Author Topic: Rachel Montgomery's Journey (Part I?)  (Read 10256 times)

Offline Pammie

• Up
Re: Rachel Montgomery's Journey (Part I?)
« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2021, 12:04:06 pm »
Pammie, your grief resonates. I am so very sorry for your loss.
Thank you - it is something which changes everything forever. Transition is such a small thing in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EllenW

« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2021, 02:21:14 pm »
Thank you - it is something which changes everything forever. Transition is such a small thing in comparison.

Pammie,

So true. My transition was so much easier than losing my wife Diane, who was the center of my universe for over 40 years. I cannot imagine  the lose of a child.

Ellen

Known all my life I was different
Started to live part time as my true self in 2010
HRT January 2018
Full time at work February 2018
Legal name and gender change January 2019
GCS - January 2021

Offline Pammie

• Up
Rachel Montgomery's Journey (Part I?)
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2021, 04:24:53 pm »
Pammie,

So true. My transition was so much easier than losing my wife Diane, who was the center of my universe for over 40 years. I cannot imagine  the lose of a child.

Ellen
Thanks Ellen. Losing your soul mate after 40 years together is also incredibly life changing and heartbreaking. Hugs.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 06:14:01 am by Pammie »

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2021, 06:02:37 pm »
@Rachel Montgomery
Dear Rachel:
I always am eager to follow your journey as you feel comfortable sharing with
me and the rest of your avid followers.

As you navigate the transition road and encounter the highs and the lows do
know that we are all rooting for your success and happiness.

Please continue keeping us all updated

HUGS and best wishes.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2021, 06:03:37 pm »
@Rachel Montgomery
Dear Rachel
I am wishing YOU
....a very :icon_flower: :icon_flower: Happy Birthday :icon_flower: :icon_flower:
I hope that your special day includes time with family and friends...
... with  Candles and CAKE.

***NOTE: On your November 26th birthday be certain to check your profile for a special birthday surprise! :)

HUGS, Warm regards and best wishes on your special day and birthday.
Danielle

« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 12:03:30 am by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2021, 09:13:13 pm »
Thank you. 

Again, I am not transitioning at this time.  My family relations are quite strained at the moment (not so much with my wife and myself as my wife and my parents and my sister).  The strain has nothing to do with gender.  Most of my family has no idea I am transgender. 

I have been stressing about the strained relations, and the stress is having some negative health consequences.  This is reaching the level of interfering with work and hobbies.  I have sworn off watching sporting events, to pursue more relaxing interests.

I am trying to eat better (effective now, not effective earlier today).  I am taking supplements.  I am exercising.  I am meditating.  And, this weekend I plan to go hiking with my dog. 

My wife and I went over to a friend’s home for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was nice.  No family drama.

Offline Battle Goddess

« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2021, 04:33:37 pm »
Happy birthday, Sweetie!

I gotta warn you: I'm at the point where I don't get carded anymore. Another ten or fifteen years, it might occasionally start to happen to you. Best you start preparing yourself.
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Freedom comes at a high price. But I have paid that price, and I am free." -- Muhammad Ali

"Have a gentle manner ❤️" -- Chrissy Ryan
"Working on it" -- Battle Goddess

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT and Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline Battle Goddess

« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2021, 05:50:25 pm »

I wasn't raised as a Christian. My mother raised me to worship my father, who lived in our attic. I never saw him and he never spoke to us, but my mother told us that we must worship him or else, for my father's former best friend lived in the furnace in the basement where my father had cast him and if we didn't believe in our unseen, mute father, all-loving Dad would throw us in the furnace too. One day, my mother told us that my oldest brother had to die for our sins, but we had to torture him to death. Only then would our all-loving father forgive us.

Oh, we missed our slain brother.

"He's coming back," my mother assured his.

We never saw him, but my mother said that she did and he would come again. We keep waiting.

O&C,

No judgment and no offense, but that sounds pretty wacky.

But I should talk. My buddy belongs to one where they nail their God to a tree and eat him while their holy men drink His blood. Once a year the Big Guy gets down from his tree and tells everyone He resigns, but He always shows up a few days later and says "just kidding." What a card!

There's a story about how someday He'll show up at the head of a zombie army, but that seems out of character. Maybe it's a metaphor, but for what? What could a seething, mindless horde devoted to a single master possibly put one in mind of?
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Freedom comes at a high price. But I have paid that price, and I am free." -- Muhammad Ali

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT and Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Divigel January 20 2019

• Family
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2021, 10:27:01 pm »
Just last weekend I was with a group buying beer at a bar.  The bar tender said he needed to see everyone’s ID (ok, my wife and I were with my step kids and their college friends).  My wife and I pulled out our ID’s only to be told he wasn’t talking to us, and that he didn’t need to see our ID’s.  Oh, well.

« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2021, 10:38:57 pm »
Just last weekend I was with a group buying beer at a bar.  The bar tender said he needed to see everyone’s ID (ok, my wife and I were with my step kids and their college friends).  My wife and I pulled out our ID’s only to be told he wasn’t talking to us, and that he didn’t need to see our ID’s.  Oh, well.

@Rachel Montgomery
Dear Rachel:
Great story....  thank you for sharing.   ::)
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Battle Goddess

« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2021, 12:38:59 pm »

I'm sure he wasn't wearing his bifocals.

Divigel January 20 2019

• Family
« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2021, 10:07:54 pm »
He looked like he was about 30.  I don't look like a teenager, for sure.  In fact, I am feeling a panicky sort of "time is running out" feeling lately.  I think I have some good years left, but...probably not 20 good ones (judging from my parents and my in-laws health).  They are only about 20 years older than me, and are all unable to travel, or even go to a ball game.  Maybe, if my health holds up and I stay active, I can extend my time better than they have, but eventually age will catch up and wrestle me to a stop as well. 

So, in response to the cautionary examples of the older generation of my extended family, my wife and I are planning to travel more, be more physically active, and eat cleaner.  We are also planning to become more involved in local charities.  We'll make the best memories together that we can while we can, and help people who haven't been blessed in the ways we have to have a better life than they otherwise would.  At least when we find ourselves home bound, we can think back on the enjoyable times together and the good we accomplished.   

But, yes, "mid-life crises" time seems to have arrived I suppose (though I am past the middle and moving into the final third of life expectancy).  Time is running out.  Time to get serious about all of the things we said we'd do some day.

« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2021, 11:12:58 pm »
@Rachel Montgomery
Dear Rachel:

All I can say is that your post is so very thought provoking to a lot of our members... and people in general.

I really like your stated themes of helping others, making memories, and taking care of ourselves so that we can live
long, and being healthy and comfortable physically as well as living a satisfied life.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.... in my opinion it is a "must read" for everyone.

HUGS and best wishes...   stay safe and stay healthy
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Battle Goddess

« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2021, 02:04:50 pm »
Yes, "mid-life crises" time seems to have arrived I suppose (though I am past the middle and moving into the final third of life expectancy).  Time is running out.  Time to get serious about all of the things we said we'd do some day.

Hrm...

Divigel January 20 2019

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2021, 02:24:13 pm »
You're making good decisions, Rachel, in considering your mortality, in doing what you want to do while you can still do it, and in choosing to give more. Well deciding, pretty girl.

• Family
« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2021, 04:53:18 pm »
You're making good decisions, Rachel, in considering your mortality, in doing what you want to do while you can still do it, and in choosing to give more. Well deciding, pretty girl.

That is so sweet!  Thank you.   

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2021, 05:17:31 pm »
That is so sweet!  Thank you.   

You bet your sweet bipee!