Author Topic: GRS - The After-Party  (Read 15130 times)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: GRS - The After-Party
« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2021, 01:08:11 pm »
@sarahc
Dear Sarah:
I have been very eagerly awaiting your clarification regarding your "ear" ...

We all love the spell checker in our computers!!!  It substitutes words at the most unexpected times.
I usually double-check what I write before I hit the "send" button....
....but not always, and that is when I get in trouble!

Thanks for replying... you have satisfied my curiosity.
HUGS,
Danielle

Argh...should have said "eat." Fixed in the original message.

Fortunately, my ears don't need any transition-related procedures. Except I still need to get my ears pierced, and when I do, I'll need to do that daily cleaning thing for the first few weeks... Hmmm....maybe that will be part of the routine in the future. :eusa_think:

Sarah
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2021, 04:33:57 pm »
Ear douching aside, I'm back to my normal routine...

Daily Summary (03-Mar-2021):

1D:SS0-FD-D5:SS1-FD-D5:SS2-FD-D20
2D:SS0-FD-D5:SS1-FD-D5:SS2-FD-D20

Daily Summary (04-Mar-2021):

1D:SS0-FD-D5:SS1-FD-D5:SS2-FD-D20
2D:SS0-FD-D5:SS1-FD-D5:SS2-FD-D20

With no immediate plans to size-up further, I'll be continuing this regime for another couple of months before dropping down to one session a day.

I'm going to draw a line under my daily posts in this thread, I'm not sure they hold much value to anyone anymore...

As and when I encounter any issues or points of note I'll capture them here. :-) X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Online Jane.Shannon

« Reply #282 on: March 05, 2021, 04:37:01 pm »
LOL, I transitioned my ears about 3.5 years ago, but I think the piercing gauge is a little smaller then Megan and Sarah just experienced.  I am seriously considering phase to my ear transition...I'd really like a second piercing in each. 

Argh...should have said "eat." Fixed in the original message.

Fortunately, my ears don't need any transition-related procedures. Except I still need to get my ears pierced, and when I do, I'll need to do that daily cleaning thing for the first few weeks... Hmmm....maybe that will be part of the routine in the future. :eusa_think:

Sarah
June 2021: Orchiectomy
July 2020: Full Time
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Offline Alice

• The Battle Within
« Reply #283 on: March 07, 2021, 04:00:38 pm »
Megan,

I am so glad everything is going well and your visit to the surgeon was so positive.

Alice

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #284 on: March 07, 2021, 04:39:59 pm »
Megan,

I am so glad everything is going well and your visit to the surgeon was so positive.

Alice

Thnx hon. I'm really lifting my eyes to some of the other bucket list items I have. My transition was and has been somewhat all consuming the last 6 years! Now I can finally start to focus my energy to other things. X

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2021, 03:17:28 pm »
Update!

6-months post-op and all is good. I dropped the SS0/Orange dilator from my sessions a while back. I now just use the SS1/purple and SS2/Blue dilators. The larger one is still a little snug, but there is no difficulty in using them.

1D:SS1-FD-D5:SS2-FD-D20
2D:SS1-FD-D5:SS2-FD-D20

I have attempted to size up to the SS3/Green one a couple of times, but things became a bit sore from the pressure and I backed off again. I'm happy with what I have already, but I may revisit this again in future.

Despite the early healing issues, I have managed to keep - and even slightly improve - my original post-surgical depth. I can get the fifth and final dot just inside the introitus, which is a solid 5.5" and I'm very happy with that, especially given the material the surgeon had to work with.

I'm hoping to drop to one dilation a day very soon after i get the all-clear from the surgeon. I will drop the morning session, and getting this time back will be nice!

I started a new job with a new employer last month and that's going great. My gender identity hasn't been any kind of issue and life is remarkably and wonderfully normal.

I've posted current pictures of the surgical area up on my private Twitter, as before please PM if you'd like access to that resource. And if you have any questions please ask.

X.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 05:32:24 pm by Northern Star Girl »

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2021, 03:25:10 pm »
Thats good news dear, well done XXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #287 on: May 18, 2021, 12:43:43 pm »
Yay! Congratulations.

Sarah

Update!

6-months post-op and all is good. I dropped the SS0/Orange dilator from my sessions a while back. I now just use the SS1/purple and SS2/Blue dilators. The larger one is still a little snug, but there is no difficulty in using them.

1D:SS1-FD-D5:SS2-FD-D20
2D:SS1-FD-D5:SS2-FD-D20

I have attempted to size up to the SS3/Green one a couple of times, but things became a bit sore from the pressure and I backed off again. I'm happy with what I have already, but I may revisit this again in future.

Despite the early healing issues, I have managed to keep - and even slightly improve - my original post-surgical depth. I can get the fifth and final dot just inside the introitus, which is a solid 5.5" and I'm very happy with that, especially given the material the surgeon had to work with.

I'm hoping to drop to one dilation a day very soon after i get the all-clear from the surgeon. I will drop the morning session, and getting this time back will be nice!

I started a new job with a new employer last month and that's going great. My gender identity hasn't been any kind of issue and life is remarkably and wonderfully normal.

I've posted current pictures of the surgical area up on my private Twitter, as before please PM if you'd like access to that resource.  And if you have any questions please ask.

X.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 05:33:44 pm by Northern Star Girl »
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #288 on: May 19, 2021, 02:44:31 pm »
Sarah/Davina thank you :-)

I was back with the surgeon at their outpatient clinic in London today.

I had some issues a few weeks back when I stopped using the steroid cream I'd been previously prescribed. I wondered if this was the return of some granulation deeper in the vagina, but the surgeon took a look and confirmed there is no granulation. The issues were just a reaction from dropping the steroid, and have resolved on their own.

The surgeon did observe I have a very small amount of prolapse just at the introitus. But it is not causing me any discomfort, pain or concern, so for now it'll be left well alone. The surgeon did say it would be fairly invasive to correct surgically, so I'd prefer to avoid that.

Barring any issues that may arise, it's unlikely I'll need to make any more visits to the surgeon.

I also got a confirmation that it should be fine to drop from two to one dilation a day, so I'll try that and see how it goes.

It's been an eventful six months. Recovering from GRS during a pandemic, over Christmas, and starting a new job, a car restoration project and working on the garden and allotment has been hectic! But life is slowly calming down just a little bit, and I'm taking a mental breath now :-)

I'm still reflecting on what my new bits mean to me in terms of my identity, and how I relate to my body, but I'm very happy with things as they stand.

X.

Offline putaringonit

« Reply #289 on: May 19, 2021, 04:57:08 pm »
Megan! I'm so happy everything's going well after 6 months!
I remember I followed your whole journey from the beginning of the surgery!! 6 months went by so fast!

Something I gotta say, I just *love* that your surgeon is still taking a look at how everything is going at *six months post-op*!!! That is something that, when my time comes, would make me feel 100% better; knowing that the surgeon who actually performed the surgery is making sure the healing journey is going as it should!
I chose PAI in Thailand, so that's not an option for me, but you're very lucky you get to have your surgeon monitoring the recovery!!

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #290 on: May 20, 2021, 01:48:22 am »

Megan! I'm so happy everything's going well after 6 months!
I remember I followed your whole journey from the beginning of the surgery!! 6 months went by so fast!

Something I gotta say, I just *love* that your surgeon is still taking a look at how everything is going at *six months post-op*!!! That is something that, when my time comes, would make me feel 100% better; knowing that the surgeon who actually performed the surgery is making sure the healing journey is going as it should!
I chose PAI in Thailand, so that's not an option for me, but you're very lucky you get to have your surgeon monitoring the recovery!!

Thnx hon. Waking up this morning and not having to set-to and do a dilation was a real pleasure!

The dilation is a grind to be sure, but like many, now there's no real discomfort from it, it's a time to relax for me. Not to mention the cost of the consumables!

I've been very happy with the Parkside team. They seem to run regular clinics through the week and will typically see you with a a couple of weeks ( or sooner if urgent) notice. They're also responsive to emails, and actively had me sending them pictures of my recovery in the first couple of weeks so they could monitor it.

I hope all goes well with your procedure out in Thailand.

Keep safe. X

Offline Alice

• The Battle Within
« Reply #291 on: May 20, 2021, 04:54:32 am »
Megan,

I am so happy to hear your progress.  It is great to hear the perspective from someone who has been through the surgery.

Alice

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2021, 04:39:10 pm »
Quick update:

After dropping to one dilation a day, I've not noticed any loss or slip backward, so everything is going well.

Despite initially dropping the morning session, I've actually swapped to doing my dilation in the morning. This works better around my job, and keeps my evenings clear so I've been able to restart swimming back at my local pool.

Now things are all a lot 'smoother' below I feel far less awkward at the pool. I used swimdresses previously for a little more modesty, but would now feel happy in a classic swimsuit, so I'll pick one up soon.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2021, 04:57:40 pm »
@Megan.
Dear Megan:
I was concerned that you had not updated your "The After-Party" thread for more than 2 weeks...
... thank you for bringing me and the rest of your followers up to date.

You will undoubtedly find that it is so affirming to finally wear women's clothes and especially bottoms, leggings, etc, and your women's swimming suit without concerns regarding a bulge in the wrong place. 

I am so very happy for you...

HUGS and more HUGS, 
Danielle

Quick update:

After dropping to one dilation a day, I've not noticed any loss or slip backward, so everything is going well.

Despite initially dropping the morning session, I've actually swapped to doing my dilation in the morning. This works better around my job, and keeps my evenings clear so I've been able to restart swimming back at my local pool.

Now things are all a lot 'smoother' below I feel far less awkward at the pool. I used swimdresses previously for a little more modesty, but would now feel happy in a classic swimsuit, so I'll pick one up soon.

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2021, 05:20:23 pm »

@Megan.
Dear Megan:
I was concerned that you had not updated your "The After-Party" thread for more than 2 weeks...
... thank you for bringing me and the rest of your followers up to date.

You will undoubtedly find that it is so affirming to finally wear women's clothes and especially bottoms, leggings, etc, and your women's swimming suit without concerns regarding a bulge in the wrong place. 

I am so very happy for you...

HUGS and more HUGS, 
Danielle

Thnx hon.

Getting fit again after a lockdown/grs-recovery double combo is my aim now. I've not been eating well or getting anywhere near enough exercise, but now have time in the evenings to get active. I'd love to do another triathlon but it'll probably take a year or more to build up to that. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2021, 03:51:04 am »
Quick update:

Despite dropping to one dilation a day, they'd gotten really quite easy and comfortable starting with the purple to warm up and then using the Blue for the main session.

I got bored... So I tried sizing up again to the Green. It really wasn't too bad, I've slowly increased depth with the Green over the last week, and this morning got to full depth with it.

I've been adding it as an additional 5-mins on the end of my usual session, but I'll now see about dropping the purple and make a Blue/Green session my usual schedule.

1D:SS1-FD-D5:SS2-FD-D20:SS3-FD-D5

Mr Orange still looks mighty big to my eyes, and I'm in no hurry to size up again. For now and likely the next few months I'll aim to get comfortable with the Green. X

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #296 on: July 04, 2021, 04:16:07 pm »
Quick update:

A few days after my last update, I dropped the smaller of the three (SS0/Purple) dilators from my rotation. I'm now comfortably using the SS3/Green after a short warm up with the SS2/Blue.

1D:SS2-FD-D5:SS3-FD-D20

Given that I had to purchase the petit set from Soulsource and started with the petit Orange (1”) due to the complications I had, I'm really happy to reach this point. I have a solid 5.5" depth which is exactly (or maybe a little more than) what I had immediately after my surgery.

I hope this gives confidence to others that full surgical depth can be retained and width increased over time with patience, sticking to your doctors recommend dilation regime and keeping everything clean and hygienic. X

Tags: