Author Topic: Feeling nervous and lots of anxiety.  (Read 476 times)

Offline Asheylov

• Friend
Feeling nervous and lots of anxiety.
« on: December 16, 2020, 08:17:02 pm »
Hi All

I know i don't post a lot on here but i need to talk about somethings.

Today i had my first vocal session online, she was great but i had a lot of issue being nervous and a lot of anxiety and not sure about myself and my voice.  she has given me some home work in resonance exercises  for the next 2 week so i can at least practise in my own way. so that's good.

but have anyone have had these issues with unsure about yourself and having massive anxiety while in session ?
does it work or is it worth saving to get vocal surgery?

Also i recently had my first hair cut and the hairdresser she left it long on the top but shaved the sides down. its going to look off for week until it goes out. lol

but i'm look for a new hairdresser in western suburbs in Victoria, Australia. If anyone has any ideas it would be great?

Thank you

Kind regards

Ashley :angel:

SRS: TBA
FFS: TBA
VFS: TBA  - soon due to being free.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Feeling nervous and lots of anxiety.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 11:45:45 pm »
@Asheylov
Getting voice therapy is a good step in your transition journey....  you will need patience and lots of practice and more time with your therapist to guide you and to assist you in making suggestions and corrections.....  regarding Voice Surgery, if that becomes something that is determined to be needed then perhaps your should get a consultation appointment with a qualified and experienced surgeon so that you can make an informed decision.
    Anxiety is normal....    Patience is needed as you continue on.

Regarding your unsatisfactory haircut experience, what you described is very unfortunate.  Perhaps some other members reading your postings will be able to offer you suggestions and/or help you find another hairdresser that you would be happier with.

There are THREE sub-forums here that you can checkout that may be good places to ask your questions and you may find answers already previously posted.....

Hair Care
       https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,115.0.html

Voice Therapy and Surgery
       https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,346.0.html

Australian
       https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,529.0.html   

Wishing you well, and happiness and success in your journey.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 01:24:47 am »
Hi Asheylov,

That is great that you are having voice therapy.  I was lucky to have some and it made a huge difference for me.
If you can, I suggest practicing several times a day in short sessions instead of one long one.

I had an accident two decades ago and insurance paid for rehab therapy.  I did as much therapy as the insurance company would allow.   :D  All the therapists were delighted to have an enthusiastic patient.

Marion

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Friend
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 06:05:53 am »
Hi - I sympathize with you for sure!  When I first entered voice therapy I was SO nervous about it I frequently cried before, during, and after my sessions.  My voice coach was excellent but I was so afraid that I sounded stupid.

It only took about a month of weekly appointments before I stopped being misgendered due to my voice.  It took another 3 months of weekly meetings before I felt okay about my voice.  I then practiced on my own for about the next year, and was doing quite well, but I thought I could do better.  When covid hit here and we were all sent home I began voice therapy again.  This time we worked for 6 months with monthly appointments targeting specific concerns I had.  Now I feel vastly more confident in my voice

I am a teacher and thus I use my voice in a professional capacity which is partly why I have invested SO much time into voice coaching.  It was well worth my time.  I will say that one of the other things I did was to practice everything my coach asked me to do.  I also went above and beyond in making flash cards and my own vocal support group.  I still practice my exercises. I invested a bit of money, and LOTS of time, and now I actually really like my voice.

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 10:45:04 am »
My voice has changed so much from a flat monotone that when I get tired, such as a long arduous discussion on the phone with a customer, I can hear the high rising terminal in my voice.

Sometimes I'll get a "thank you ma'am" for helping out a customer after a long discussion, even though I wasn't gendered as female at the beginning.  I have yet to switch to an obviously feminine name.

Marion

Offline Asheylov

• Friend
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 10:34:55 pm »
Thank you so much

i know its going to be a hard few years before my voice will sound like i want. But with help from the therapist i can progress in the right direction and grow in to the women i always was.

I was looking at surgery to help with my voice but i don't know if it would help. plus there isn't a lot of information on it in Australia

Nadine i also agree with you also as my voice will be needed a lot soon because of starting and finishing a lot of study to become a paramedic.

i just hope it comes easier over time .

thank you so much to find out that i'm not the only person that gets nervous and have lots of anxiety from their voice.

thanks

Ashley

SRS: TBA
FFS: TBA
VFS: TBA  - soon due to being free.

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 11:55:26 pm »
I used to have a really tough time learning new stuff.  Now I know I'm going to be really bad at first and just push through it.

Marion

Tags: