Author Topic: What is your Gender Dysphoria Trigger  (Read 7278 times)

Offline BritneyX

• Formerly Known As The Closeted Bronie
  • MTF - Finding Equilibrium
Re: What is your Gender Dysphoria Trigger
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2021, 01:03:05 am »
Sexy e-girls.

What is an  "e-girl"?  I am not up on all the lingo.
"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2021, 06:03:56 pm »
What is an  "e-girl"?  I am not up on all the lingo.

LOL!  I was thinking the same thing!  I think that means we're old, Britney!  ;D

~Sara

Offline Ellie_Jean

• Friend
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2021, 02:30:18 am »
LOL!  I was thinking the same thing!  I think that means we're old, Britney!  ;D

~Sara

Oh no! ...I think I'm old now! 😳

(I also have no idea what an "e-girl" is. 😅)
“Come to the edge!" he said.
"We can't; we're afraid!" they responded.
"Come to the edge!" he said.
"We can't; we will fall!" they responded.
And they came.
And he pushed.
And they FLEW.

― Guillaume Apollinaire (French Poet; 1880 - 1918)

Online Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Veteran, US Army

Offline Ellie_Jean

• Friend
“Come to the edge!" he said.
"We can't; we're afraid!" they responded.
"We can't; we will fall!" they responded.
And they came.
And he pushed.
And they FLEW.

― Guillaume Apollinaire (French Poet; 1880 - 1918)

Online Nora Kay

• Junk in the Trunk
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2021, 12:42:14 am »
Right now it’s everything. You name it. I’m triggered.

Offline Brooke Renee

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2021, 10:38:06 am »
I am not out so I only fully present my authentic self during my private times.  I am so at peace and when I have my bra and forms in, it is though all of the noise stops.  Taking off my bra feels like my soul is being torn apart so I guess that is my biggest trigger. 

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2021, 10:05:43 pm »
Well, on some days it is being with a woman who typifies most everything that I would like to be and perceived as.  She has good looks, is really smart, she has a great personality, much thoughtfulness, kindness, a sweet voice, a super good sense of humor, she is fun loving, honest, dresses wonderfully and of course, would never be perceived as a male by anyone.

Sigh…

Well perhaps I have a few of those qualities but sometimes I just want them all.  Gee, why did I get born with the wrong body? 

Chrissy

@oldandcreaky @CynthiaAnn @Roll
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ronniekylie90

• Neighbor
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2021, 05:46:20 am »
My biggest issue is my original part downstairs, I can't even look down, that's how bad it is.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2021, 07:34:43 am »
Good morning ronnie,

I noticed that this is your first post here on Susan's Place and  I want to extend to you our Big Welcome to Susan's Place.

We are a website for support and discussion of all types of gender related issues. We have many members here who are underage and we try to keep Susan's Place Family Friendly and suitable for our younger members. We have rules on what we can talk about and these rules are listed in the Terms of Service. I will post links below to the Terms of Service and other important information.

Please read the Terms of Service carefully. The Terms of Service are necessary to keep this site safe for all members.

If you have a moment or two, would you consider stopping by our Introductions Forum and tell us a little about yourself.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Things that you should read

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Online ImAllie

« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2021, 12:17:54 am »
Here’s one that snuck up and bit me last night and has had me in a sadness/dysphoria hole I haven’t been able to dig out of for the last 24 hours. In fact it got me so good that trying to rebound and failing has made it worse…

Working on the annual family holiday card.

It’s something I normally take responsibility for and my wife reminded me we needed to get it done so I thought I’d pull it together last night so she and our son could approve it this morning and we could send it off. Well first of all, going through the year of photos of myself and us as a family … at several points that caught me.  Just seeing a look in my eyes in a photo, or staring at my body in general… I don’t have to explain that feeling to any of you.
But what made it worse is that I’m out to no one, and the plan is to start therapy after the new year. So looking at these photos of the year I kept thinking are my actions going to mean all these annual family traditions are blown up and gone? In fact will there even BE a holiday card next year if I’m this selfish?  All the while increasingly staring at who looks like a stranger in these photos.
I know it’s all my mind throwing road blocks in my way.  …  but knowing it, and doing something about are different things.
Sorry to ramble.  Like I said, been a really really tough day.
Allie

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2021, 08:09:34 am »
Allie --

I can totally relate to that feeling.  It's really hard to have a secret that COULD (not necessarily WILL) blow up your family unit if made known.  It is especially hard when you know that secret MUST be made known in order for you to be fully happy. 

I don't think that it is an accurate assessment to say that letting your wife know about your dysphoria is "selfish".  I DO think that acting on it without talking to your wife might be considered selfish.

I can't advise you on how to handle your specific family situation, but can tell you that for me, patience and honesty are the main things that have kept my family unit together.  I think you're doing the right thing by seeing a gender therapist early next year -- I would make sure that your wife knows about your struggles sooner rather than later, though.  The last thing you want to do is to start down the path toward full transition without bringing your family on board (unless, of course, you're OK with blowing it up).

~Sara

Online ImAllie

« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2021, 08:24:20 am »
Allie --

I can totally relate to that feeling.  It's really hard to have a secret that COULD (not necessarily WILL) blow up your family unit if made known.  It is especially hard when you know that secret MUST be made known in order for you to be fully happy. 

I don't think that it is an accurate assessment to say that letting your wife know about your dysphoria is "selfish".  I DO think that acting on it without talking to your wife might be considered selfish.

I can't advise you on how to handle your specific family situation, but can tell you that for me, patience and honesty are the main things that have kept my family unit together.  I think you're doing the right thing by seeing a gender therapist early next year -- I would make sure that your wife knows about your struggles sooner rather than later, though.  The last thing you want to do is to start down the path toward full transition without bringing your family on board (unless, of course, you're OK with blowing it up).

~Sara

Thanks so much Sara -

And yes I 100% agree with you… I even feel guilty about taking the step into therapy with letting her know, I feel like that’s one MORE thing I then have to explain that I’d not told her. In fact, she’s caught me being “sad” a few times of late and if possible I can steer this towards a discussion of me seeing someone, that would be the most ideal resolution for me.
But either way, I both deeply appreciate and agree with everything your saying.  Including your analysis over the word “selfish”.  I just think that’s what i say to try to hurt myself and make myself feel guilty so I won’t act. I’m really really good at stunning myself into inaction!  😂

Love,
Allie

Online jennifer7020

• Friend
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2021, 08:56:45 am »
Thanks so much Sara -

And yes I 100% agree with you… I even feel guilty about taking the step into therapy with letting her know, I feel like that’s one MORE thing I then have to explain that I’d not told her. In fact, she’s caught me being “sad” a few times of late and if possible I can steer this towards a discussion of me seeing someone, that would be the most ideal resolution for me.
But either way, I both deeply appreciate and agree with everything your saying.  Including your analysis over the word “selfish”.  I just think that’s what i say to try to hurt myself and make myself feel guilty so I won’t act. I’m really really good at stunning myself into inaction!  😂

Love,
Allie

Hi Allie-

Without a doubt there are pluses and minuses to starting therapy without letting your significant other know. I didn't let mine know. While it was disturbing.. I also valued having a therapist who was willing to talk to me and my wife (in all combinations of alone and together). If I didnt have my therapist before coming out to my wife, my marriage would have ended at that time. Starting therapy before coming out to your wife is a chance for you to get some clarity first. It is not selfish in the least.

Good Luck!

Jenn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes
And I knew, without askin', she was into the blues
She wore scarlet begonias tucked into her curls
I knew right away she was not like other girls, other girls

Online ImAllie

« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2021, 01:44:28 pm »
Hi Allie-

Without a doubt there are pluses and minuses to starting therapy without letting your significant other know. I didn't let mine know. While it was disturbing.. I also valued having a therapist who was willing to talk to me and my wife (in all combinations of alone and together). If I didnt have my therapist before coming out to my wife, my marriage would have ended at that time. Starting therapy before coming out to your wife is a chance for you to get some clarity first. It is not selfish in the least.

Good Luck!

Jenn.

Thanks Jenn!

And yeah I’m strongly leaning that way from everything I’ve read and all the examples people here have been kind enough to share. Being able to talk it through with someone first is a good idea. I only get one chance NOT to screw it up too badly!

Allie

Offline BritneyX

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2021, 11:40:07 pm »

~Sara
Old?  Ha!  I am getting younger!  My Endo said that I am just starting puberty (again).  ;D
"Out of all the attributes of humanity, the only one that matters most, is the one that cannot fail you.  That is Honesty. Without it, nothing else about your person will hold up." :angel:

Offline BritneyX

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2021, 11:42:59 pm »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-girls_and_e-boys

Thanks Devlyn.  Seems like a revamped Japanese Manga/Anime subculture. 

Offline Courtney G

• Faceapp version of me in profile pic...
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2021, 09:10:57 am »
It's my hairline - my hair. I always wanted better hair and although mine was curly and unruly, at least I had a lot of it. As I got older, it began to recede, with the typical widow's peaks and the thinning crown. Minoxidil helped but it has still gotten worse. The crown is pretty much fixed, but I feel like I have a giant forehead. When I look at it, I think I don't deserve to be a woman. I've been on finasteride for a couple of years and I'm really hoping HRT works a miracle. I rub it (my forehead) vigorously a couple of times a day to get the blood flowing, feeling quite desperate, like "I NEED you to grow back. PLEASE!"

I had a dream last night. In the dream, I had been on HRT for a while and I happened to go the mirror to check myself. I hadn't noticed that my hair was really full and long (my hair gets very curly when it gets long) and my curls were falling all over my forehead and on the sides of my head, looking beautiful, thick and feminine. My curly hair was beautiful. I didn't have makeup on, so my eyes were dark, and my nose could use some work, but the face in the mirror shocked me. In the dream, I had failed to realize how much my face changed over time - I had come to look like a girl. I was smiling in the mirror at myself, which I never do, and I looked so pretty that I started to cry.

Then I woke up, crying a bit.

Offline mm

« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2021, 09:45:31 am »
BritneyX, Ones second puberty is much better than the first.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2021, 10:31:41 am »
On some days all it takes is thinking about why I was not born with a girl’s body and not socialized as a girl early on.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: