Author Topic: introduction  (Read 308 times)

Offline Darilee

• Visitor
introduction
« on: December 07, 2020, 05:06:51 am »
My name is Darilee,  Hi all here goes a short but sweet bit about me I'm a married 63 yr old that's in the process of getting a bilateral orchiectomy w/ a scrotal excision. I have a call with the plastic surgeon today and I assume after that all I have to do is set up a surgery date. I'm excited but scared I've attempted to weigh all the pros and cons of the surgery and I keep moving toward having it done. My wife is in support of my wishes and I strongly believe it is what I going to do

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Re: introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 05:33:47 am »
Hi Darilee, welcome to Susan's Place! I had my orchiectomy in 2017 (with some minor setbacks). You can read about it all in this thread , or skip to the photos on pages 5, 7, and 9.

Here is a copy of the welcome pamphlet to help you get the most out of the site. See you around!

Hugs, Devlyn

Things that you should read
Veteran, US Army

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 05:38:40 am »
Hi!

Welcome Darilee. :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Margrit

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 10:07:51 am »
Hi

Welcome to the Forums.

Best wishes
Margrit
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 01:41:41 pm »
Darilee-

Hello and welcome to the community!

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 01:56:59 pm »
Hi Darilee,

Welcome!

Marion

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 07:36:55 pm »
Welcome to Susan's Place, Darilee.

You are so fortunate to have a supportive wife.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Darilee

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 05:30:15 am »
Thanks All,

talk with the surgeon went well yesterday, I was given a multitude of dates for February and March. Today I am having my initial visit with the endocrinologist regarding hormone treatment. I'm a little nervous. I read some of your threads Devlyn, Thks for providing them to me. I'm paying a plastic surgeon $5,500 for the orchiectomy and removal of the scrotum. ouch!! Thank you Rakel she is indeed very supportive, she tells me though that she just don't understand she asks why? neither do I really it is very confusing. I'm very fortunate to have her .

Tags: