chore rather than something to dread, and I couldn't be happier.

I've noticed just in the last couple of days that urination has become less messy. I'm unsure if it's just time passing or the effect of the steroid cream in reducing swelling, but it's generally (not always) more of a single stream rather than the Trevi Fountain!

Mobility and energy still improving, as is my ability to sit/stand for extended periods. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2021, 04:56:59 pm »
This post isn't just... padding... sorry. Let's talk about feminine hygiene products, AKA pads.

At Parkside hospital they provide pads, and the ones they gave me were seemingly identical to the Sainsbury's Maxi towels (left of picture). These are my go-to towel. Comfortable, cheap and simple. I've not found any need yet for anything with wings, and these pads have been more than absorbent enough to handle what my new parts have thrown at them. The dilation routine on top of bathroom visits results in a high turnover rate - I never re-use a pad regardless of condition - to keep everything hygienic.

At night I was using the same Sainsbury's Maxi pads, but had a small amount of leakage, so I've more recently been using some different ones from Aldi (right of picture). These are slightly longer, wider and have an engineered shape that fits me well at night.

I was new to the complex minefield of pads at the start of this, and I'm still learning. But don't get sucked in by brand names and fancy features. You won't be out rollerblading or running along a beach straight after GRS, get something comfortable, that works and doesn't cost the earth. X

EDIT:
Never use tampons during your GRS recovery, only pads should be used unless advised otherwise by your doctor!

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2021, 07:38:40 pm »
I've read consistently that tampons should never be used following GCS...and I have not heard of a surgeon who recommends tampons at any time. Definitely don't use them unless told to by your surgeon.

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2021, 02:44:45 pm »
Daily Summary (24-Jan-2021):

1D:

Another two-session day. My children are back with their mum for the week, so it'll be back to three sessions tomorrow.

Slightly more tender today, but still very good, and much a repeat of yesterday. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2021, 02:08:00 pm »
Daily Summary (25-Jan-2021):

9-weeks post-op, and back to three good dilations, all to full-depth.

Strength and energy continue to improve. I went out in the car, did several chores, some grocery shopping, then home to some cleaning and later cooked dinner - egg fried rice & lemon chicken. I'm now in bed and tired after a busy day for me.

First dilation was tight getting started, stretching definitely helps, and I forgot this morning. As the muscles relax and stretch during each session it gets easier to remove/insert the dilator. I often do this several times to add more lube through the session.

I'm getting ready to start working again on improving my width, and may add the SS1/Purple dilator into my session (s) tomorrow. X

Tags: