Author Topic: Summary of HRT Effects after 8 years  (Read 400 times)

Offline Misato

• I thought I was out, but I've been pulled back in.
Summary of HRT Effects after 8 years
« on: November 29, 2020, 05:31:58 pm »
I began low dose HRT 8 years ago. With my GCS starting to take shape my mind has been treating me to flashbacks of what I've gone through. The notion occurred to me others here may be interested.

I was in my mid-30s when I started HRT. For breast size these days sometimes I fill a B cup. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the many women whose bra doesn't fit her right. But it's not uncomfortable, and my silhouette looks better so I don't much care.

My breasts themselves are well developed. My also cats were a quick study in figuring out that they can step on momma's chest and get her attention real quick. They are a little far apart that's thanks to puberty #1. Still despite being asexual I have found they can be most stimulating. This lovely low roar can be maintained for quite a bit if I'm in the right head space.

The areolas have grown, nipples too. I also noticed the hair I once had around my nipples is now completely gone.

Speaking of hair that's gone a "happy trail" is now something I once had. I also realized today that I had a problem with nose hair popping out before. My SO even named them as a way to tell me to trim. That hasn't been a problem in a very long time. No real change on the top of my head though. But thick hair is not something either of my bloodlines is known for.

Regarding my penis there's been enough shrinkage that I'm a little concerned the surgeon isn't going to have much to work with. I'm not worried right now since I'm planning a vulvoplasty. It also sort of works still which is most annoying after ~8 years with T in the normal female range. I'll just say when it does "function" it tops out at something like cooked pasta.

I'm also sorry to anyone who just had pasta.

Fat re-distribution hasn't been noticeable. It liked to collect on my gut before, still does as much as I'd rather it go to someplace like my hips to help with the illusion of hip have.

The top layer of my skin seems drier and thinner. I don't know how much of that is climate, or age, or how much is E. I also don't heal as fast which again could be due to age or E. I think.

Somewhere somehow I also gained two inches in height. Doctors don't believe me. But I was 5'10" since my 20s. Now I'm 6'. Maybe cause I'm happier I'm standing straighter? I don't know.

I got this female intuition thing too though it could also be me just looking for an excuse to tell the following story: I went to a wedding, and going in I "knew" I was going to kiss my first boy by the end of the night. Sure enough I played this dice rolling game there, and I ended up kissing one of the groomsmen.

I've done the best living of my life in the last 8 years. I love the womanly body mine has grown into so far. I'm disappointed I wasted so much time sad and resentful and unhappy. But despite how long as I waited to arrive in my womanhood, my mind day to day approaches my life now like it's just thankful to have gotten there. I hope post GCS I'll think about my prior life even less as I won't have to fiddle with the most obvious telltale marker of it every time I pull my panties up.

It's a long journey but even before it completes, benefits can abound.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
Re: Summary of HRT Effects after 8 years
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 05:48:17 pm »
Speaking of hair that's gone a "happy trail" is now something I once had. I also realized today that I had a problem with nose hair popping out before. My SO even named them as a way to tell me to trim. That hasn't been a problem in a very long time.

Arghh...been on HRT for two years, and nose hair is alive and well - have to trim it every week...hope I get your results in the coming years.

I've done the best living of my life in the last 8 years. I love the womanly body mine has grown into so far. I'm disappointed I wasted so much time sad and resentful and unhappy. But despite how long as I waited to arrive in my womanhood, my mind day to day approaches my life now like it's just thankful to have gotten there. I hope post GCS I'll think about my prior life even less as I won't have to fiddle with the most obvious telltale marker of it every time I pull my panties up.

It's a long journey but even before it completes, benefits can abound.

Totally! I think it's very hard to get across the emotional benefits of transition to those considering it. My pre-transition self completely underestimated the benefits and how much happier I would be.

Congratulations on a successful journey!

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Tags: