Author Topic: Help Minimizing the "Bulge" without tucking  (Read 927 times)

Offline caritas

• Visitor
Help Minimizing the "Bulge" without tucking
« on: December 05, 2020, 12:58:53 pm »
In short: can someone help me to hide the bulge of my male genitalia when dressing feminine, as I do every day, that can be done for a wide range of clothing (esp. thinner skirts/dresses) and will work for an active lifestyle with lots of cycling trips, childcare, etc. I appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

-------------

Longer for those interested: I'm 40 years old, not on hormones, not close to passing and not attempting to pass. I've become very good at selecting feminine clothing that hides my genitals, but there are so many more kinds of clothes that I want to wear, and I feel I am constantly chafing against the clothing limitations.

For instance, a lot of casual and/or simple skirts and dresses that I would like to wear just have a simple thin sheet of fabric going down in the front, and it makes a VERY noticeable bulge, even if I am wearing a couple pairs of underwear or even something like bike shorts or the equivalent underneath.

I would also love to be able to wear leggings without also wearing a thick tunic-length something to cover that area, but I haven't figured out how to do that either.

I am moving a lot of the day, including sitting on a bike, so a lot of the tucking options I've looked at are impractical for me.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Pammie

Re: Help Minimizing the "Bulge" without tucking
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 01:32:51 pm »
In short: can someone help me to hide the bulge of my male genitalia when dressing feminine, as I do every day, that can be done for a wide range of clothing (esp. thinner skirts/dresses) and will work for an active lifestyle with lots of cycling trips, childcare, etc. I appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

-------------

Longer for those interested: I'm 40 years old, not on hormones, not close to passing and not attempting to pass. I've become very good at selecting feminine clothing that hides my genitals, but there are so many more kinds of clothes that I want to wear, and I feel I am constantly chafing against the clothing limitations.

For instance, a lot of casual and/or simple skirts and dresses that I would like to wear just have a simple thin sheet of fabric going down in the front, and it makes a VERY noticeable bulge, even if I am wearing a couple pairs of underwear or even something like bike shorts or the equivalent underneath.

I would also love to be able to wear leggings without also wearing a thick tunic-length something to cover that area, but I haven't figured out how to do that either.

I am moving a lot of the day, including sitting on a bike, so a lot of the tucking options I've looked at are impractical for me.

Thanks for reading.
I have found a big improvement by wearing a pair of gaffs

https://www.gendergear.ca/pages/all-about-gaffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chloeleanneh

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 05:23:47 pm »
From my experience...a size 10 buttocks in size 8 knickers does the trick

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X104F using Tapatalk

<moderator edit>
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 06:53:37 pm by Northern Star Girl »

Offline Misato

• I thought I was out, but I've been pulled back in.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 05:55:52 pm »
Step 1 buy cheap leggings
Step 2 cut the waistband off
Step 3 cut a tube sock so you have a tube
Step 4 run waistband through tube of former tube sock
Step 5 put on your creation, tucking your extra bit so the sock part holds it in place.

I did that for years. Always held snug until I had to go to the bathroom, then it right back into secure action afterward.

Only problem is when the waistband part would roll. :/ But even then I could wear a lot more without worrying about a draft blowing my dress or skirt against my groin.

Offline Angelaney

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 07:46:07 am »
Honestly I have given up, I mostly just wear jeans/leggings, a long line tunic or tshirt, with a long line hoodie or cardigan (a wide hood is great for creating a narrow shoulder).

I can't really tuck properly, i've seen videos and read the guides, but I don't think I have enough to work with, nothing ever really stays where it should. It's "ok" until I suddenly get an obvious bump pushing straight outwards in my jeans, my embarrassing BF thinks it's funny to wind me up and calls it my "horny button", the middle aged manchild that he is...... Why do I love someone who is soooooo annoying?

I just stick with covering the area with longer clothing, short of lining my underwear with sheet metal, I don't know what else I can do.

Offline Pammie

Re: Help Minimizing the &quot;Bulge&quot; without tucking
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 08:20:45 am »
Honestly I have given up, I mostly just wear jeans/leggings, a long line tunic or tshirt, with a long line hoodie or cardigan (a wide hood is great for creating a narrow shoulder).

I can't really tuck properly, i've seen videos and read the guides, but I don't think I have enough to work with, nothing ever really stays where it should. It's "ok" until I suddenly get an obvious bump pushing straight outwards in my jeans, my embarrassing BF thinks it's funny to wind me up and calls it my "horny button", the middle aged manchild that he is...... Why do I love someone who is soooooo annoying?

I just stick with covering the area with longer clothing, short of lining my underwear with sheet metal, I don't know what else I can do.
Honestly, you should give gaffs a go! 
I hate the way it gets an erection when my boyfriend turns me on but at least I’ve never had any bulges whilst out ever for which im grateful! Gaffs definitely make it much smoother down there though! Xx

Offline Angelaney

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 11:54:54 am »
Honestly, you should give gaffs a go! 
I hate the way it gets an erection when my boyfriend turns me on but at least I’ve never had any bulges whilst out ever for which im grateful! Gaffs definitely make it much smoother down there though! Xx

It's been a while since I looked at them, I wasn't very impressed when I looked years ago, but things do change so I might take a closer look, I noticed some realistic looking silicone gaffs, but they're not cheap and I'd worry that they might be more of a fetish thing than a practical item and I don't want to encourage my BFs weird fetishes.

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 12:38:30 am »
I just wear tight undies, sometimes 2 pairs. I pull them up above the knees, then squat so everything hangs down towards the back, pull up the undies and that's my tuck. Good enough for tights. I also like to wear black tights which pretty much make everything invisible. But with pretty decorative legs and waistbands.

For running I need something that contains the scrotum so it doesn't get chafed at the edges. I've found elastic women's girdle-like things that work great over a pair of hipsters. I like the ones that have about a 4 inch leg. Then I wear running tights over it all and it's fine. Easy to squat to pee while I'm out in the woods and it just takes a moment to put it back together.

I haven't found a good gaff for running as the fabric is too heavy and it gets very wet.

I'm going to try mini-pads, which would add smoothness. But would probably get damp.

I can't tuck when biking, but you can hardly tell with the bike short padding.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline Angelaney

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 03:05:41 am »

I can't tuck when biking, but you can hardly tell with the bike short padding.

Cycling skorts are good ;)

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 02:14:59 pm »
People do not pay attention to the bulge except yourself. For me, a polyester bikini bottom is enough.

barbie~~

Just do it.

Offline SheShe

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 02:49:40 pm »
You sure did get a dark tan from the last time I saw your pic...

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 12:50:08 pm »
You sure did get a dark tan from the last time I saw your pic...

Yes. My skin, East Asian, is easily tanned in summer. BTW, the photo was taken a few years ago.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Online ramilove

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2020, 01:54:23 pm »
I wear I small thong swimsuit, tights and a blouse which falls down to my hips.
Electrolysis 3/4/2020
Estradiol 3/10/2020

Offline caritas

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2020, 04:00:15 pm »
Thank you so much to everyone who replied with your thoughts.

Pammie, I will try a gaff or two as you suggested. My concern is/was that they would be too uncomfortable and/or unworkable for daily active wear, but I've never tried and I definitely will now... and one of them will be the diy version that Misato was kind enough to describe (thank you).

RandyL, thank you for the detailed response about addressing the issue for biking/running. Super helpful.

barbie and ramilove, thank you for the suggestions about using a swimsuit bottom (bikini or thong).

Angelaney, I appreciate your reply about biking shorts and who does or doesn't notice.

chloeleanneh, thanks for sharing what works for you :)

Overall, I was kind of stuck on this for a while so thank you for helping me to move forward again.

Offline JoJoWolfe

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2020, 02:45:16 pm »
I’ve had some great results when wearing jeans or trousers using a combination of knickers/panties which have a non-stretch lace panel at the front to ‘keep things under control’ better and then a pair of tights/pantyhose with the legs cut off. The best results came from some shaping tights with panels to control the tummy and to lift the bum.

You lose some definition of the bum/butt but I have day long comfort.

Good luck  :)

Offline DKTGSupport

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2020, 10:24:36 am »
What is the temperature where you live / work ? Cos if it's too hot then several not an option.

Buy short leggings or female compression shorts. Find the right size & go on size up. The reason is that the shorts should not compress, but create a more femine shape.

Buy a shirt that when walking hides the area. When arriving at work you go to the restroom and tuck.
"I wish there was another sex, a neutral one. One with no parts. One that was outside of the whole reproduction thing. Then people would never even see me as an option. That would be really nice."

Genderrelated accounts : AVEN / Youtube

Tags: