Blogs > Member Blogs

Rachel Montgomery's Journey (Part I?)

<< < (42/47) > >>

Rachel Montgomery:
Thank you. 

Again, I am not transitioning at this time.  My family relations are quite strained at the moment (not so much with my wife and myself as my wife and my parents and my sister).  The strain has nothing to do with gender.  Most of my family has no idea I am transgender. 

I have been stressing about the strained relations, and the stress is having some negative health consequences.  This is reaching the level of interfering with work and hobbies.  I have sworn off watching sporting events, to pursue more relaxing interests.

I am trying to eat better (effective now, not effective earlier today).  I am taking supplements.  I am exercising.  I am meditating.  And, this weekend I plan to go hiking with my dog. 

My wife and I went over to a friend’s home for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was nice.  No family drama.

Battle Goddess:
Happy birthday, Sweetie!

I gotta warn you: I'm at the point where I don't get carded anymore. Another ten or fifteen years, it might occasionally start to happen to you. Best you start preparing yourself.

Battle Goddess:

--- Quote from: Oldandcreaky on October 21, 2021, 12:54:59 pm ---I wasn't raised as a Christian. My mother raised me to worship my father, who lived in our attic. I never saw him and he never spoke to us, but my mother told us that we must worship him or else, for my father's former best friend lived in the furnace in the basement where my father had cast him and if we didn't believe in our unseen, mute father, all-loving Dad would throw us in the furnace too. One day, my mother told us that my oldest brother had to die for our sins, but we had to torture him to death. Only then would our all-loving father forgive us.

Oh, we missed our slain brother.

"He's coming back," my mother assured his.

We never saw him, but my mother said that she did and he would come again. We keep waiting.

--- End quote ---

O&C,

No judgment and no offense, but that sounds pretty wacky.

But I should talk. My buddy belongs to one where they nail their God to a tree and eat him while their holy men drink His blood. Once a year the Big Guy gets down from his tree and tells everyone He resigns, but He always shows up a few days later and says "just kidding." What a card!

There's a story about how someday He'll show up at the head of a zombie army, but that seems out of character. Maybe it's a metaphor, but for what? What could a seething, mindless horde devoted to a single master possibly put one in mind of?

Rachel Montgomery:
Just last weekend I was with a group buying beer at a bar.  The bar tender said he needed to see everyone’s ID (ok, my wife and I were with my step kids and their college friends).  My wife and I pulled out our ID’s only to be told he wasn’t talking to us, and that he didn’t need to see our ID’s.  Oh, well.

Northern Star Girl:

--- Quote from: Rachel Montgomery on November 28, 2021, 10:27:01 pm ---Just last weekend I was with a group buying beer at a bar.  The bar tender said he needed to see everyone’s ID (ok, my wife and I were with my step kids and their college friends).  My wife and I pulled out our ID’s only to be told he wasn’t talking to us, and that he didn’t need to see our ID’s.  Oh, well.

--- End quote ---

@Rachel Montgomery
Dear Rachel:
Great story....  thank you for sharing.   ::)
HUGS,
Danielle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version