Author Topic: What is your Gender Dysphoria Trigger  (Read 5940 times)

Offline Julie H

• Formerly known as White Rabbit
Re: What is your Gender Dysphoria Trigger
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2021, 11:20:11 pm »
Seeing women without male genitals, from time to time seeing women's breasts. Other times the thought of sex and then realizing I have the wrong genitals for me to have sex.
Julie

Offline Marieh

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2021, 05:07:45 am »
It can be as simple as seeing an ordinary woman walking down the street. I'm not sure why but perhaps I sense that could never be me even after transition. She never has to think about her identity and no one doubts it.

Today I was hit hard with an attack and am sitting here dressed up with nowhere to go. I look out onto the  road and wish I could introduce myself to the ladies who share this neighbourhood. Trish, Helen, Caroline.

The know my male persona of course. But not the real me.

Offline Nilange

• Visitor
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2021, 07:22:29 am »
I think it was everything at the beginning.
But now the trigger is only: too low voice, to big height, to big shoe size, hair fall, tobig hands, residual stubble, ...  :D
Testosterone is a very horrible poisson...

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
  • I love to run a proper and clean household.
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2021, 09:13:25 am »

Well I would put it this way:
For some people it can be a very horrible poison and on the other hand for other people it can be life-changing.

If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2021, 09:55:36 am »

For some people it can be a very horrible poison and on the other hand for other people it can be life-changing.

Precisely this ^^^^^.
Veteran, US Army

Offline Ellie_Jean

• Neighbor
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2021, 04:37:50 pm »
My trigger is seeing beautiful women

...I dunno if I even have gender dysphoria, let alone a trigger for it. 🤔
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark...
In the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all.
Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration...
For the life you deserved and have never been able to reach.
The world you desire can be won.
It exists.
It is real.
It is possible.
...IT'S YOURS.

-- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged (1957)

Offline Nilange

• Visitor
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2021, 09:03:45 am »

I'm sorry, I forget to add: for me.
For me the <Testosterone> is the poison. It wasted my body by years.
I think like that because I'm a woman :)
But sorry <guys>, you need the <Testosterone> and it's Ok.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 05:39:18 am by Rakel »

Offline Celine

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2021, 02:06:11 pm »
don't forget FtM's...

Celine

Offline Iztaccihuatl

• Friend
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2021, 05:05:50 pm »
I recently encountered a completely unforeseen trigger. At my workplace, which is very LGBTQ+ friendly, they actively promote that folks state their preferred pronouns, both in the human capital management software as well as on e-mail signature lines. It is intended to show support for trans or non-binary employees. Sounds all fine and dandy, doesn't it? Well, not for a trans person like me who is not out at their workplace. With a sad heart I have chosen not to show any preferred pronouns, because I either have to lie about it or out myself. And, what really hurts is each time I see someone stating their pronouns (which pretty much happens each time I read their e-mails) I want to blur out loudly my preferred pronouns, but I can't and have to force myself to hold back. Sounds like a case where a well-intended measure really backfired... (and nobody is aware of it)

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2021, 06:58:23 pm »
Sounds like a case where a well-intended measure really backfired... (and nobody is aware of it)

Sadly, it seems that this happens quite often (good intentions going badly).  I never would have thought that this type of thing would trigger me, but after your post I'm realizing that I wouldn't like that situation at all...

~Sara

Offline Ellie_Jean

• Neighbor
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2021, 08:48:57 pm »
I recently encountered a completely unforeseen trigger. At my workplace, which is very LGBTQ+ friendly, they actively promote that folks state their preferred pronouns, both in the human capital management software as well as on e-mail signature lines. It is intended to show support for trans or non-binary employees. Sounds all fine and dandy, doesn't it? Well, not for a trans person like me who is not out at their workplace. With a sad heart I have chosen not to show any preferred pronouns, because I either have to lie about it or out myself. And, what really hurts is each time I see someone stating their pronouns (which pretty much happens each time I read their e-mails) I want to blur out loudly my preferred pronouns, but I can't and have to force myself to hold back. Sounds like a case where a well-intended measure really backfired... (and nobody is aware of it)

You should tell the CEO that their policy is stupid and harmful to trans people and that they should get rid of it, then explain exactly WHY as you just did here.

...You wouldn't have to out yourself, and perhaps yourself and others working for the company who are also trans and going through the same thing would no longer have to feel like they're being forced to lie about themselves. ✊
It exists.
It is real.
It is possible.
...IT'S YOURS.

Offline Nilange

• Visitor
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2021, 01:25:51 am »
don't forget FtM's...

Celine

Yes, I'm sorry, it was my unfortunate opinion.
I'm sorry to everyone who felt offended  :(

Offline Celine

« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2021, 08:52:14 am »
No offense here, just wanted to clarify a bit. I've been guilty myself of leaving out all the details on occasion...   :)

Celine

Offline Iztaccihuatl

• Friend
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2021, 09:25:14 am »
Sadly, it seems that this happens quite often (good intentions going badly).  I never would have thought that this type of thing would trigger me, but after your post I'm realizing that I wouldn't like that situation at all...

~Sara

Yeah, same thing here, I would have never thought that something that is intended to show support for trans and non-binary people would trigger me, but oddly it does. I guess it comes with the territory when still being in the closet...

Offline Iztaccihuatl

• Friend
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2021, 09:47:42 am »
You should tell the CEO that their policy is stupid and harmful to trans people and that they should get rid of it, then explain exactly WHY as you just did here.

...You wouldn't have to out yourself, and perhaps yourself and others working for the company who are also trans and going through the same thing would no longer have to feel like they're being forced to lie about themselves. ✊

I don't think it is that easy. The policy itself isn't stupid, because it is intended to show support for trans and non-binary employees, so I perceive it as positive on the bigger scheme of things. Lobbying for its removal is therefore counter-productive. Plus, it's voluntary anyway, so nobody is forced to lie or state their pronouns if they don't want to.

The problem here is me and the fact that I am still a closeted trans woman whom everybody knows as male. Yes, I would love adding a she/her/herself to my signature line (alongside with my female name of course), but that would out me immediately, but I do envy everybody who states their pronouns and this is what triggers me.

Offline JaezelMarie

• You Can Only Live One Life - Be The Best You Possible
  • Friend
  • Non Binary Queen
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2021, 12:30:27 pm »
I would say that I am most triggered when I go to the bathroom, as of right now even though i legally changed my name and gender to non binary and typically wear womens clothing and a purse i always go to mens room. I have my familys scream in my head "your not a woman!" If possible i use a family restroom but if not possible I use mens. I am embarresd to go in and do my thing dressed as I am but I most certainly can not pass as a woman because I am not on hormones and I am hairy and have a big belly and my voice   <Edit>   thankfully soon I am getting facial feminization surgery but still I think im doomed to always use mens room. PS I live in a rural part of california that is very conservative
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 02:47:02 am by Northern Star Girl »
This can be a hard and bumpy road, but until you put one foot out the door and start on your journey, you will never know where your feet might carry you!

Offline Ellie_Jean

• Neighbor
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2021, 06:01:28 pm »
I don't think it is that easy. The policy itself isn't stupid, because it is intended to show support for trans and non-binary employees, so I perceive it as positive on the bigger scheme of things. Lobbying for its removal is therefore counter-productive. Plus, it's voluntary anyway, so nobody is forced to lie or state their pronouns if they don't want to.

The problem here is me and the fact that I am still a closeted trans woman whom everybody knows as male. Yes, I would love adding a she/her/herself to my signature line (alongside with my female name of course), but that would out me immediately, but I do envy everybody who states their pronouns and this is what triggers me.

Ahhh; I see. 😢
It exists.
It is real.
It is possible.
...IT'S YOURS.

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2021, 09:59:26 pm »
Sexy e-girls.

Offline ImAllie

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2021, 12:29:54 am »

I’m so sorry that policy causes you distress! As you said, it certainly does seem well-intentioned.  I think the one good thing about it could be, should you ever decide to transition in the future? The policy provides a very quick and direct way to spread the word behind the close circle of friends and co-workers you wish to tell directly.  So perhaps it would, in that way, be a tool for making things in the workplace at least a little easier from the stand point of transitioning?
Just a thought.  Can’t imagine that provides much comfort for the distress it’s causing you now… but when I thought of that I thought I’d share it on the off chance that it might. 

Offline Iztaccihuatl

• Friend
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2021, 12:45:42 am »
I’m so sorry that policy causes you distress! As you said, it certainly does seem well-intentioned.  I think the one good thing about it could be, should you ever decide to transition in the future? The policy provides a very quick and direct way to spread the word behind the close circle of friends and co-workers you wish to tell directly.  So perhaps it would, in that way, be a tool for making things in the workplace at least a little easier from the stand point of transitioning?
Just a thought.  Can’t imagine that provides much comfort for the distress it’s causing you now… but when I thought of that I thought I’d share it on the off chance that it might.

Thanks, Allie for your comments. I tend to see this whole thing in a very similar way, which is that while this encouragement to state pronouns might hurt me a bit at the moment, I will also benefit hugely from it once I feel ready to come out. However, before that happens, I have to resolve the Situation at home with my wife, who is, well, less than thrilled about this whole woman business of mine, but this is a topic for another day.

Tags: