Author Topic: Outing by tested flk  (Read 547 times)

Offline chloeleanneh

• Visitor
Outing by tested flk
« on: December 01, 2020, 03:08:05 pm »
Hi all

Seriously it is lovely to know you all and any negative feedback is appreciated as long as it is constructive.

I have tried to introduce myself in the forum 'right place'  but feel more that I joined a conversation rather than made some dramatic entrance.

I have a question for you all who have transitioned in later life. We all see how beautiful Maya Henry  and Sam Lux are yet they are a minority. I grew up farming and then went to the military. Suppressed things for nearly 50years and eventually like a held cork me has resurfaced...my question is really...??I'm a girl in mental health support who is trying her best....where do I turn for support....whole life is supporting others and my an kids...

Btw the kids reaction to the transition has been "meh,' so that is no worry..

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X104F using Tapatalk

Edit: sorry I failed to add:
My current wife and eldest are aware and not worried from their feedback. an information gathering session with gender GP was an actually positive experience for which I am grateful.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Outing by tested flk
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 03:33:59 pm »
@chloeleanneh
I am sorry to read that you are having difficulties trying to Introduce yourself.
Follow the instructions and the LINK below:

If you have any questions you can write directly to me via E-Mail:  northernstargirl@susans.org
Regards,

Danielle  (Northern Star Girl)
Global Moderator

To Brand New Members:
If you are new here we would like you to Introduce yourself and if you feel so inclined please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself by starting a New Topic (click the New Topic button) and then sharing with the members about yourself. 

I look forward to reading your introduction and your new beginnings here on the Susan's Place Forums.

Best Wishes,
Danielle

cc: @Devlyn
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 03:48:22 pm »
Hi all

Seriously it is lovely to know you all and any negative feedback is appreciated as long as it is constructive.

I have tried to introduce myself in the forum 'right place'  but feel more that I joined a conversation rather than made some dramatic entrance.

I have a question for you all who have transitioned in later life. We all see how beautiful Maya Henry  and Sam Lux are yet they are a minority. I grew up farming and then went to the military. Suppressed things for nearly 50years and eventually like a held cork me has resurfaced...my question is really...??I'm a girl in mental health support who is trying her best....where do I turn for support....whole life is supporting others and my an kids...

Btw the kids reaction to the transition has been "meh,' so that is no worry..

Edit: sorry I failed to add:
My current wife and eldest are aware and not worried from their feedback. an information gathering session with gender GP was an actually positive experience for which I am grateful.

Welcome to Susan's Place! Get ye to Roll Call! See you around the site!

Hugs, Devlyn
Veteran, US Army

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 04:02:03 pm »
Welcome!

Most of us have been where you are right now: the beginning of the journey after decades bottling things up. And quite a few of us, including me, transitioned when they were older.

While each person's circumstances and journey are different, we're definitely available to provide help and insight based on our experiences.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 04:18:21 pm »
A UK girl then if you are using Gender GP? There are quite a few of us UK girls starting out later in life , for me it was at 61 .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline chloeleanneh

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 04:36:01 pm »
A UK girl then if you are using Gender GP? There are quite a few of us UK girls starting out later in life , for me it was at 61 .
Davina61

Thank you sister. Yes I had my information gathering just recently. I have had my referral and will not wait the 49+ months for an assessment.

Offline Barri

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 09:08:45 pm »
It's awesome that your doc experience was good., That's great news.
I recently went to yet another provider and was treated with complete incredulity like all the others I've seen in the past,
They all just see the giant man on female hormones and speak to me between eye rolls.
Revel in this acceptance you get, it will likely keep your spirits up when the odd bad days inevitably happen by.
Welcome and be well
Barri
Born 1963
Knew I should be female 1972
Grew 18" in single year 1978
Resigned to self that I never will pass regardless, and will always and forever just be seen as a giant dude, but will pursue femme self ID anyway.
started HRT 2002 DIY
Prescribed legitimately 2012
Just going to be me.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 06:02:03 am »
Chloe,

I am another late transitioner, trying my best for over 50 years to man up. Didn't work for me, but that is another story.

Take a look at my profile picture. This is the real me. Prior to transition, I was 6'1" and well over 330 pounds. In my picture, I was on hormone therapy for only 3 years. I also had a 120 pound weight loss through serious dieting and a few inches in lost height due to hormone therapy and this is what I look like now.

Yes, during transition, I got "clocked" more often than I care to remember, however, I  just kept on dieting and with a little help from electrolysis, the hormone therapy did the rest. Never say never. Take a look at our Before and After threads. I am in there somewhere. We have five versions of this thread, because so many of us feel a need to show everybody what is possible.

Transition is a slow process, but when successful, the rewards are priceless;D

Take care.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 07:31:49 am »
This may sound odd, but it seems to me, the older one is, the later we start. I think that is a sign of a society in transition. Things are getting better. The thing is, it's hard to overcome decades of negative programming.

Online Jessica_Rose

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 09:13:06 am »
Don't worry about starting later in life, many of us didn't start our journeys until our 40's, 50's, 60's and even 70's. I was certain that I was going to be 'one ugly woman', but my only other option would have led to an abrupt end to my life. I started my journey when I was 54, I'm 58 now. Hormones can make some amazing changes, even in those who start late. There are also many surgical options to help correct the things that bother you the most. My daughters accept me, and I think we have a better relationship now. My wife also decided to stay with me. Oddly, only those who have known me a long time occasionally misgender me -- old habits are hard to break. I wish you all the best in your journey.

Love always -- Jessica Rose.
Journal - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA with Dr. Ley on 21 Feb 2019
GCS II and FFS - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019
FFS II - FFS II with Dr. Ley on 13 Oct 2020
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust.

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 04:18:20 pm »
Just saying hi chloeleanneh, welcome and don't fret the age thing... If your female, your female.. not a lot you can do about it..
and like in life in general.. its not the start or the end.. but the journey that counts and the friends you make along the way...

I am a UK girl too and 50 years old... Only been full-time a couple of months. Your luckier than me, as my wife decided to leave.. my daughter, however, is right by my side...
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Tags: