Author Topic: What is your job?  (Read 6570 times)

Offline Jessica_Rose

Re: What is your job?
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2022, 10:37:13 am »
M1lless, welcome to Susan's Place and the Forums!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I noticed this is your very first post at Susan's Place! We hope you will find this a safe and friendly place to share information and read about the experiences of others. Susan's Place can be an amazing resource for advice, support, and sympathetic friends. Please feel free to comment on posts, ask questions, or share parts of your life. Some of our members even create their own blogs to document their journeys.

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to introduce yourself and very briefly tell more members something about yourself!

We suggest that you read through our rules and other Terms of Service (TOS). Please review the links at the end of this message. The links include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features.  

Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Once you reach 15 posts you will be able to send and reply to private messages, until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me via email at Jessica_Rose@susans.org

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

Jessica

Global Moderator

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2022, 07:25:21 am »
Probably biggest area of failure in my life. September been unemployed 10 years. I live with my parents to this day in my mid 40s. Last job was Walmart cashier for 8 years. Got fired because customer complained that I yawned, which I could not control because my medication made me tired. They were looking for a reason to get rid of me by then. My gender variant behavior is why they were trying to get rid of me and succeeded. Customers would find complaints on me because of my appearance. It is not for lack of education. I have a BBA degree with a emphasis in Accounting. I never could pass the CPA exam. It never became a viable career path. I put in jobs in this area and nobody contact me back then. 40 days into transition is not the time for job hunting. Your appearance will be changing right before their eyes if hired. Another reason employers will fire you. Finding employment is on my radar now. I can't depend on my parents forever. They are retired now. My parents have long given up on me succeeding in life. They think I be spending the rest of their life depending on them. They are about to get surprised. I am finally thinking about my future.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2022, 12:01:39 pm »
Hi Kaleig_hC,

This is a pretty good time to get into the work force, as plenty of companies are looking for employees.
Where I live I'm seeing companies like Home Depot support gender diversity.

I'm out where I work, slowly evolving my wardrobe as my hair grew long.
My hair now reaches the middle of my back and I've started wearing skirts the past few weeks!
I have the benefit of Seniority, which means I know how to do important stuff that nobody else can do or figure out how to do.  I've been working in the same place for a long time, so I know how to do a lot of stuff from memory having done it so many times in the past.

Marion

Offline TXSara

• Family
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2022, 01:06:08 pm »
My parents have long given up on me succeeding in life. They think I be spending the rest of their life depending on them. They are about to get surprised. I am finally thinking about my future.

Good for you.  Take control of your life.  It's going to be hard, but you'll be a lot happier in the future if you are in control of your own destiny.

~Sara

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2022, 01:54:13 pm »
@Leesh

You are missed here!

Please post again soon!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline Jessica_K

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2022, 05:30:45 pm »
I have some good news on the jobs front. I just been offered a great permanent job with a Satcomms Services company, named my price and got it. Job for life.

Jessica xxx

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle, Aspiring Person
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2022, 05:51:06 pm »
I have some good news on the jobs front. I just been offered a great permanent job with a Satcomms Services company, named my price and got it. Job for life.

Jessica xxx

@Jessica_K
Dear Jessica:
Wow!!!!  That is great news that you reported....   :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance:
                  Congratulations are in order.

If you feel comfortable sharing ... what will your job entail?

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Online sigflup

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2022, 05:52:26 pm »
I'm on permanent disability because I have schizophrenia

Offline Jessica_K

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2022, 06:39:40 pm »
@Jessica_K
Dear Jessica:
Wow!!!!  That is great news that you reported....   :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance:
                  Congratulations are in order.

If you feel comfortable sharing ... what will your job entail?

HUGS,
Danielle

Danielle, I will be designing satellite processor PCB’s, including system on chip hardware and firmware. You did ask…

Not bad for a 70 yo girl lol

Jessica xxx

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle, Aspiring Person
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2022, 11:02:31 pm »
@Jessica_K
Thank you for your reply.  I am rooting for your success in your new job.

So if I understand correctly.... you design a printed circuit board with all
of the copper traces and solder-thru holes, designate the layout of the
 components on the board, etc....   based on a schematic/design from
an engineer.... or do you do all or some of the original circuit design first? ???

... or have I missed something???

Again, I am very happy for you in acquiring your new job.
       Please keep me and the rest of your followers updated.

Danielle, I will be designing satellite processor PCB’s, including system on chip hardware and firmware. You did ask…

Not bad for a 70 yo girl lol

Jessica xxx
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline Jessica_K

« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2022, 12:23:07 am »
@Jessica_K
Dear Jessica:
Thank you for your reply.  I am rooting for your success in your new job.

So if I understand correctly.... you design a printed circuit board with all
of the copper traces and solder-thru holes, designate the layout of the
 components on the board, etc....   based on a schematic/design from
an engineer.... or do you do all or some of the original circuit design first? ???

... or have I missed something???

Again, I am very happy for you in acquiring your new job.
       Please keep me and the rest of your followers updated.
HUGS,
Danielle

Hi Danielle,
I do the schematics as well as the layout. I can also do the FPGA hardware inside the system on chip. So quite useful anywhere in the design process, throw in some firmware too.
Over my long career I have been continuously learning new skills hence the very broad skill set.
There is also a massive skills shortage in the UK at the moment.
Plus it is a great company to work for. I am very lucky.

Jessica xx

Offline Jin

• Family
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2022, 09:35:21 am »
Retired two years now. The final 20 years I was a cartographer/GIS tech for USDA Forest Service. 90% of the time sitting in front of a computer making sense of data, the other 10% training others to collect it for me. This agency is shedding it's historical "all male" persona and becoming more inclusive. I was able to come to the office in girl clothes whenever I wished, usually 2/3 days per week without any negative attention. This agency has a history of having a "boots and jeans" dress code, but I was able to pull off the sundress and sandals look.
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.

Tags: job