Author Topic: Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill to Limit Trangender Participation  (Read 307 times)

Offline Laura1951

Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill to Apply Title IX Protections Based Only on Biological Sex

https://www.si.com/college/2020/12/11/tulsi-gabbard-new-bill-title-ix-trans-athletes-rights

https://gabbard.house.gov/news/press-releases/reps-gabbard-and-mullin-introduce-bill-ensure-title-ix-protections-women-and

Sports Illustrated by Nick Selby on December 10,  2020

On Thursday, Democratic Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard and Republican Oklahoma Rep. Markwayne Mullin introduced a bill to Congress that would specify that Title IX protects are applied based on whether a person's assigned female at birth.

The bill, titled the “Protect Women’s Sports Act of 2020," would prevent people who were determined to be males at birth from participating in women's sports.

=======================

Great. A bi-partisan bill denying us our ability to participate
One New Life to Live (My personal blog)

Laura's HRT Journal     |     Laura's FFS Journey.   |  Stay or Go

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
'The bill, titled the “Protect Women’s Sports Act of 2020," would prevent people who were determined to be males at birth from participating in women's sports.'

So I assume an AFAB person on a healthy dose of testosterone and sporting a full beard is welcome to play on women's teams? The one-sided nature of the legislation clearly shows the depth of ignorance on both sides of the political aisle.
Veteran, US Army

Offline Pammie

'The bill, titled the “Protect Women’s Sports Act of 2020," would prevent people who were determined to be males at birth from participating in women's sports.'

So I assume an AFAB person on a healthy dose of testosterone and sporting a full beard is welcome to play on women's teams? The one-sided nature of the legislation clearly shows the depth of ignorance on both sides of the political aisle.
Does this apply only to elite levels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Pammie, it appears to not impact professional athletics at all.

"If passed, the new bill would make it a violation for institutions that receive federal funding to "permit a person whose biological sex at birth is male to participate in an athletic program or activity that is designated for women or girls.”
Veteran, US Army

Offline Pammie

Pammie, it appears to not impact professional athletics at all.

"If passed, the new bill would make it a violation for institutions that receive federal funding to "permit a person whose biological sex at birth is male to participate in an athletic program or activity that is designated for women or girls.”

Oh my, that is truly medieval!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline VchPlz

• Let the hate flow through you
  • Friend
Great. A bi-partisan bill denying us our ability to participate

It is great.  The more biological males that are allowed to compete with women in professional sports, the more you are almost ensuring that biological women will never hold records in their respective fields.

There's a reason that for millennia men and women were separated in the first place when it came to sports.  Thinking that biological males and females are equal in physical prowess is ludicrous, and thinking that trans-women do NOT have an advantage in sports is ludicrous too... with the possible exception of pre-pubescent sports OR adolescents who have transitioned via puberty blockers and immediate HRT following blockers when of legal age.

Tulsi is amazing, btw.  Glad to see her stepping up and trying to pass legislation on this.

Tags: